Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Early POTS Contenders

So with our patchy season nearly half way, who would you say are the main Contenders for the award this year? My main 3 Contenders are:

1. Ivo pinto - What an absolute warrior! yes our defence hasn''t been great all round but what an outlet Ivo is and I actually think he has looked good defensively as well despite others failings. Favourite for me. how we missed him recently.

2. Johnny Howson - our most complete player. oozes premiership class and as above we missed him badly while he was out. never really a 10 out of 10 player but always 7 or 8 consistently. I can''t remember his last bad game for us.

3. Jacob Murphy - yes inconsistent still but easily our most effective outlet.

Best of the rest: Olsson, Wes, Olivera, Dorrans. All shown patches but Wes and Olivera have had quiet spells whereas Olsson and Dorrans while consistent haven''t hit the heights of pinto or howson.

Was chatting to my daughter about this at the Villa game at half time.

We came up with much the same list with Jacob just shading it from Ivo at the moment. Way to go yet

At the moment it''s clearly Ivo for me.

Not quite the same but when Pinto is on the ball with a little bit of space in front, I get that little rush of excitement similar to the Hucks days.

Made some great runs on Tuesday, works his socks off and there was that lovely little chip over the defenders legs to beat the man and get a cross in.

Name any player & you could probably recall a few bad performances or mistakes, especially considering the run we have been on, except for one player...

Simply has to be Ivo...and his chant just works...

Jacob - one of our own stepping up and having such an influence is great to see, with Ivo closely behind.

Jonathan Kodija.

Played twice at Carra Rud and his performances have been consistent...ly poor. Therefore helping us to 6 points by not being able to hit a cow''s 4r5e with a banjo and saving us a few bob in the process.

Kyle Lafferty.

Has scored in most of the games he''s started, works hard and prolific at international level.

It''s a shame our clown of a manager is too clueless to pick him.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/1bae09fb2ecdd32e63311526238fb66456ffd699a857396004d37ccf0098303a_zpsziaff562.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/1bae09fb2ecdd32e63311526238fb66456ffd699a857396004d37ccf0098303a_zpsziaff562.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

At this stage of the season it''s a bit tricky. All of them have played very well at times, all of them have been bloody awful at times.

I no particular order of preference, I would pick out Murphy, Dorrans and Pinto as the top 3 so far. Murphy has come out of the blocks well, scoring 6 in 7 games or whatever it was but has dropped off the pace a little coinciding with our bad run of form. He''s performed better the last few weeks though. Dorrans has been great this season so far, and similar to Howson goes unnoticed because he doesn''t do anything particularly fancy, but his ball retention is great and he''s scored a few to boot as well. Pinto is now a fans favourite and that says his all. Scored his first professional goal and must have a few assists to this name now too.

At this point though, a few players are starting to emerge that could go on to shake things up a bit. Oliveira has been great the last few games, if he can keep that up I''ve no doubt he''ll become a firm favourite. Howson back from injury is no coincidence we''ve started to perform better, we''ve missed him. Brady is starting to look more like his normal self as well, and Ruddy has been fairly solid too.