Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Season Ticket Holders Focus Group Meeting

I really hope there''s not a lot of time wasted on this buy back malarkey. Season tickets used to be for people who wanted to go every game. If we were Ill or couldn''t go we just gave it to a friend or relative. If people only want to go to some games maybe casual tickets is the answer?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I really hope there''s not a lot of time wasted on this buy back malarkey. Season tickets used to be for people who wanted to go every game. If we were Ill or couldn''t go we just gave it to a friend or relative. If people only want to go to some games maybe casual tickets is the answer?[/quote]Steady on, nutty. That is a major income stream for me...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I really hope there''s not a lot of time wasted on this buy back malarkey. Season tickets used to be for people who wanted to go every game. If we were Ill or couldn''t go we just gave it to a friend or relative. If people only want to go to some games maybe casual tickets is the answer?[/quote]Steady on, nutty. That is a major income stream for me...[/quote]
It''s just awful really. Whatever Tilly and Crabby come up with someone will feel the collateral damage. Thank the Lord it isn''t me....

For clarification purposes, I am not actually going. 3 trips to the Fine City, in 4 nights , for footballing reasons, doesn''t quite put food in the mouths of the younger Crabbys.

Got the email. I was number 18,976. That''s how much they think of me!

Anyway, I''m campaigning to get this ridiculous buy back knocked on the head. Casual tickets are for casual fans.

Sorry Purple😳

Oh and Trevor Hockey for the Hall Of Fame.

The representatives from The Stracey will push for a small charge being paid for blankets on a match by match basis.The laundry bill must be horrendous to have them cleaned after '' accidents '' due to the excitement created during a game.

We have to supply and launder our own blankets. There could be a saving if cuts were made to the yellow polythene capes we are issued when there''s likey to be 6 inches of rain. But we''re a tough lot and could cope if we had to. Prawn sandwich brigade wouldnt handle it though. Even cheese and pickle sarnies get soggy in the blankets...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]We have to supply and launder our own blankets.[/quote]So they are yours to use on an individual basis then ? Would you like us to see if the club will introduce a buy back scheme at the end of the season ?

No. Season blankets are for supporters who want to go every game. Casual supporters should only have casual blankets. Same with the rainwear...

Will the blankets be represented at this meeting then because if not is there any questions you want raised by us ?

thisis what some of our more elderly fans should be issued withnot only warm, but affords for the ability to fit a colostemy bag or similar device for those with ... ahem, Gentlemens toilet requirementswhich I have heard can be supplied to ladies for only a tenner

however I am at the moment designing a canary onesie (or a twosie for some of our more gutbucketted fans)which sadly won''t be in the shops for Xmas due to some chap called Colin Wright, or something

We don''t need to be represented. I got the email but we have our very own representative to look after all our needs. We even have special security guards that send the selfish early leavers back from whence they came. Life in the blankets is utopia even though a very damp and cold utopia.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]We don''t need to be represented. I got the email but we have our very own representative to look after all our needs. We even have special security guards that send the selfish early leavers back from whence they came. Life in the blankets is utopia even though a very damp and cold utopia.[/quote]Yeah i know but Stephen Graham has his own motives. [;)]

They were still inviting people Tues evening so guess they haven''t for their 40 people for the two sessions yet.

[quote user="Diane"]They were still inviting people Tues evening so guess they haven''t for their 40 people for the two sessions yet.[/quote]The Stracey representatives will report back on the topics raised my Little Angel.

The Club should double the price for women supporters. They don''t understand football and ask annoying questions during goalmouth action - like why isn''t there a roof over the stadium?

SwindonCanary wrote the following post at 15/12/2016 12:27 PM:

I can''t make it midweek so can I request that someone posts a full report on the meeting, please.

As a matter of interest Swindon, did you get an invite? I''ve spoken to a few "out of area" ST holders (which includes me) and no invites received, which I guessed is down to the club assuming people aint going to travel for this? Based on postcode?

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 15/12/2016 12:55 PM:

Indeed Beardo. They may even get away with calling the increase "Tilly Tax".....

that sounds like something you would nail the felt down with on your shed roof.

Crabbycanary3 wrote the following post at 15/12/2016 1:59 PM:

Not so GPB, as I live a fair distance, and there will be 100''s of ST holders who live a lot closer than I

Thanks Crabby. Bang goes that theory. Perhaps they just don''t like me .

(I do have an IP postcode though. Perhaps the NCFC computer cant bring itself to select me!)

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]The Club should double the price for women supporters. They don''t understand football and ask annoying questions during goalmouth action - like why isn''t there a roof over the stadium?[/quote]I can remember when there was only one stand with a roofand women knew their place, as well

........ you can''t get a decent cup of tea like that know

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Matt Juler"]I''d like to see some sort of real time information on Buyback credits online. Living 150 miles away from Norwich and with a young family I struggle to get back to midweek games (missing both Villa and Huddersfield this week) and can''t always find someone who wants my ticket.

When I use the Buyback scheme there is nothing to tell me online whether or not the ticket has sold and I''ve often found the end of season balance on the renewal to be a little lower than expected (not that I''ve ever queried it with the club).[/quote]The Buyback scheme is a bit of a farce Matt.The club only seems to credit you if the game is a sell-out. I wouldn''t be surprised if they sometimes sell a particularly good seat but because there''s others available you won''t get a credit. Someone I know has on occasions discovered that his seat right on the halfway line in the Jarrold Stand was occupied in his absence but he failed to get any credit. That''s pretty sharp practice.I agree that there''s no confirmation from the club if they have sold your ticket. With all the transactions now computerised surely this isn''t rocket science ? Another problem is that there seems to no check on who buys your ticket. A family member once put his ticket on buy-back for a game in the Premier League only to get a load of grief from the regulars the following game as it had been occupied by an away fan. They thought he''d passed the ticket on to one of his mates.Good luck with shifting your Villa and Huddersfield tickets on Buyback. With both games on TV you''ll probably make as much by giving them away. Like you I live outside the county and with no domestic responsibilities tend to go out of habit but given this season''s half-a*sed displays you and all the others relaxing in the warm will probably be seen as having made the right call.

[/quote]

Leeds do a season ticket for just Saturday matches, these seats will be on general sale for mid week matches. This is a brilliant idea because people who play football on a Saturday will have more chance to access tickets.

The buy back scheme is a total farce, if the seat gets sold then the season ticket holder should receive all the money with a little administration taken off.[/quote]
If anyone was seriously considering suggesting this just remember that the last Saturday game was Brentford on Dec 3rd whilst the next is Wolves on Jan 21st. Great if you enjoy a winter break though so may appeal to some less hardy than the Blanket Brigade[st][um]

The"Stracey Representatives" just doesn''t have the same ring as the "Nelson Numpties". Surely as a collective forum of bright and witty people, we can come up with something better?

I offer up "The Stracey Saddos".