Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

wont beat villa

the problem is that even if we win both the manager is not the man to get us promoted, hes demonstrated that consistently for the last 11 games

id be delighted with 6 points, but i think neil will do well to get 1, villa are in solid form and on the up, we are not and we have a manager who is a bit fucking clueless, chops and changes his starting 11 for no reason most of the team, and cant stop the widely acknowledged 2nd best squad in the division from leaking goals

Rock bottom of the form table and a team that is against the manager. These two games will be the end for him.

[quote user="iron_stan"]the problem is that even if we win both the manager is not the man to get us promoted, hes demonstrated that consistently for the last 11 games

id be delighted with 6 points, but i think neil will do well to get 1, villa are in solid form and on the up, we are not and we have a manager who is a bit fucking clueless, chops and changes his starting 11 for no reason most of the team, and cant stop the widely acknowledged 2nd best squad in the division from leaking goals [/quote]
Hard to argue with the 2nd paragraph of this post.

[quote user="JF"]Rock bottom of the form table and a team that is against the manager. These two games will be the end for him.[/quote]I doubt it, the BOD are fully behind him.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="JF"]Rock bottom of the form table and a team that is against the manager. These two games will be the end for him.[/quote]I doubt it, the BOD are fully behind him.[/quote]

Are they? Didnt Moxey say ''Promotion, Promotion, Promotion''?

[quote user="morty"]Great stuff Stan[Y]The best outcome is, of course, that we beat both teams.[/quote]or even result"Good evening are here are todays football outcomes"

On recent form we are the worst team in the league with the 3rd worst defenceOf the teams we have played, we have not beaten any team currently above 14th positionVilla & Huddersfield are both above 14th and that''s before they''ve played usWe won''t beat either

Villa are 21/10. I''ve got the fiver I''ve saved up for mrs nutty''s Christmas present. I manage a fiver every year however tough it is. Now imagine if I could spend fifteen quid this year! How I''d love to see her smiling face on Christmas morning. But what about the tears if you''re wrong. What to do. I''m in a rare old quandary now...

Whilst it''s unlikely on current form, manager getting team wrong etc etc, it''s football and anything could happen. 6 points from 2 games and things look alot better. Lose on Tuesday with another poor performance and I''ll personally want AN out regardless of Friday, which is where I think most level headed at the ground will find themselves.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Buy something tacky but flashy from Poundland Nutty, you know, just as a backup in the unlikely event. She might not notice?[/quote]
She knows Poundland Hairy. We go there on the bus for a treat every week before we spend the bust ticket in Burger King.

[quote user="hogesar"]Whilst it''s unlikely on current form, manager getting team wrong etc etc, it''s football and anything could happen. 6 points from 2 games and things look alot better. Lose on Tuesday with another poor performance and I''ll personally want AN out regardless of Friday, which is where I think most level headed at the ground will find themselves.[/quote]For me, as I missed games while I was away working, I take the last four in isolation.QPR - Unlucky after early sending off, overall play not too bad.Derby - Thought we didn''t actually play too bad.Brentford - Thats a bit more like it.Barnskley - Jesus Christ, what did I just see?Couple of steps forward then one massive one back. His picking completely the wrong team couldn''t have come at a worse time, just as it looked like performances were improving.

We won''t beat Villa if AN keeps doing the same thing every week as discussed elsewhere.

Our stats suggest that against the bigger teams we will give up too much defensive territory for them to get behind us too often with the same negative results.

I want to see the DMF position nailed down with more discipline and aggression.

Play your best left back as well. I also think that we also miss Martin at centre back but at some point we have to have a settled back line.

Then we can let the pretty stuff flourish up front.

