Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Moxey, get Rowett now.?

Should we?

From me it''s a Yes, a chance to get one of the best up and coming English managers.

If Delia is not holding Moxey by the balls, sack AN and appoint Rowett before we miss out.

Tuesday''s. game was poor against a poorer Villa side that didn''t turn up.

No thanks. Would rather stick with Neil. No signs of the players not playing for him on Tuesday night. Looked 100% committed to me.

I thought the game and performance was quite good from Norwich, best performance for a long time.

Admittedly Villa were no great shakes but full credit must go to us for that for not allowing them to get into the game.

[quote user="dibbler"]Tuesday''s. game was poor against a poorer Villa side that didn''t turn up.[/quote]

All in the eye of the beholder I suppose, but I thought we were excellent in many ways, not as fluent as we can be, but the necessary guts and determination were on show with huge effort and depth of character shown.  Villa turned up alright, they just weren''t prepared for how up for it we were. Their loss, but we outplayed and outfought them and if we do that every week every team will struggle to play well against us.  

Neil has won a promotion in Scotland and England. Rowett has improved Birmingham but no promotions.

His win %tage at Norwich is higher than Rowett''s was at Birmingham-despite last season and, thus far, this one.

If Rowett is an up and coming manager then so, by that definition, is Neil.

Appointing him (whilst paying out a considerable amount of money to pay off Neil, Frankie Mac and Irvine) would be replacing one young, raw and still learning manager with another.

Like for like.

If and when the time comes for a change it would be nice to aim a little higher than the likes of Rowett or Kenny Jackett.

If we were to sack Neil, I wonder how many fans of Champ clubs would look at Neil''s record as a manager and say "...sack ''x'' and get Neil now"?

It would be a brave and bold move following the Villa game but I feel it would be the right thing to do. Sadly I think we''ll miss the boat and he''ll be snapped up by a rival who might bite us in the backside later in the season.

It''s never going to happen though; Neil would''ve been safe if we''d have lost Tuesday night. That we won has probably bought him a free licence until at least mid-January.

As for our win, I do feel that Villa woeful performance was a larger contributory factor to our victory than our play. The first half was absolutely dire. Tip of the cap to Mulumbu, Pinto and Oliviera but I think the rest of the team were not that great. I''ve seen people rave about Dorrans, with the Pinkun giving him their MOTM award but I just don''t get it. He was guilty of several misplaced passes and the reason Mulumbu had to work his socks off for 70 minutes was because Dorrans was out of position so often throughout the match.

I hope we''ve turned a corner and can grind out wins like we did on Tuesday against the better clubs and give the weaker teams the treatment we dished out to Brentford but on the basis of the available evidence, ie the respective recent performances of us and the opposition, I can''t get optimistic.

Fair comments, we all see the game different. I saw nothing to change my mind that AN has got it right.

We got the win which was a bonus but the style of play was messy and disjointed.

[quote user="dibbler"]Fair comments, we all see the game different. I saw nothing to change my mind that AN has got it right.

We got the win which was a bonus but the style of play was messy and disjointed.[/quote]Is your head on backwards?All we had before the game from most was how Villa were going to tear us a new one.Tactically we got it spot on, we ground them down, nullified any attacking threat they had, then picked them off with a well taken goal.We, frankly, couldn''t have got it more right.

[quote user="dibbler"]Morning Morty, thought you might turn up.[/quote]Good morning.I am in charge of putting people right when they say daft things.[:)]

Why no criticism of Moxey,? surely he should have been on the ball to make sure we got Zola.

And how lil ol Norwich - wanting a rivals cast off manager, setting such aiming points.

For a team lacking in confidence, I have to agree with Morty that we nullified the threat of an attacking 3 with a combined value of £20m. Don''t forget Villa came here with 3 up top, Ayew, Kodjia and Agbonlahor, so hardly a team playing for a point. Their driving force, Jedinak was completely nullified by Mulumbu, which was where the momentum of the match rested.

