Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Team for Huddersfield

Got to be the same again hasn''t it assuming everybody is fit?

Maybe some changes on the bench with possibly Pritchard, Josh Murphy, Jerome and Thompson (if fit) coming back into the squad.

Klose has been off form. No great mystery. Benno, Bassong and Ruddy have let in 2 goals in the last 3 games. In comparison to a combination of the others with McGovern prior

Let''s not forget, it''s only three days later and today''s modern footballer cannot that many games. (Although Brian Clough''s Forest won the league and Europe with only 18 players) 

I would only change what''s necessary assuming everyone came through unscathed.

The only thing I might consider changing would be to push Howson to the right and bring one of either Hoolahan/Naismith/Pritchard back into the middle as I thought Murphy wasn''t so good against Villa.

That said, the point is he is a dangerous outlet so I''d probably keep things as is under the philosophy of not changing a winning side where possible.

Tinkerman will probably tinkle though, it''s in his nature.

Mulumbu Dorrans in the middle looked good. Mulumbu''s work rate and interceptions mixed with Dorrans excellent possession retention and use of the ball worked for us.

Howson doesn''t deserve to be dropped so therefore has to find a place either in the middle or on the right of the 3. I''d be tempted to put him right and have Wes or Pritchard in the middle with Brady on the left, but it would be very harsh on Jacob.

[quote user="hogesar"]Mulumbu Dorrans in the middle looked good. Mulumbu''s work rate and interceptions mixed with Dorrans excellent possession retention and use of the ball worked for us.

Howson doesn''t deserve to be dropped so therefore has to find a place either in the middle or on the right of the 3. I''d be tempted to put him right and have Wes or Pritchard in the middle with Brady on the left, but it would be very harsh on Jacob.[/quote]Downside of Mulumbu''s resurgence is that we will probably lose him to the African cup of nations in January[:(]

[quote user="morty"]So have you dropped Wes, and Pritchard is now your special favourite?[:D][/quote]

What can i say, I love watching special players play for Norwich. Finally, in Pritchard we have a player capable of filling Hoolahans boots.

Remember when you and many others branded Hoolahan lighweight and not good enough? Don''t show the same naivety again towards Pritchard will you.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]So have you dropped Wes, and Pritchard is now your special favourite?[:D][/quote]

What can i say, I love watching special players play for Norwich. Finally, in Pritchard we have a player capable of filling Hoolahans boots.

Remember when you and many others branded Hoolahan lighweight and not good enough? Don''t show the same naivety again towards Pritchard will you.[/quote]Have you told Wes he''s not your special favourite any more?[:(]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]So have you dropped Wes, and Pritchard is now your special favourite?[:D][/quote]

Remember when you and many others branded Hoolahan lighweight and not good enough? Don''t show the same naivety again towards Pritchard will you.[/quote]Have you told Wes he''s not your special favourite any more?[:(][/quote]

Do you remember being wrong about Hoolahan though?

That was quite amusing.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]So have you dropped Wes, and Pritchard is now your special favourite?[:D][/quote]

Remember when you and many others branded Hoolahan lighweight and not good enough? Don''t show the same naivety again towards Pritchard will you.[/quote]Have you told Wes he''s not your special favourite any more?[:(][/quote]

That was quite amusing.[/quote]So you''re saying Wes shouldn''t start every single game now?Is that what you''re saying?

lincoln canary wrote the following post at 14/12/2016 1:04 PM:

morty wrote:
 lincoln canary wrote:
 morty wrote:
So have you dropped Wes, and Pritchard is now your special favourite?Big Smile [:D]

Remember when you and many others branded Hoolahan lighweight and not good enough? Don''t show the same naivety again towards Pritchard will you.
Have you told Wes he''s not your special favourite any more?Sad [:(]

That was quite amusing.

He''s got a short memory

Come on Morty give the winding up a break. This is why most threads turn out to be a 3 page b*itch fest. I don''t have any issues with you personally, I''m just tired of scrolling through your endless debates about nonsense.

Ruddy

Pinto Bennett Bassong Olsson

Jarvis Mulumbu Dorrans Brady

Howson

Oliviera.

I just feel like Jacob ins''t producing his best form at the minute, although I feel it would be harsh to drop him. I''m not sure how ''match fit'' Jarvis is, but he or Jacobs brother would be the ideal replacement if Alex feels like he needed a bit of time out.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Why can''t we all agree that Wes has been a very good player for us for a number of years.[/quote]Completely agree.We should also agree though that he has games when he doesn''t show up, and is rightly dropped too.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Did anyone on this thread order a spoon?[/quote]I''m trolling Lincoln a little, he wished that I fall in the Wensum and drown last night.[:)]

If we have learned anything from the Brentford win it is surely that we should not keep with a winning team because "they didnt deserve to be dropped" or "dont change a winning team"

Huddersfield are a more aggressive version of us, like to pass the ball and attack down the wings, single striker but do take a more physical approach.

And while the performance, and win, was encouraging it wasnt without flaws. The main area that didnt quite work for me was the creativity from Brady, Howson & Jacob, too often play slowed, on the very rare occassion the ball was moved quickly we caused problems but that was the exception rather than the norm. We know that they CAN do it, but confidence means we are not seeing it enough.

I do think this is time for Jacob to go to the bench, move howson right and bring in either pritchard or more likely naismith.

Thats what I would do; I will be surprised if the manager makes any changes, after all I am only tinkering around the edges.

I think he should read some sort of scouting report on the opposing team, and pick accordingly.[:)]

For wes I would disagree that wes has games where he doesnt turn up - he always gets involved.

For me what he does have is more games where it simply doesnt work for him, sloppier touch, more mis placed passes, more easily dispossessed or simply physically ineffective.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Howson might be rested. Just back from injury and the games are coming thick and fast. He looked a bit leggy last night.[/quote]So we lose 6 on the trot without him, win 2 out of 3 when he comes back and now people think he "might be rested" and he "looked a bit leggy"Madness

[quote user="ZLF"]For wes I would disagree that wes has games where he doesnt turn up - he always gets involved.

For me what he does have is more games where it simply doesnt work for him, sloppier touch, more mis placed passes, more easily dispossessed or simply physically ineffective.[/quote]Potato/potato.I just used the phrase "Doesn''t turn up" to encompass the things you mentioned.

Rogue Baboon wrote the following post at 2016-12-14 2:59 PM:

Should pick itself this time, especially as its at home - although I still cannot understand the Klose issue

Think (starting) appearances and a further 2m fee to be paid to Wolfsburg! Don''t think he will make it and City having to pay up before January transfer window!

[quote user="City 2nd"]Rogue Baboon wrote the following post at 2016-12-14 2:59 PM:

Should pick itself this time, especially as its at home - although I still cannot understand the Klose issue

Think (starting) appearances and a further 2m fee to be paid to Wolfsburg! Don''t think he will make it and City having to pay up before January transfer window![/quote]Rubbish. Stupid rumour started by a daft lad on twitter.