Sign in to follow this  
FCC

Loyalty

Thinking back to the Worthington days, it became very uncomfortable watching a good man isolated in front of a crowd who ridiculed and berated him.

Loyalty to a manager is to be applauded. Where that loyalty leaves a man standing alone, being abused, humiliated, and taunted by thousands of people, I believe that loyalty to be misplaced.

Whatever your views on Alex''s management skills, I hope we can remember he is a decent man - and if he can''t turn things around soon I hope the board have the decisiveness to not let him endure a long drawn out finale. The pressure on one man is huge, and for his own health, and that day at Wembley, he deserves that.

The Club must consider that where a mans pride prevents him walking away, to protect his health, it may be the kindest thing to do to end his employment.

As a man with a young family, I hope things turn out well for Alex and the Club.

Perhaps one or two players should consider how their actions are affecting a young manager and his well-being.

An incredibly compassionate post that I just had to comment on. Not sure if other people will agree but the board left it too long (in my view) regarding Worthy. Too long in terms of being out of touch with the fanbase at that time or maybe they too were being incredibly loyal. I also think Alex Neil is a decent bloke and it would also be a shame if the crowd turn en masse. But there is huge pressure on him. It is quite telling that he goes on to say he will carry on regardless, can''t imagine him saying anything else. Yet it shows so transparently when he even mentions the full time chats with board members.

We should also remember he will be earning more than any of us ever dream of. So maybe in thrill scheme of time, it won''t bother him much FCC. And ultimately he know all managers ( well, 99%) fail.

Applaud the post however.

A below par performance in the first half v Brentford in front of what surely will be a very sceptical crowd who will turn on anything negative in our play will make for a very uncomfortable lonely time for AN on the touchline. Still a hug and a cuddle from Delia telling him what a horrible crowd we are just like the naughty press will reassure Alex to carry on.

Great OP. If you take into account who, in by not acting decisevly, caused the derision aimed at both Worthy and Hughton it is obvious where the problem lies. I agree re Neil, decent bloke, took us to Wembley and won but has been somewhat lacking since. Perhaps decisive decisions by the Board would have helped to prevent the current situation (and previous) we now find ourselves in. Sometimes our owners are their own worst enemies and create a lot of unnecessary angst by their indecisions.

[quote user="FCC"]Thinking back to the Worthington days, it became very uncomfortable watching a good man isolated in front of a crowd who ridiculed and berated him.

Loyalty to a manager is to be applauded. Where that loyalty leaves a man standing alone, being abused, humiliated, and taunted by thousands of people, I believe that loyalty to be misplaced.

Whatever your views on Alex''s management skills, I hope we can remember he is a decent man - and if he can''t turn things around soon I hope the board have the decisiveness to not let him endure a long drawn out finale. The pressure on one man is huge, and for his own health, and that day at Wembley, he deserves that.

The Club must consider that where a mans pride prevents him walking away, to protect his health, it may be the kindest thing to do to end his employment.

As a man with a young family, I hope things turn out well for Alex and the Club.

Perhaps one or two players should consider how their actions are affecting a young manager and his well-being.[/quote][Y]

Good OP. It''s a shame that Delia et al are unable to strike the correct balance between between being loyal to a manager, which is to be applauded, and doing the right thing for the club.

Curious thing, really - the idea of the board showing the manager compassion. HOW ABOUT THE FANS SHOW A BIT OF COMPASSION TO THE MANAGER SO HE CAN GET ON WITH HIS JOB WITH A BIT OF SUPPORT!!!Talk about high and mighty expectations.  How about recognising the competitivness of the league where a Blackburn can go to Newcastle and get a win??   How about recognsing the injuries to some key players. And it''s a tough league - and there''s no need to get out the "we''re the best squad" stuff - it''s all boll*x when there are hardened championship teams in there.  And you can pack it in with your "manager lost the dressing room" cr*p too.  It''s al b*ll*x.  AN is a tough cookie but he''s human like everyone else.  So try and be a bit compassionate if we''re struggling at half time on Saturday, so as the team can feel they have support in what would be a difficult second half.   Now, if the team are struggling on Saturday, we get the idea that the crowd will be ugly.  Hardly a good atmosphere for the team, is it?  The players might fold under the pressure as they did against West Brom under Hughton - that was hardly a surprise either.It''s up to you. The fans.  I''m stuck up here and have no say really as I don''t get to CR very often -  but I know enough from over the years about how our crowd gets nervous/worried/frustrated/angry or over expectant. The Worthy stuff was a scandal - not from the board but from the fans. 

The Hughton stuff was ridiculous too - people actively wanting him out

from Christmas in his FIRST season.  Now it looks as if it could happen

again with AN.  And people want the baord to be compassionate??

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2016-11-27 3:03 AM:

Curious thing, really - the idea of the board showing the manager compassion.

HOW ABOUT THE FANS SHOW A BIT OF COMPASSION TO THE MANAGER SO HE CAN GET ON WITH HIS JOB WITH A BIT OF SUPPORT!!!

Talk about high and mighty expectations. How about recognising the competitivness of the league where a Blackburn can go to Newcastle and get a win?? How about recognsing the injuries to some key players. And it''s a tough league - and there''s no need to get out the "we''re the best squad" stuff - it''s all boll*x when there are hardened championship teams in there. And you can pack it in with your "manager lost the dressing room" cr*p too. It''s al b*ll*x.

AN is a tough cookie but he''s human like everyone else. So try and be a bit compassionate if we''re struggling at half time on Saturday, so as the team can feel they have support in what would be a difficult second half. Now, if the team are struggling on Saturday, we get the idea that the crowd will be ugly. Hardly a good atmosphere for the team, is it? The players might fold under the pressure as they did against West Brom under Hughton - that was hardly a surprise either.

It''s up to you. The fans. I''m stuck up here and have no say really as I don''t get to CR very often - but I know enough from over the years about how our crowd gets nervous/worried/frustrated/angry or over expectant. The Worthy stuff was a scandal - not from the board but from the fans. The Hughton stuff was ridiculous too - people actively wanting him out from Christmas in his FIRST season. Now it looks as if it could happen again with AN.

And people want the baord to be compassionate??

FFS. Not again!

"FFS. Not again!"

It''s not rocket science is it?   Blame everyone else except yourselves. There was a piece on channel 5 tonight about an ex-wolves player saying players used to prefer playing away games because home fans were too negative.  Could Norwich be going the same way?  Never used to be like that, but for me and judging by the comments by some on here,  any sense of tolerance is completely lacking.  Show a bit of compassion, get a sense of perspective and surprise, surprise it mght help the team.  I''ve said it again and again and I''ll keep saying it. The crowd can be like a twelth man for team - but if you accept that idea you also have to accept they can be the opposite too - like playing with ten men.  If you can''t see that, then I''m wasting my time, but if you''re not careful, you''ll get what you wish for - and it won''t necessarily end up with anything better afterwards.   Get behind the team, the manager and the owners - everyone pulling together. It''s the only way.

You''re right it''s not rocket science

He''s not good enough, we were relegated under him

we''ve lost six on the spin under him, the fans want the club

to do well not just coast along in the championship

He''s been backed to the hilt spending in the region of £50M

The sooner the BOARD do the right and compassionate thing and part ways the better. We''re getting worse under him and you want to blame the fans, have a word with yourself.

I feel the time has now come to let Alex go, and I hope he can relax and have a good Christmas with his family.

He deserves to leave with some dignity, whilst some of the players should be ashamed as to how they have let him down.

This has dragged on long enough.