The key as we all know is consistency, we have the squad to win all matched to January. I suggest and think there will be a few ins/outs then, most notably defence.....!!!

Whether we can pull the top 2 in is looking more doubtful by the week, but that''s not just down to us, their consistency is painfully good.

"We, frankly, couldn''t have got it more right."

A few questions...

Couldn''t we have played well in the first half?

Couldn''t we have scored more than 1 goal against a team playing abjectly?

Has scraping 1-0 wins at home versus teams playing poorly become the most right we can expect from Neil these days?

If you''re in charge of correcting people who say daft things, can you be trusted to self-regulate?

If you can be trusted to self-regulate, shouldn''t you be castigating yourself right now?

Go...

[quote user="canarydan23"]"We, frankly, couldn''t have got it more right."

A few questions...

Has scraping 1-0 wins at home versus teams playing poorly become the most right we can expect from Neil these days?

If you''re in charge of correcting people who say daft things, can you be trusted to self-regulate?

If you can be trusted to self-regulate, shouldn''t you be castigating yourself right now?

Go...[/quote]Oh so even though we won, you are criticising the team for only scoring one goal?Were Villa abject or did we get the tactics right?I find it bizarre that anyone, who is a fan, could be so critical of the fact their team has won a much needed game.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canarydan23"]"We, frankly, couldn''t have got it more right."

A few questions...

Go...[/quote]Oh so even though we won, you are criticising the team for only scoring one goal?Were Villa abject or did we get the tactics right?I find it bizarre that anyone, who is a fan, could be so critical of the fact their team has won a much needed game.[/quote]Well I was well pleased we got the win against a side who had only lost once under Bruce, got 3 points, played reasonably well especially second half, and I''m hoping for a win and 3 points again tomorrow night.[:)]

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canarydan23"]"We, frankly, couldn''t have got it more right."

A few questions...

Go...[/quote]Oh so even though we won, you are criticising the team for only scoring one goal?Were Villa abject or did we get the tactics right?I find it bizarre that anyone, who is a fan, could be so critical of the fact their team has won a much needed game.[/quote]Well I was well pleased we got the win against a side who had only lost once under Bruce, got 3 points, played reasonably well especially second half, and I''m hoping for a win and 3 points again tomorrow night.[:)][/quote]Well exactly.The way some people are being so begrudging almost makes me think they wanted a different outcome on Tuesday night...

Are you surprised - it gives fans something to complain about. Look how quiet this message board goes when Norwich win, I''ve only been posting a few months but the difference is crazy.

I find the atmosphere on here a lot better when we do win though, there''s more humorous banter and less of the same threads regurgitating some other thread half way down the front page because the OP hasn''t bothered to scroll down to check if someone has already made the same point before smashing the keyboard silly with their dribbly chin.

Largely agree with Morty on this one.

Considering the run we were on one nil with plenty of graft was pretty much the perfect result and performance. AN got the tactics right, kept them very quiet and won the game. Clean sheet too.

Like it or not, sometimes you have to play s#it and take the result

If we had gone in with all guns blazing in the first half, failed to score & been picked off on the break and been losing would you have been happier?

I would prefer Rowett as manager but after winning two of the last three I can''t see Neil being sacked.

"so critical of the fact their team has won a much needed game."

Who has criticised the fact that we won a much needed game? I understand why you would level that accusation as it fits your agenda to desperately pigeon-hole any critics as being blinkered anti-Neilites.

I''ve criticised aspects of the performance and suggested that Villa''s poor standards were a large factor in the victory. Their own manager blasted it pathetic and very very poor. I also pointed out why I think praise of Dorrans is somewhat misplaced and provided a rationale behind that opinion.

I invited you to provide a rationale for your comment about how we could not have been more right on Tuesday night with five simple questions but you elected to reply by suggesting I was disappointed that Norwich won on Tuesday. The reality couldn''t be further from the truth as anyone who sits around me when I embarrass myself, and those with whom I attend matches, with solitary, anguished and loud outbursts in my relatively moribund block of the River End would attest.

