Sign in to follow this  
MasterNagus

Too Nervous

This is a weird season. It''s like the tension of the 120 minutes of the Play Off extended
over a whole nine months.

In all honesty, EVEN in the Birmingham game, I''m not sure I ever truly believed it could
happen! Too many years of supporting City kind of gets you used to let downs and clutching
defeat from the jaws of victory.

Yet, this year, this mad year, I do have a feeling that it could happen, and it''s the first
time I can say that genuinely hand on heart, since relegation.

So why can''t I just enjoy it? I''ve waited for the traditional Christmas slump, and it
didn''t happen. I''ve waited for the traditional sale of the best players, but instead have
seen quality walking into the Club, instead of out. I''ve waited for a promising run to
disintergrate into a run of defeats, and generally, that hasn''t happened.

So why am I so damn nervous about the run in?

Maybe its looking at the fixture list and seeing the next few games - Sheffield Utd, West
Ham, WBA and Scum at home. Rotherham, Coventry, Wimbledon, Sunderland and Cardiff
away. If we can take 9 points (10 or 12 obviously better!) from the home games, and 3 or 4 wins (9-12 points) from the away games, I think we could honestly start thinking about
being home and dry, as on paper at least, there''s nothing too daunting in the last 10
games.

The next few games more than any other hold the key to the season.

Can someone tell me it''s going to be ok?

Please?
from the away games

yes it will be ok an we will go up .And who knows if we can stay up there! I guess if we can bring in enough quality we will do just that!

MasterNagus,
Its only natural that you will be a bit nervous and apprehensive but dont worry,it will be ok.This year will be our year!

Master Post MasterNagus.
Every thing you have said is exactly what is, and has, been building in this silly old mind of mine.
I just can''t help you. I have gone from despair of our board a few months ago viz. '' are they really up to it? I can''t stands no more(Olive!) - after 40 years I''m giving up my season ticket'' to sheer heady delight with my self answer '' bl---y h-ll they really are going for it'' and my total admiration for the board.
All I can say MN is that at last the board have shown some ''go'' and if it doesn''t work out we must be right behind them for showing a bit of guts.
Be assured 1st Wizard and the gang will be in attendance at Carrow Road next year whatever happens and we will keep all those who cannot attend totally informed of our opinions I''m sure, even though we are accused of some weird things. I think right wing Suffolk politics seems to be a common thread but where oh where that comes from I simply cannot think!!!
Enjoy these interesting times and I look forward to your further good old footy passionate posts.

MasterNagus, some may tell you it''s going to be okay but, obviously, nobody can assure you that it will be. I sense from the message board that a lot of supporters feel exactly the same way as you....looking ahead at the games we need to take points from and trying to will us to the end of the season and the Premiership. I think that is a recipe for maximizing the nervousness and minimizing the result. A better approach for all football fans as in life, tough as it is, is to think less about the joy of the destination and more about the thrill of the journey. Worthy''s job is to get the players focused on only one game at a time...no small task. As good as the Norwich supporters are, they can probably do better ( judging by some comments re the Bradford game ) and every individual supporter should take Worthy''s lead and go to Carrow Road for each single match determined to be as loud and supportive as possible from the beginning to the end of the match. The away fans appear to be doing an excellent job by all accounts. If the players and the fans give maximum effort through the journey then everybody can still hold their head high whatever the outcome. Enjoy the journey!

Master Nagus, Whilst I agree with most, if not all, of your thoughts, and superb post I do not agree with your view on quality walking in. OK, Hucks is a God, but he cannot beat teams on his own, but then what. Neon Leon, is I feel a flash in the pan from a lower division. Svensson has not been here long enough to describe him as quality surely. And don''t forget Mark Rivers is still here.

And then of course there''s the Derby game, very very lucky to win that, and Watford and Bradford made a right old mockery of our supposed ability.

So I''m afraid, yes I''m still worried that we''ll mess it up some where down the line, simply because we always do. It''ll be very interesting to see what happens at Rotherham today, lose that, and the brown stuff will really hit the fan.

And another very worrying thing is, I''m nearly in agreement with Yankee Canary, so be afraid, be very afraid!.