Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

wont beat villa

Keelansgrandad, You might well be right. A huge part of that failing imo has to be recruiting the right players, i dont know if it''s the club, him or mixture of both but somewhere behind the scenes this has been a unmitigated failure. I really dont feel confident that the right players will be brought in.

The problem i have had in the past with firing AN is i think the pressing high intensity football that he looked like he might deliver at first is the sort of football i''d like to see us play. There does have to come a time of realisation that he wont be delivering that, infact we look even further away from it than when he started.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Keelansgrandad, You might well be right. A huge part of that failing imo has to be recruiting the right players, i dont know if it''s the club, him or mixture of both but somewhere behind the scenes this has been a unmitigated failure. I really dont feel confident that the right players will be brought in.

The problem i have had in the past with firing AN is i think the pressing high intensity football that he looked like he might deliver at first is the sort of football i''d like to see us play. There does have to come a time of realisation that he wont be delivering that, infact we look even further away from it than when he started.[/quote]

Indeed.

However bad we thought of Hughton, he always played it safe. But AN more or less went for it until that stupid and bizarre game at St James Park last year. He has lost it completely since then and I can''t see him repeating what he did two seasons ago.

If I was Neil I''d do a couple of radical things tomorrow

- Play an actual left back at left back

- Play the one centre back pairing which hasn''t lost all season (Martin and Klose)

- Play an actual defensive midfielder (Mulumbu).

And let''s see what happens

[quote user="Jacko"]If I was Neil I''d do a couple of radical things tomorrow

- Play an actual left back at left back

- Play the one centre back pairing which hasn''t lost all season (Martin and Klose)

- Play an actual defensive midfielder (Mulumbu).

And let''s see what happens[/quote]

Pretty much as simple as that.

Alex Neil''s selections have cost us so many points this year. Why can''t he just keep it simple and play the best players in the correct positions. I know fans think they know best, but honestly most of us could pick a stronger 11 than AN.

You can be sure of one thing.....

Villa are going to be very confident of winning this game.

Bruce will have read the pamphlet Brentford somehow overlooked entitled ''How to Beat Norwich City'' which includes material such as pressurising our players on the ball and pumping a long ball forward.

The Villa fans will make a lot of noise - as they have done before while Norwich fans will struggle to find the conviction to do so.

And even if they are 2 - 0 down then there is always a way back as so many have proved.

Add to that the attempts to unsettle Brady and our manager who doesn''t know either his best team or even the best team for the particular game plus a fat lady somewhere clearing her throat and it looks daunting.

But, football is THE redemption game and going forwards we know we have the ability and can score goals so here''s hoping. I am happy for any points right now irrespective of Neil''s future because the bottom line is: we must stay up and things could yet get a lot worse.

Villa have only won once away this season, 2-1 at Reading so they''re a hardly Barcelona. If we fail to get at least a draw it will be a very poor result.

To be fair, the more I think about it the more I think this is the kind of game our players decide to turn up for and actually give a toss.

Think AN will play this

--------------Ruddy

Pinto Bennett Klose Olsson

-------Tettey Mulumbu

Naismith Howson Brady

-----------Oliviera

and we''ll probably see out a tense, unconvincing 0-0 or 1-1. Just based off of what Neil has said today and after the last match

What worries me is I have no clue what team to expect. Neil has gone from a manager who persisted with a core eleven (almost frustratingly) to someone who fields a new and different squad every week.
I cant see us beating Villa either to be fair. It could be an embarrassing result.
I want to see Hoolahan, Jerome, Klose, and Tettey all start.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]How was Barnsley''s home record before last weekend?[/quote]

I''m just removing any possible excuses before we start treating Villa as something special, because they really aren''t.

If Tettey comes back in then it will confirm that General Haig''s pet tortoise Alan has more clue about football.

Brilliant lol reading some of the comments on here.

Is Iron Stan not the Villa mascot ? Your team were shocking mate !

Could some of you let us know whats going to happen on Friday ? will make a great read on Saturday morning, Hope you dont all start predicting a comfortable Norwich win as the evidence here suggests the opposite happens,

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Not exactly Nostradamus are we Stan?[/quote]Nostrabinus, more like

Please keep an eye out for Stan. He disappeared after our goal. I fear he may have injured himself celebrating. Check all local hospitals. Ta.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]
I cant see us beating Villa either to be fair. It could be an embarrassing result.
[/quote]
[quote user="Making Plans"]Villa & Huddersfield are both above 14th and that''s before they''ve played usWe won''t beat either[/quote]
[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Bruce will have read the pamphlet Brentford somehow overlooked entitled ''How to Beat Norwich City'' which includes material such as pressurising our players on the ball and pumping a long ball forward. The Villa fans will make a lot of noise - as they have done before while Norwich fans will struggle to find the conviction to do so. And even if they are 2 - 0 down then there is always a way back as so many have proved.[/quote]
Be proud, "supporters".  Be proud.

[quote user="hogesar"]I kinda called it, just saying[/quote]I had a bet on 2-nil Norwich.Fail[:(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Villa are 21/10. I''ve got the fiver I''ve saved up for mrs nutty''s Christmas present. I manage a fiver every year however tough it is. Now imagine if I could spend fifteen quid this year! How I''d love to see her smiling face on Christmas morning. But what about the tears if you''re wrong. What to do. I''m in a rare old quandary now...[/quote]
Devastated! Couldn''t even enjoy the victory. All I could see was tears in Mrs nutty''s eyes on Christmas morning. 42nd Christmas together and each prevgious one she has had tears of joy knowing that I''d saved up that fiver all year to make her day happy. Poundland tat Hairy? No chance. I take her there that often she knows the price of everything in the shop....
I try not to be bitter Stan. I really am trying not to blame you. It was me that was greedy and that''s so unlike me. But you were sooooo convincing....
Stuff the spirit of Christmas Stan. I hope Santa misses you out. I hope your streams all dry up and your wireless blows a fuse. In fact I hope you get nob rot and it drops off in your hand[:@]
Huddersfield are 11/4. Could that save my Christmas.....

[quote user="iron_stan"]win or not he wont get the club promoted

weve been bang average for some time and last night was hardly convincing[/quote]Blub blub blub[:D]