This idea that people opposed to Neil sit at home and pray for defeats to get rid of their nemesis is an absolute nonsense. Every fan wants Norwich to succeed and would want us to win every game from here on in with Neil at the helm.

The fact of that matter is that we are grossly underperforming at present and a significant number of fans have assessed the evidence and arrived at the conclusion that Alex Neil is the primary source for that underperformance. It is a perfectly logical, reasonable and rational conclusion to arrive at. Despite this, you persist with your petty sniping and thinly-veiled questioning of fans'' loyalty toward anyone who has the credible opinion that changing Alex Neil will benefit the team''s performance.

What I find bizarre is that a person who feels they are qualified to correct people when they say daft things could adopt such an illogical stance.

Mind you, I''m not going to be at tomorrow''s game, I''ll be watching it from an armchair in Center Parcs. And I''ve only been to one away game this season. Doesn''t that mean my opinion becomes less eligible? Isn''t that how it works?

[quote user="canarydan23"]"so critical of the fact their team has won a much needed game."

Who has criticised the fact that we won a much needed game? I understand why you would level that accusation as it fits your agenda to desperately pigeon-hole any critics as being blinkered anti-Neilites.

I''ve criticised aspects of the performance and suggested that Villa''s poor standards were a large factor in the victory. Their own manager blasted it pathetic and very very poor. I also pointed out why I think praise of Dorrans is somewhat misplaced and provided a rationale behind that opinion.

I invited you to provide a rationale for your comment about how we could not have been more right on Tuesday night with five simple questions but you elected to reply by suggesting I was disappointed that Norwich won on Tuesday. The reality couldn''t be further from the truth as anyone who sits around me when I embarrass myself, and those with whom I attend matches, with solitary, anguished and loud outbursts in my relatively moribund block of the River End would attest.

This idea that people opposed to Neil sit at home and pray for defeats to get rid of their nemesis is an absolute nonsense. Every fan wants Norwich to succeed and would want us to win every game from here on in with Neil at the helm.

The fact of that matter is that we are grossly underperforming at present and a significant number of fans have assessed the evidence and arrived at the conclusion that Alex Neil is the primary source for that underperformance. It is a perfectly logical, reasonable and rational conclusion to arrive at. Despite this, you persist with your petty sniping and thinly-veiled questioning of fans'' loyalty toward anyone who has the credible opinion that changing Alex Neil will benefit the team''s performance.

What I find bizarre is that a person who feels they are qualified to correct people when they say daft things could adopt such an illogical stance.

Mind you, I''m not going to be at tomorrow''s game, I''ll be watching it from an armchair in Center Parcs. And I''ve only been to one away game this season. Doesn''t that mean my opinion becomes less eligible? Isn''t that how it works?[/quote]Blimey, you''re all sorts of bent out of shape, aren''t you?It was a general statement that there are a lot of people very begrudging that we won, maybe the fact you took it so personally tells a story?We won the game because we worked hard, got the tactics right and we scored more goals than Villa did.But Villa were being built up as some kind of Brazil, pre game, by some, were they not? Is it so hard to accept that the reason we beat them is because we played a good game?

"Is it so hard to accept that the reason we beat them is because we played a good game?"

If it were true it would not be difficult at all. You are aware that in games of football it is possible for two teams to play poorly and one of those poor teams could actually come away with a win, aren''t you? You''re not so blinkered toward one single perspective to believe that in a game of football the team that wins always plays well, are you?

We were superior to Aston Villa, of that there is no doubt. We won the game and didn''t have to rely on any dodgy officiating. In my honest and unbiased appraisal of the match we did not play well. It was an appraisal shared by the three people I watched the game with, my long-suffering wife who watched it on Sky (though we can ignore her opinion, she wasn''t there after all!) and my two season-ticket holding colleagues (who go to almost all away games as well, so there opinion is golden).

