Sign in to follow this  

Enjoyed that.

I was watching on the box and when the commentator said we should try playing it out of defence I screamed at the screen. We played it safe at the back tonight, if in any doubt the ball went high and upfield, and thankfully Villa were hopeless in possession and unable to pry us open.

A much better all-round display, Mulumbu was everywhere and Olivera took another goal very well. With a bit more clinical instinct we could have settled comfortably, heart was in mouth at the end with that penalty decision.

Just back and happily take that, thought Pinto was immense, his covering across the back behind Bassong a couple times was fantastic defending.

Pinto deserved hi MOM, great goal.

Mulumbu & Dorrans were both excellent tonight.

Enjoyed the atmosphere too, ore of the same on Friday.

Hopefully the booing of Seb won''t be repeated when his name is announced after the way he played tonight.

Agreed was the only poor thing tonight, no need for it.

Thought he was OK, but why does it fill me with dread when he''s got to defend, I''d like to see Klose back in if I''m honest come Friday.

Can''t believe anyone booed one of our players before the match.  Disgusting, pathetic and ridiculous.  Enjoyed the match (on tv of course), just the kind of fiesty and determined performance that was required and a deserved result.  One or two dodgy moments in there, but overall a good and satisfying win.  The connection between the defence/midfield/attack seemed much better than the matches I saw earlier in the season and the movement and commitment of Mulumbu,Dorrans and Howson was key to the win imo. Brady was better than I''d seen him earlier in the season too.   Thought Pinto was excellent - intelligent play and a real threat and Oliveira showed his class too. A real marker put down by the team that they mean business.  Pleased for AN too.