Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Season Ticket Holders Focus Group Meeting

I received the same invitation this evening........short notice so cannot attend.........it is restricted in number to 20 STH per session, so I guess they are working through ticket holders until they get 20 acceptances for each.

No no no. That''s not fair. Keep the concessions but only for seats in the corners especially the ones with restricted view.

And make the lazy old duffers bike to games....

Why not?

Too many ageing seat blockers. Give concessions to the Under 30''s who have to pay high rents (to elderly second home owners) or mortgages; child costs; student loans; work with zero hours contracts; earn £8k less in their 20''s than previous generations and don''t have a triple lock income from the state.

People, whether over 65 or under 30 should be able to have concessions if they need them. They''d be available too if it wasn''t for the broad brush approach that makes concessions a joke. 

And it''s a pity the ''lazy old duffers'' don''t bike or walk to the shops too. The town centres I cycled through today were stuffed full of them with their diminishing faculties and a guaranteed dent in the car they park next to when they stop and struggle to extricate themselves.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]No no no. That''s not fair. Keep the concessions but only for seats in the corners especially the ones with restricted view.

And make the lazy old duffers bike to games....[/quote]Then charge ''em a couple of quid to park in some shiny new NCFC-crested bike racks.Cheaper than County Hall, everyone keeps fit and the club trousers loads-a-money.A great suggestion to put to the top table....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]No no no. That''s not fair. Keep the concessions but only for seats in the corners especially the ones with restricted view.

And make the lazy old duffers bike to games....[/quote]Then charge ''em a couple of quid to park in some shiny new NCFC-crested bike racks.Cheaper than County Hall, everyone keeps fit and the club trousers loads-a-money.A great suggestion to put to the top table....[/quote]
Nevermind car parking and bike racks. The big money is in charging them to use the toilet. 

Why not ban anyone over 65 and let more 4 year to 10 year old in who constantly are up and down to the food concessions getting stinking chips covered in a red slimy sauce.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]No no no. That''s not fair. Keep the concessions but only for seats in the corners especially the ones with restricted view.

And make the lazy old duffers bike to games....[/quote]Then charge ''em a couple of quid to park in some shiny new NCFC-crested bike racks.Cheaper than County Hall, everyone keeps fit and the club trousers loads-a-money.A great suggestion to put to the top table....[/quote]
Nevermind car parking and bike racks. The big money is in charging them to use the toilet. 
[/quote]
True, although the really big money is not simply charging them an entrance fee but ensuring a progressive rate charge is applied for the length of time they are in there.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]People, whether over 65s should be able to have cushions if they need them. They''d be available too if it wasn''t for the broad brush approach that makes whoopee cushions a joke. [/quote]Perhaps the club should look at making the ground more age directed.No one over 30 in the Barclay and no one under 60 in the River End.Make the turnstiles exactly the same width as the space allocated to a seat. If you cannot get through the turnstile without squeezing through sideways then you will be taking up other fans space once in the ground.Perhaps they should be made to enter the ground through the vehicle entrance and then sit around the pitch.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Just remember one day you''ll be over 65 ![/quote]
Hopefully. It''s a long way ahead but reaching it is better than the alternative. I think....

[quote user="VanWink"]They should certainly put short people in the front seats.[/quote]Many years ago at an away match I was stuck behind two brother both with big ears.It was like the Arsenal trophy cabinet after the doubleI was tempted to lift one up by the ears as Frank McLintockbut just moved instead

If anyone is going please ask the club if they can remove the security staff who keep searching my back pack and sticking their fingers in my salmon sandwiches, mince pies and hob nobs

[quote user="daly"]If anyone is going please ask the club if they can remove the security staff who keep searching my back pack and sticking their fingers in my salmon sandwiches, mince pies and hob nobs[/quote]If that''s the only thing they stick their fingers in you''re a lucky chap.....[;)]

Got an e-mail last night and replied straight away so waiting to see whether i was in the 20 for first come first served. Now what was that i was reading about over 65''s and porkers ? [;)]

I think it''s got something to do with old uns driving about in poncey motors with personalised number plates, Tilly.

Pensioners are the new rich...charge them double

Fat people have obviously got too much money for food ...charge them double, no make that triple because they take up too much space.

[quote user="Bagster"]Pensioners are the new rich...charge them double

Fat people have obviously got too much money for food ...charge them double, no make that triple because they take up too much space.[/quote]

State Pension only ! Sacrifices have to be made just to afford my ST even with the discount.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Matt Juler"]I''d like to see some sort of real time information on Buyback credits online. Living 150 miles away from Norwich and with a young family I struggle to get back to midweek games (missing both Villa and Huddersfield this week) and can''t always find someone who wants my ticket.

When I use the Buyback scheme there is nothing to tell me online whether or not the ticket has sold and I''ve often found the end of season balance on the renewal to be a little lower than expected (not that I''ve ever queried it with the club).[/quote]The Buyback scheme is a bit of a farce Matt.The club only seems to credit you if the game is a sell-out. I wouldn''t be surprised if they sometimes sell a particularly good seat but because there''s others available you won''t get a credit. Someone I know has on occasions discovered that his seat right on the halfway line in the Jarrold Stand was occupied in his absence but he failed to get any credit. That''s pretty sharp practice.I agree that there''s no confirmation from the club if they have sold your ticket. With all the transactions now computerised surely this isn''t rocket science ? Another problem is that there seems to no check on who buys your ticket. A family member once put his ticket on buy-back for a game in the Premier League only to get a load of grief from the regulars the following game as it had been occupied by an away fan. They thought he''d passed the ticket on to one of his mates.Good luck with shifting your Villa and Huddersfield tickets on Buyback. With both games on TV you''ll probably make as much by giving them away. Like you I live outside the county and with no domestic responsibilities tend to go out of habit but given this season''s half-a*sed displays you and all the others relaxing in the warm will probably be seen as having made the right call.

[/quote]

Leeds do a season ticket for just Saturday matches, these seats will be on general sale for mid week matches. This is a brilliant idea because people who play football on a Saturday will have more chance to access tickets.

The buy back scheme is a total farce, if the seat gets sold then the season ticket holder should receive all the money with a little administration taken off.