Sign in to follow this  
The Unsullied

John Ruddy to Wolves

Have heard from a reliable source at the club that Ruddy will be signing a pre contract agreement with Wolves in January and joining them in July

Pity been a loyal servant

So why the ''pre contact agreement'' if City are happy to let him go next June ?

Ruddy has been leaving NCFC since he nearly signed for Chelsea a few years ago. It made him one of the highest earners at City at the time, and presumably still is.

One day he will go. But making up such nonsense as a pre contract agreement (which presumably is a pre contract contract - otherwise it is a handshake which is about as binding as flying a kite) is a bit silly don''t you think?

Do you pass on everything you hear ?even when it is obviously not true

Best of a real poor bunch

When I think pf all the really good keepers we had since Kenny Nethercott to the present bunch are Thursday League compared to past keepers

Wolves must have a mole in our camp.

Someone must be working on the inside of the City camp feeding all our secrets to Wolves and getting our players to defect.

Who is the mole?

Who looks like a mole?

Who has links with Wolves?

[quote user="Barney Rabble"]Do you pass on everything you hear ?even when it is obviously not true[/quote]Why is it obviously not true?

''Ruddy as his best was only championship level''Are you a clown? The guy was called up to the England squad. He''s been a great keeper. Yes he''s had a couple of shakey years but he  held his own in the premier league for usSeems unlikely he''ll move as he''s just bought a massive house in the area

Unless it is the harsh new disciplinary code for late nights out.

Can''t agree with that Highland.

There was spell in 2012 where I think Ruddy played his best football and was excellent. He was comfortably a Premier League standard goalkeeper and was frequently making England squads.

Unfortunately, I don''t think he''s been the same goalkeeper since his injury against Everton at Goodison. His performances have been very mixed since then.

I thought pre-contract agreements were signed when a player was a few months away from his contract ending. It binds the player to the prospective new club when his current deal expires.

As far as I can find out, Ruddy''s current deal runs out at the end of the season but we have an option to extend by another year, so surely that means he can''t sign a pre-contract agreement?

i have not heard a anything about this but maybe a club can agree to release a player at the end of a season and he can sign a pre agreement contract if all parties agree

i

see thats funny, because i heard (ie i know!) that this is illegal between two clubs in the same country and can only happen if the player is moving abroad. if the clubs are in the same country a player can not sign any sort of contract (pre or otherwise) with another club until after his existing contract has finished. but hey ho, heard anything else.

I must say I''ve only ever heard of pre contracts being officially signed when a player moves overseas. However, unofficially I am sure players are sounded out by clubs ''off the record'' many months before their contract expires. That was pretty much what Derby did with Lee Croft back in 2009.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"][quote user="Barney Rabble"]Do you pass on everything you hear ?even when it is obviously not true[/quote]Why is it obviously not true?[/quote]

Ruddy''s current deal runs out at the end of

the season but we have an option to extend by another year, so surely

that means he can''t sign a pre-contract agreement?
"   Hairy CanaryI would have thought any genuine City fan would have known thatCuriously, neither you or the OP did

[quote user="Barnes Wallis "]Jim

I have heard a similar rumour not the pre contract but the fact he will be joining Lambert at Wolves[/quote]There''s a suprise... you agreeing with the OP, againPerhaps your ''mate'' Glem Maderos will be along soon as well

Must be planning on a long commute then from the new house he has just bought in Norfolk. Where on earth does some of this come from ?