Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Daily Star report Rowett sacked because......

Sorry can''t do the link. But they are saying he was sacked as Norwich are interested in taking him if AN gets the sack.

Who know if this is true, but if so may be welcomed by many on here.

Have no idea if this rag gets football reporting correct, but I guess someone out there will know if this could have any mileage,

Why would they sack him because we may be interested, when they could hold off for compensation if things went that way, as unlikely as it seems at the minute

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]Sorry can''t do the link. But they are saying he was sacked as Norwich are interested in taking him if AN gets the sack.

Who know if this is true, but if so may be welcomed by many on here.

Have no idea if this rag gets football reporting correct, but I guess someone out there will know if this could have any mileage,[/quote]The Sun are reporting that he was sacked because he try to sign Brady so he could then sell him to Villa and make a bit of money on the side.But jokes aside it should not be though unlikely that City would be keeping feelers out, as does almost all other clubs. But were this to be true the Brum would have to cough up for the rest of Rowett''s contract where if Norwich wanted him we would have to cough up for the rest of his contract and a bit more besides, most like.Doesn''t seem likely.I think if folk knew how these low grade rags actually worked theymigytatke this as reliable as mystig megs predictions

Its got nothing to do with us or any other club, the official line is that the foreign owners wanted to move the club into a new direction ............ downwards lol

Seriously though Zola was appointed 6 hours after they sacked poor Rowlett so what does that tell you

The thing I see said most about Rowett is that he does well with limited resources.Is he really just a young Mick Mccarthy then?

[quote user="morty"]The thing I see said most about Rowett is that he does well with limited resources.Is he really just a young Mick Mccarthy then?[/quote]but our Mick is not on limited resources as that benign chap Marcus Evan is ''pumping in'' £8m a year to help them outorthat could all be another load of old bollox that the suffolk dimwits still believe

Rowett was sacked the same day as Brum appointed 2 new board members whose stipulation to joining allegedly was that they got in a high profile name as manager. Nothing more to it than that.

You can bet he''ll be on our radar but to be honest I think AN has bought himself some time with the board and even fans, enough for Rowett to find himself a different job in the meantime.

Might be our manager one day but barring a series of catastrophic results over the next 2/3 games I think the timing''s wrong.

Zola now has an impossible job as well. Their fans will likely not warm to him and it''s commonly thought that Rowett was getting the best out of what they had anyway. He''ll get money to spend, but he had money to spend and an extremely enviable scouting/recruitment team working for him at Watford and he only had them floating around the play offs. Madness.