Sign in to follow this  
Rustyboy

Well done the Barclay

As a Snakepit regular I think praise must go to the Barclay.

I think they raised the players in the second half last night rather than the players raising the crowd and changing the words of green yellow army was a masterstroke.

I thought as a stand we did really rally behind the players.

I do think replacing Alex Neil in the chant made a big difference as those not in support of AN then joined in, made a big difference.

We thought it was extremely quiet in the first half, what set the atmosphere off in the 2nd half? There didn''t seem to be a catalyst for it. Did Bernie Patterson turn up late?

Re Bernie P, I was too young to be a ''Barclay boot boy'' (first game was v Arsenal in early 70s aged 6-ish). But his reputation preceded him...

Can''t do the link but looked him up as I was sure there would be a thread on here about the Barclay in the 70s... you forget how scary it could be to go to the football back then.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/4/2645584/ShowPost.aspx#2645584

Cheers for the link Woodman. Enjoyed reading Rudolph''s post, I must have been stood next to him on all those occasions, and just never realised it!

I think there was a player spark, around 5 minutes into the second half mulumbu stormed a couple of tackles, and shortly after had a shot; that was when the crowd sensed a win was on and finally sprung into life

The players reacted to that, with the brady miss and the glorious winner, both within 5-10 mins of the first committed OTBC for a while.

It does indeed show what a little support rather than booing a players name can do.

[quote user="Rustyboy"]As a Snakepit regular I think praise must go to the Barclay.

I think they raised the players in the second half last night rather than the players raising the crowd and changing the words of green yellow army was a masterstroke.[/quote]Oh and "We''re the Barclay, we''re the Barclay, we''re the Barclay over here".