Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Portuguese Men of War

Excellent performances from Pinto and Oliveira tonight. Pinto rapidly becoming a cult hero and Oliveira making it 3 goals in 3 games with a great finish.

Keep it up you pair of Portu - geezers!!

Must say Oliveira is starting to look a potential steal. I don''t think Jerome deserved to be dropped but Oliveira is certainly going to make it hard for him to get his place back. Looks a class player.

I''m glad somebody has mentioned Pinto.

Yes, Oliviera will get the credit as he scored the winning goal but my god Pinto was good. He was popping up everywhere and almost all good play seemed to go through him

As for Oliviera, listening to him after the game he sounds like an intelligent guy - speaking about he looked up, saw the defender between him and the keeper blocking the keepers view so knew if he hit the corner he would score. 3 in 3 and looks like a completely different type of player to Jerome - both in the same team would be frightening

I love Pinto and thought he had a great game overall. The passion he has is clear to see and he always gives his all...

But...

The clumsy tackle at the end could easily have been given as a pen. Luckily it looked like the ref was too busy looking over at the linesman to check offside and not watching play. That being said, it wasn''t a pen and the right decision was made however it came about. It was just a shame that Pinto gave the player the opportunity to go down, because he should have known from the rest of the game the Villa players had been falling over all over the place (they just hadn''t been in the penalty area until then!).

"A nice change from jellyfish."

Strictly speaking it''s not a jellyfish, but a siphonophore - that''s one for all the taxonomy pedants out there.

Apples