Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Time to focus on play offs.

As I have said before top six and play offs is within reach of this squad. Alex needs his players to remember they have done it before and they can do it again.With players coming back it is starting to look good again.

[quote user="mr footy"]As I have said before top six and play offs is within reach of this squad. Alex needs his players to remember they have done it before and they can do it again.With players coming back it is starting to look good again.[/quote]err, how can the cub focus on the play offs and not an automatic spot (either place)surely they are out to get as many points as possibleand then see where they get

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Top two looks pretty well set barring a derby style end of season implosion. Top 6 is a realistic aspiration for about a dozen clubs[/quote]

Teams always maintain their form throughout a season. I''ve already written this season off.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Top two looks pretty well set barring a derby style end of season implosion. Top 6 is a realistic aspiration for about a dozen clubs[/quote]Not truethe season we first went up to the PL at this stage we were 6th,  Leeds and Coventry were above usneither made the playoffs with Coventry acatually dropping down to 19th place at the endthe two who did make it into the play offs were Forest and reading (14th/15th)Reading in fact took another 50 points to put them on 77were we to do the same we would finish on 83 points one less than we went up in 2nd placeso there is still all to play for

Surely we just focus on winning our games and the rest takes care of itself?

We can''t say the top 2 are gone because somebody might implode, we can''t say focus on the playoffs as other teams will go on a massive run

As soon as we say we are aiming for this or that we will start to slip up

[quote user="Dan Dare"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Top two looks pretty well set barring a derby style end of season implosion. Top 6 is a realistic aspiration for about a dozen clubs[/quote]Not truethe season we first went up to the PL at this stage we were 6th,  Leeds and Coventry were above usneither made the playoffs with Coventry acatually dropping down to 19th place at the endthe two who did make it into the play offs were Forest and reading (14th/15th)Reading in fact took another 50 points to put them on 77were we to do the same we would finish on 83 points one less than we went up in 2nd placeso there is still all to play for[/quote]

To be accurate, and I''m sure most of the post is:

"the season we first went up to the PL" was 2003-4.

"the season we first went up to the PL" was 2003-4

Much will depend on who and how much they reinvest from the extremely likely sales of Olsson, Brady, Klose and possibly Naismith. However...

Internally, Norwich do not expect promotion this year and I can see a net profit in the January window. The club are already making internal ''cost effective measures'' and restructuring, which I believe is a nod to their prolonged comfort zone of The Championship where they are likely to stay for some time. I don''t buy the ''Promotion, Promotion'' mantra at all. Pity.

So why weren''t those players sold in the summer?

Cost effective measures & restructuring?

Which companies would not do these when dealing with a huge drop in revenue?

From what I''m hearing at the club, it will be turned into a Championship comfort zone. The club is not willing to ''do the necessary'' to fight for the PL due to the limited resources the club has available and as the club is ''not for sale'' it will be a comfortable Championship club. That''s not to say NCFC won''t go up, just that they won''t chase it, so it is highly unlikely.

[quote user="hogesar"]You''re a f*cking idiot. Even by PinkUn standards, you''re a f*cking idiot.[/quote]

Keep dreaming.

A win tonight and back up to 4th. One of the top two will slip up yet, both have shown signs of inconsistency albeit much less than us, but automatic promotion finish should remain the goal. I enjoyed the day out at Wembley, but we can get up without if we all pull together.

Not sure how you can actually focus on the play-offs.Surely we just need to focus on the next game rather than trying to focus on something that is still 5 or 6 months away and can only be achieved one step at a time.I''m sure Leicester weren''t focusing on winning the PL, or being in the top 6 at the end of the season, last Christmas.

We''re under halfway through the season, anything could happen between now and May, so we''ve just got to keep winning games. Our collapse could still yet happen to Newcastle or Brighton. I agree, the table, stats etc. do point to them being odds on 1st and 2nd, but we should be more than good enough to be in the top 6 at the end of the season. But we''ve still got to make sure this poor run of form is behind us with another win tonight.

[quote user="komakino"][quote user="hogesar"]You''re a f*cking idiot. Even by PinkUn standards, you''re a f*cking idiot.[/quote]

Keep dreaming.[/quote]
The board "Everyone. We have no intention of getting promoted. We can''t afford it this season. We need to balance the books"
AN "Errrr...so I can''t buy any new players?"
The board "Correct. Well, actually, no, you can spend 8 million on Pritchard if you like, 3 million on Canos and that''s just for starters"
AN "That doesn''t quite add up..."
The board "Oh, so you''re a mathematician now are you Alex? Maybe you can answer me this... 4-2-3-1 equals?!"
AN "Well, ten..."
The board "LOSING ALEX. IT EQUALS LOSING!"
AN "Well i''m guessing we need to offload our big earners then if we have no intention of getting promoted. We''ve been offered 15 million for Brady, 12 Million for Klo..."
The board "No, you can keep all of them."
AN "This is really starting to sound like a promotion push..."
The board "Oh, so now you can read minds Alex? Sometimes your arrogance has no bounds. Now go guarantee us a top 6 finish"
AN "Ehhh...Ok"

[quote user="Dan Dare"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Top two looks pretty well set barring a derby style end of season implosion. Top 6 is a realistic aspiration for about a dozen clubs[/quote]Not truethe season we first went up to the PL at this stage we were 6th,  Leeds and Coventry were above usneither made the playoffs with Coventry acatually dropping down to 19th place at the endthe two who did make it into the play offs were Forest and reading (14th/15th)Reading in fact took another 50 points to put them on 77were we to do the same we would finish on 83 points one less than we went up in 2nd placeso there is still all to play for[/quote]
Except you are ignoring the gap in points, back in 10/11 we were only 4 points behind 2nd, today we are 12 points off second.