Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Team for Huddersfield

Yeah, I thought the rumour had legs until I realised that Klose is often on the bench. Would make even less sense if the rumour were true to have him as defensive cover - 2m for a sub!

[quote user="hogesar"]Yeah, I thought the rumour had legs until I realised that Klose is often on the bench. Would make even less sense if the rumour were true to have him as defensive cover - 2m for a sub![/quote]He also played in the Checkatrade trophy.Lol, think about it guys...

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]that trophy doesn''t count as senior apps though and the rumour was starting apps as well.[/quote]Correct.But it would still be an odd thing to do.

Klose was widely touted with a move away from us when we were relegated. The club said they wanted him to stay, and he said he wanted to stay.Why on earth would this decision have been reached if we knew we could only play him so many times?

Conspiracy theory time.

Is it a case of us having to pay Wolfsburg the extra money if he hits a certain amount of appearances . If Klose has made it clear that he wants out in January, we are not playing him as we would have to pay Wolfsburg 2mil just for 2 or 3 more games before he leaves?

No evidence, may be rubbish, just thinking why he is not playing

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Did anyone on this thread order a spoon?[/quote]I''m trolling Lincoln a little, he wished that I fall in the Wensum and drown last night.[:)][/quote]

*and drown....... I never said that.[/quote][:)]You''re no stranger to wishing me harm though Lincoln, remember this?[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Lincoln_zpspgbvujjm.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Lincoln_zpspgbvujjm.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Howson might be rested. Just back from injury and the games are coming thick and fast. He looked a bit leggy last night.[/quote]So we lose 6 on the trot without him, win 2 out of 3 when he comes back and now people think he "might be rested" and he "looked a bit leggy"Madness[/quote]

Might seem madness, but 3 games in 6 days is a lot for a player who has been out injured for 6 weeks. Wouldn''t you agree?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I don''t, but thanks for reminding me. I enjoyed reading that.

Still, the fact remains I didn''t wish you to drown, as you said. So once again, you''re wrong.

Anyway I''m not engaging in insult tennis with you. It was boring 5 years ago.[/quote]Yes you are.At least you''re consistent though....

Lincoln, I agree with your sentiment about dropping Jacob Murphy. I feel that last night''s 2nd half, was his best period for quite some while (yes, I get the irony in that is the most current piece of play) but is it time to play the three behind Oliveira, without an out an out winger? After all , Murphy does drift down the channel, that is directly between the opposite posts of each goal, a lot.

How many times does he actually ''do'' his full back on the outside, for pace/strength/guile, and get a cross in?

Is it time to play a 3 from Pritchard/Naisy/Wes/Howson/Brady, who have the nous, and no little skill, to unlock a pass for Nelson, or manufacture themselves a shooting opportunity? They can drift wide if needed (a la Murphy) or have the trickery to play in the 10 role.

What I cannot agree with you, is about Howson last night. He was pressing in the last couple of minutes, like it was the first 10 minutes, and had a consistent game (of that) throughout the 90 minutes.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Lincoln, I agree with your sentiment about dropping Jacob Murphy. I feel that last night''s 2nd half, was his best period for quite some while (yes, I get the irony in that is the most current piece of play) but is it time to play the three behind Oliveira, without an out an out winger? After all , Murphy does drift down the channel, that is directly between the opposite posts of each goal, a lot.

How many times does he actually ''do'' his full back on the outside, for pace/strength/guile, and get a cross in?

Is it time to play a 3 from Pritchard/Naisy/Wes/Howson/Brady, who have the nous, and no little skill, to unlock a pass for Nelson, or manufacture themselves a shooting opportunity? They can drift wide if needed (a la Murphy) or have the trickery to play in the 10 role.

What I cannot agree with you, is about Howson last night. He was pressing in the last couple of minutes, like it was the first 10 minutes, and had a consistent game (of that) throughout the 90 minutes.[/quote]

yeah he was still pressing, I just thought he looked knackered. Howson is probably the fittest player at the club and you don''t often see him looking tired. 3 games in 6 days is a lot for any player coming back from injury. If he is fit then no problem, he''s first on the team sheet. I just wouldn''t be surprised if he didn''t start against Huddersfield.

I''m not so sure if it is the amount of games played but the efoort they were putting in last night.Time and time again I watched City players close down a Villa player when the ball wasn''t in full control. They worked their socks of last night and that was the cause.Also I tend to agree with crabby re Murphy. Great player but maybe a bit ''lightweight'' at the moment. Pinto was doing a cracking job down the wing, and will continue to do so. Howson Dorrans, Mulumbu and  Brady looked ''meaty'' enough to battle it out, with Naismith certainly able to add a bit of muscle as back up, as with Tettey when he came on.I think this is the lesson that AN has learnt. This league is tough, and can be very physical which has left us rather short previously.Hopefully that has now been taken on board.