Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

match thread

very solid over all but lucky at 93 min to not concede penalty against Ivo Pinto .clear one imo.

Oliveira much more mobile than Jerome and more treat,Pinto very good despite this 93 min foul.

Defence solid but too much balls kicked oldstyle nowhere.

Mulumbu not bad but heavy tired.

Jacob bad game!

Not bad schedule ahead we must be in the mix very soon.

Bad that all teams around us wining.

bring on Huddersfield :-)

Happy days. We showed in flashes first half, but thought we played really well second. Once the goal went in the players looked like a weight had been lifted. Great strike it was too, pure class. That''s two games running Nelson has pulled a goal out of nowhere. I love Jerome but as mentioned by others, he will find it tough to get his place back if the Admiral keeps playing like this. Pinto was outstanding, probably his best game for us, Mulumbu also played very well indeed. Thought Brady showed a bit more fight than he has recently too. Bennett and Bassong looked a bit ropey but they got through without too much drama. 
Really pleased for the lads, they needed that, we needed that and that''s a huge 3 points. Crucial that we follow it up with a decent showing on Friday though.

Not the most exciting game but huge result and most of all a big improvement defensively as team.

One nil pretty much the perfect result when you''re on a bad run and also some good battle in there so very pleased.

Mulumbu and Bassong had their best games for ages. would be a much needed bonus if they can get going. must be irritating having to manage players like pritchard and Wes who are so on and off. our set up looked really boring tonight but we did a proper job on villa.

a hell of a long way to go though before I''m satisfied with how our seasons going. see if they can keep the effort up on Friday.

Dorrans & Pinto were superb tonigh, Pinto covering right across the back needs to be mentioned great defending.

Mulumbu & Dorrans impressed too, but MOM for me was Oliviera, what a way to lead the line and great goal.

Re the penalty incident - I was sat in the N&P so had a terrible view but the player went down far too easy. Also, for some reason the ref seemed to be looking towards his linesman and seemed to miss the whole incident?

Less said about tonight''s ref the better to be fair...