Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Well done, Rio

Massive new respect for Rio for doing this, something that he hasn''t had to do, and not seemingly no other mega-rich ex-footballers are doing. To the people finding negatives, I''m sure if you can remember the delight of getting toys for Christmas as a kid, you would see why he has done this.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Massive new respect for Rio for doing this, something that he hasn''t had to do, and not seemingly no other mega-rich ex-footballers are doing. To the people finding negatives, I''m sure if you can remember the delight of getting toys for Christmas as a kid, you would see why he has done this.[/quote]

Great from Rio, as sometimes seeing someone with money giving large amounts to charity can set a good example, but a lot of people give charity anonymously, quietly and in their own way, so it doesn''t mean others aren''t giving lots to charity too.  

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Massive new respect for Rio for doing this, something that he hasn''t had to do, and not seemingly no other mega-rich ex-footballers are doing. To the people finding negatives, I''m sure if you can remember the delight of getting toys for Christmas as a kid, you would see why he has done this.[/quote]

Our own Craig Bellamy has put over a miilion pounds of his own money into a foundation in Sierra Leone, a war torn country where many young men die early.

Good on him.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]Massive new respect for Rio for doing this, something that he hasn''t had to do, and not seemingly no other mega-rich ex-footballers are doing. To the people finding negatives, I''m sure if you can remember the delight of getting toys for Christmas as a kid, you would see why he has done this.[/quote]

Our own Craig Bellamy has put over a miilion pounds of his own money into a foundation in Sierra Leone, a war torn country where many young men die early.

Good on him.[/quote]

Like I said - "seemingly"