I''m not sure what issue you take with what is quite a widely-held opinion of the football match. And to say that Alex Neil could not have got it more right I personally think is barmy. Other than the goal, did we have another single shot on target? I think I can remember one other tame effort and the only other real goal-scoring threat we created was Brady''s awful miss. And against a team who by their own admission were very, very poor and pathetic.

And that you thought or think I''m all sorts of bent out of shape is once again an indication of your poor inference skills. Due to a technical fault, I''ve not had to do any work since 11.30am so am essentially getting paid to fart about on the internet and as of 12:30pm tomorrow I don''t have to work again until Tuesday. People being silly on the internet is not going to drag me down in any way. I just enjoy the irony of calling out someone''s senselessness when that someone clearly derives so much pleasure from doing it to others. That''s all.

[quote user="canarydan23"]"Is it so hard to accept that the reason we beat them is because we played a good game?"

If it were true it would not be difficult at all. You are aware that in games of football it is possible for two teams to play poorly and one of those poor teams could actually come away with a win, aren''t you? You''re not so blinkered toward one single perspective to believe that in a game of football the team that wins always plays well, are you?

We were superior to Aston Villa, of that there is no doubt. We won the game and didn''t have to rely on any dodgy officiating. In my honest and unbiased appraisal of the match we did not play well. It was an appraisal shared by the three people I watched the game with, my long-suffering wife who watched it on Sky (though we can ignore her opinion, she wasn''t there after all!) and my two season-ticket holding colleagues (who go to almost all away games as well, so there opinion is golden).

I''m not sure what issue you take with what is quite a widely-held opinion of the football match. And to say that Alex Neil could not have got it more right I personally think is barmy. Other than the goal, did we have another single shot on target? I think I can remember one other tame effort and the only other real goal-scoring threat we created was Brady''s awful miss. And against a team who by their own admission were very, very poor and pathetic.

And that you thought or think I''m all sorts of bent out of shape is once again an indication of your poor inference skills. Due to a technical fault, I''ve not had to do any work since 11.30am so am essentially getting paid to fart about on the internet and as of 12:30pm tomorrow I don''t have to work again until Tuesday. People being silly on the internet is not going to drag me down in any way. I just enjoy the irony of calling out someone''s senselessness when that someone clearly derives so much pleasure from doing it to others. That''s all.[/quote]

Except we didn''t play poorly, did we? In the second half, we played well. And even in the first half we did enough to stop them playing - thanks largely to Mulumbu who had his best game in a Norwich shirt by a mile.

Brady and Howson missed very presentable chances which would have correctly reflected our superiority. Were you watching Olsson''s shot in the first half which their keeper spilled - I think that was comfortably on target, as was Dorrans''s effort which was blocked out for a corner.

And I have read many reports of the game, none of which suggest that your opinion that we played poorly is "widely held".

Your appraisal is not at all unbiased - neither is mine. I enjoyed the performance but you clearly didn''t. That''s allowed, but when you try to infer that somehow this game didn''t represent an improvement just because Villa were so poor you are just wrong.

Oliveira played well throughout, as did the back 5. (I''m no Bassong fan but he had a decent game). Mulumbu was excellent, Dorrans and Howson were OK, Brady improved as the game went on and Jacob was in and out.

It wasn''t particularly fluent or attractive but overall we played well - get over it.

Teams might win the odd game each season when the opposition plays better than they do. But in the main they win due to the opposition being poorer. You then have the impossible task of deciding if the victory was because your team were better or because the other team were worse. The latter is usually the case when the judge is still in a mood about previous poor performances.

"Okay, we''ll go with "We won because Villa were so poor" then."

Congratulations. You''ve managed to see something from someone else''s perspective and opened up your mind to the fact that you just might be wrong. Realising that you are not infallible gets you a step closer to being so. At least I have done something productive today.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Ffs you obviously haven''t bin round here long !!

Morty is " never " wrong !!!

😳😳😂😂😂😂😂[/quote]By definition opinion is never right or wrong.However some opinions can definitely be more objective, or better informed.[:)]