Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Well done, Rio

[quote user="Indy"]If more companies were allowed to or followed the likes of Pret A Manger and dispense the food not sold to the homeless and those in need there would be a fair few less hungry people out there. Thanks to the PC doo gooders out of date food which is fit for consumption still has to be thrown away.

Maybe ELF you can cast your mind to champion this rather than moan at Rio for doing something fantastic.[/quote]Probably the stupidest comment I have read on here in a very, very very long timeYou are a complete idiot

Jesus Christ, for someone called ELF you dont half lack Xmas spirit...

You just peeved because you had to work overtime making all these presents?

Dan Dare wrote the following post at 15 Dec 2016 8:23 PM:

You have no knowledge of to whom these toys will be going to, or the how they live.

You also presume that no one else on here is aware of the world''s inequalities, or that charities are not the real answer.

But this gesture is not saying it is the answer, merely that for one specific purpose this might help.

I don''t see him wandering about Africa, or standing behind some huge cheque.

Just wanting to help, yes it might be misplaced, yes there are one hundred other ways that money could be spent.

But there''ll be more than a hundred kids who''ll have at least one present they would otherwise not have

Now grow up and stop being silly

I don''t really care about the vitriol being spouted on here but don''t tell me to grow up. Only an imbecile would rate ''a toy'' as a top priority for the sound learning capabilities and health of a child, especially one who lives below the poverty line.

"Alison Garnham, chief executive of the Child Poverty Action Group, said: “No one should be unable to feed themselves or their children in Britain today. To have 8.4 million people unable to eat properly shows the urgency of tackling poverty in the UK.” (https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/may/06/more-than-8-million-in-uk-struggle-to-put-food-on-table-survey-says)

I find the whole notion of ''christmas'' to be absurd. As seen on this thread, the poor mean nothing to lots of people. It''s all about demeaning and patronising behaviour, so typically grown-up traits at this time.

I''m sure plenty of other charities have the food angle covered.But hey, keep sneering anyway[Y]

Can''t believe you took his bait ELF, Dan Dickhead is only trying to fish........

Now don''t bite, your point is justified in general just not aimed at a guy who has just donated a huge amount for the children.

An imbecile or perhaps a kid that just wanted a present for Xmas, something to take their mind off the fact that they''ve got no parents or something. You know, enjoy themselves for one day.

Anyway, who fancies popping round ELFs for Xmas?

No doubt it will be a free for all for smackhead tramps, who, by the way, despite being homeless and potless would rather have another armful of brown than any plate of food you or any other miserable tit could serve up.

morty wrote the following post at 15 Dec 2016 9:14 PM:

But hey, keep sneering anyway

WT F are you on about?

[quote user="Indy"]Can''t believe you took his bait ELF, Dan Dickhead is only trying to fish........

Now don''t bite, your point is justified in general just not aimed at a guy who has just donated a huge amount for the children.[/quote]This from the cretin who blamed ''PC do gooders'' for food waste'' ! ! !What next, " it''s them there liberals and their tolerant ways that cause so much book burning" ?

Indy wrote the following post at 15 Dec 2016 9:15 PM:

Can''t believe you took his bait ELF, Dan Dickhead is only trying to fish........

Now don''t bite, your point is justified in general just not aimed at a guy who has just donated a huge amount for the children.

So now my point is justified. As for BOR, he made some points but I took offence to his last one.

Of course you have a point on poverty and hunger in a civilised world, but this is an individual who has targeted a specific cause and done something fantastic, he should be commended for it!

Like it said Pret A Manger send out food vans to collect the left over food from their shops to issue to homeless shelters, great to see some companies giving to those in need.

Shame that major food outlets are restricted in this practise due to duty of care imposed by the EU PC do gooders.

He also donated 11,500 sleeping bags to the homeless.Shouldn''t he have done that either?

[quote user="morty"]He also donated 11,500 sleeping bags to the homeless.Shouldn''t he have done that either?[/quote]

The idiot.

Doesn''t he realise people are hungry?

[quote user="hogesar"]No Morty. f*ck sleep and happiness, where''s the Haribo?[/quote]I accept your point about Haribo.

morty wrote the following post at 15 Dec 2016 9:37 PM:

He also donated 11,500 sleeping bags to the homeless.

Shouldn''t he have done that either?

Are you thick? I think that sleeping bags for those sleeping rough is brilliant. That''s meaningful because it''s about life or death at this time. Are you suggesting that toys have the same impact?

[quote user="E.L.F."]morty wrote the following post at 15 Dec 2016 9:37 PM:

Are you thick? I think that sleeping bags for those sleeping rough is brilliant. That''s meaningful because it''s about life or death at this time. Are you suggesting that toys have the same impact?[/quote]Are you thicker?Is anyone in Britain dying from starvation?

[quote user="E.L.F."]morty wrote the following post at 15 Dec 2016 9:37 PM:

Are you thick? I think that sleeping bags for those sleeping rough is brilliant. That''s meaningful because it''s about life or death at this time. Are you suggesting that toys have the same impact?[/quote]Or instead of whining out your sanctimonious shyte why not tell us why you seem to thing it''s ok to be homeless as long as they get their complimentary sleeping bag

[quote user="E.L.F."]I''m sitting here at home right now.[/quote]and a place of boundless joy that must be

Dan Dare wrote the following post at 15 Dec 2016 9:52 PM:

Or instead of whining out your sanctimonious shyte why not tell us why you seem to thing it''s ok to be homeless as long as they get their complimentary sleeping bag

Where did I say that? Better yet, how did you interpret what I said to ask that? Just Wow

Dan Dare wrote the following post at 15 Dec 2016 9:55 PM:

and a place of boundless joy that must be

Oh the humanity!

morty wrote the following post at 15 Dec 2016 9:48 PM:

Are you thicker?

Is anyone in Britain dying from starvation?

Yes, people can starve in benefit-sanctions Britain

(https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/08/starve-benefit-sanctions-unemployed-hungry-government)

The article is over 2 years old, hopefully you''ll get the gist of the overall picture.

The question was "Is anyone dying from starvation in Britain?"And the answer is "No"Rio has done something selfless and lovely, it deserves no criticism or lecturing about what he should have done instead.

Winds me up as much as anyone the ridiculous disparity between the have, have not and have nothings in this country and this sickeningly detestable government that actively, purposefully punishes and marginalizes the unfortunate . But what''s it got to do with Rio making a few unfortunate kid''s Christmas better?

morty wrote the following post at 15 Dec 2016 10:16 PM:

The question was "Is anyone dying from starvation in Britain?"

And the answer is "No"

Actually, the answer is "Yes".

Britain’s benefits sanctions: ‘My brother’s gone. We can’t bring him back, but we can’t let this go on’

(https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/dec/17/benefits-sanctions-gill-thompson-cathie-wood-vulnerable-claimants)

People starving to death in the UK – on David Cameron’s doorstep

(https://tompride.wordpress.com/2014/11/23/people-starving-to-death-in-the-uk-on-david-camerons-doorstep/)