If we keep leaving the defence exposed then we will come out with very little in the next two games.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]Whilst it''s unlikely on current form, manager getting team wrong etc etc, it''s football and anything could happen. 6 points from 2 games and things look alot better. Lose on Tuesday with another poor performance and I''ll personally want AN out regardless of Friday, which is where I think most level headed at the ground will find themselves.[/quote]For me, as I missed games while I was away working, I take the last four in isolation.QPR - Unlucky after early sending off, overall play not too bad.Derby - Thought we didn''t actually play too bad.Brentford - Thats a bit more like it.Barnskley - Jesus Christ, what did I just see?Couple of steps forward then one massive one back. His picking completely the wrong team couldn''t have come at a worse time, just as it looked like performances were improving.[/quote]
I forgot you missed games - in a way you got lucky and you''re able to take the last 4 as they come, but even then, we shouldn''t be losing 3 in 4!
I think QPR the sending off obviously completely changed our plans so the fair thing to do is to write it off and ignore it.
Derby - We weren''t too bad, but lacked a cutting edge.
Brentford - Great performance but as AN said - if teams decide to sit of us and let us play then we tend to do well. But so would any of the other top 6-8 teams in the division.
Barnsley - Didn''t see it, sounded like we could have been 3 or 4 down by half time. Second half resurgence is a positive though.
I think sometimes it is worth changing for the sake of changing. It sound stupid and illogical but it''s got to that stage where the players look half-ar*ed about everything they do - whenever thing''s get a little difficult there''s no desire to go and sort it out. That doesn''t apply to all of our players but enough for it to affect the entire team.
The fans are generally muted and the atmosphere was poor against Brentford even though we won convincingly. 
AN still can''t pick the right team for the right games. Depressingly, although honest, he''s admitted that as we all know. Can we afford that as a club? Should he be getting the team wrong when he''s now had, in the majority, 2 years with most of these players? 
If we beat Villa and Huddersfield then, as i''ve said above, things look a lot different all of a sudden so it''s a thin line. But we''ve not had many really good performances this season which doesn''t help his case. 3 or 4 maybe? And i''m one of the positive one''s!

As any long termer will tell you, supporting NCFC is all peaks and troughs. Sadly I feel we are now headed in a trough wards direction.

The excitement of fighting for promotion or against relegation has led some to think that this is the norm. It isnt and we now look like facing an extended period in the doldrums.

After a few Peroni''s things may look different but unfortunately my local is closed this lunchtime.

[quote user="ricardo"]As any long termer will tell you, supporting NCFC is all peaks and troughs. Sadly I feel we are now headed in a trough wards direction.

The excitement of fighting for promotion or against relegation has led some to think that this is the norm. It isnt and we now look like facing an extended period in the doldrums.

After a few Peroni''s things may look different but unfortunately my local is closed this lunchtime.[/quote]
But that''s not just Norwich City Rickyyyyyy. That''s all clubs.

True Nutty, but NCFC is the only one we care about.

I don''t lose any sleep over 1p5witch being in the doldrums for an eternity. In fact I pray each night for its continuance.

[quote user="ricardo"]As any long termer will tell you, supporting NCFC is all peaks and troughs. Sadly I feel we are now headed in a trough wards direction.

After a few Peroni''s things may look different but unfortunately my local is closed this lunchtime.[/quote]

Agree about the peaks and troughs and the stats back that up.

So assuming promotion may be out of reach, what is the least you want from this season?

For me I think a change is inevitable so I would settle for the emergence of two or three players from the ranks this season.

We have the players to beat Villa, i''m not confident in anyway we will, but we definitely have the players to beat them.

I think the wider problem is that even if form turns around and we get promotion say via the playoffs, i cant see anyway that this group are equipped to even remotely stay in the prem. There has to be some sort of strategy and for the life of me just cant see one with the current transfer policy, tactics, team selection. I dont feel AN has any clarity in the way he wants to set up and play, i''m actually ok with a poor period of results if it feels something might come together, it just doesnt feel like it''ll click in anything other than some good individual performances will get us results here and there.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]We have the players to beat Villa, i''m not confident in anyway we will, but we definitely have the players to beat them.

I think the wider problem is that even if form turns around and we get promotion say via the playoffs, i cant see anyway that this group are equipped to even remotely stay in the prem. There has to be some sort of strategy and for the life of me just cant see one with the current transfer policy, tactics, team selection. I dont feel AN has any clarity in the way he wants to set up and play, i''m actually ok with a poor period of results if it feels something might come together, it just doesnt feel like it''ll click in anything other than some good individual performances will get us results here and there.[/quote]

I think you are close to what may be the thinking.

I wonder if AN has convinced the board that no matter how much he spends in January the squad isn''t up to it and if we went up we would need to clear the lot out.

I wonder if he has convinced them that with a year under their belt in this division and next seasons parachute payment, he will be able to mount a better challenge.

Personally I think we are pretty awful in the transfer market generally and he is one of the worst considering the money that was made available, so I would rather someone else had next season''s money.