Sign in to follow this  
morty

Another one bites the dust...

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]So they had decided to replace Rowett, spoke to Zola and arranged for him to take over before sacking Rowett

At what point was Rowett told of this?

Looking around, it seems the players are furious[/quote]If Rowett and Zola were both available, I know which one I''d rather have...

"with Blues'' ambition to "move in a new direction".Perhaps they can now change their shirt colour to red and change the name to something more upbeat that suggests moving forward (but still sticking close their roots)Brummm Brummm, perhaps

I will respond on this thread rather than the other two. But are we not underestimating Birmingham here, foreign owners or not? Surely the best time to make a decision on getting a new manager is not when your team have slipped down the table and you''re on your ars* but have a great opportunity to progress. With new ideas and good potential in the playing team? Also the new bloke gets the chance to prepare for the final push in the January window plus a chance to look at his resources beforehand. So you could say that this is forward and progressive thinking rather than a ridiculous one. Some clubs have progressive boards. It will be interesting to see what happens to them.

[quote user="sonyc"]I will respond on this thread rather than the other two. But are we not underestimating Birmingham here, foreign owners or not? Surely the best time to make a decision on getting a new manager is not when your team have slipped down the table and you''re on your ars* but have a great opportunity to progress. With new ideas and good potential in the playing team? Also the new bloke gets the chance to prepare for the final push in the January window plus a chance to look at his resources beforehand. So you could say that this is forward and progressive thinking rather than a ridiculous one. Some clubs have progressive boards. It will be interesting to see what happens to them.[/quote]I have to say though, Zola is a choice that I think they have made because they have heard of him. His managerial record isn''t great.

Is it definitely Zola then? Not read anything have to admit. Just catching up on news now

[quote user="sonyc"]Is it definitely Zola then? Not read anything have to admit. Just catching up on news now[/quote]Aye they appointed him.

Haha. Just read all about it. Pinkun forum is my go to place for news before anything else😊

Not especially impressed with Zola but this move so obviously lined up long while ago. But at least it shows some kind of ambition..... but conversely it may also backfire of course. Interesting to watch. Birmingham hav not been in bad form.

[quote user="sonyc"]I will respond on this thread rather than the other two. But are we not underestimating Birmingham here, foreign owners or not? Surely the best time to make a decision on getting a new manager is not when your team have slipped down the table and you''re on your ars* but have a great opportunity to progress. With new ideas and good potential in the playing team? Also the new bloke gets the chance to prepare for the final push in the January window plus a chance to look at his resources beforehand. So you could say that this is forward and progressive thinking rather than a ridiculous one. Some clubs have progressive boards. It will be interesting to see what happens to them.[/quote]I can think of many words but progessive would not be one of them. Unless you would call jumping off the end of Worthing Pier dressed as bird... progress.Along with Rowett''s departure go four coaches which rather knocks continuity and stability out of the ring.Zola has been out of English football for three years and will now have assemble a back room team very quickly. And with the next games against in form teams Brighton/Derby it is not probably not the best time '' to look at his resources beforehand''. More so as this will have to be done over the Xmas period.So unless there are other reasons that have not come to light so far this smacks of extreme short termism, and almost plain stupidity.

But it IS progressive Dan isn''t it? As I''ve said in my other thread it may backfire and I''m not overly impressed with Zola. But they have a plan ahead, they are thinking surely about what is best for the progress of the club...or why do it? They have acted and not when they are 18th or 20th in the League. Of course this view could be discounted if they have been forced, yet the immediate timing of Zola hints strongly otherwise. You and I may agree its not the best course and we may feel they have been disloyal, but you cannot deny they have sat on their hands. Different clubs have different models.

This isn''t ambitious or progressive. It''s chasing a big name, simple as. Rowett did a fantastic job on a limited budget but gets canned for a manager that has failed at pretty much every team he''s managed