Sign in to follow this  
OldRobert

Official Huddersfield Thread

Starting XI: Ruddy; Pinto, Bennett, Bassong, Olsson, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Jacob Murphy, Howson, Brady, Oliveira 

Subs: McGovern, Martin, Naismith, Jerome, Hoolahan, Klose, Tettey

Had to keep the same team.

Klose, Pritchard, Canos &Naismith not in the team. That''s about 26m he''s roughly spent there. He''s got to get it right in January.

As someone who wanted Wells here in the summer having watched him for a few years I just hope we keep him quiet tonight. He is a tricky customer and might trouble our defence as he is persistent.

As we were then but nice to see Jerome back in the squad. A much better option from the bench. Bit frustrating not to see Pritchard in there if he''s fit but if we win again I certainly won''t be complaining

wells is all about movement; which isnt a good combination against a CB pairing famed for its regular momentary lapses. I dont think he is as good as kodija though and they contained him - so who knows

If they are focused they can keep him quiet

[quote user="king canary"]Makes sense to keep the same staring xi but still disappointed not to have Pritchard on the bench.[/quote]

It''s stupid. At the very least he should be on the bench to come on if things need changing. He''d offer something different, bar Hoolahan there is nothing on the bench that''s going to change much of things are going pear shaped.

Somethings going on with Pritchard. From MoM against Brentford to being subbed at half time against Barnsley Nd then not even in the squad. That is a rapid fall from grace.

Surprised Wagner has got Van La Parra lining up against the pacy Pinto. He''s a poor player but would leave Huckerby in his dust, Pinto can keep up with him and should be able to deal with his play. Olsson who is quick but much slower than Pinto or Van La Parra struggled really badly last time he lined up against him. If I was Wagner I''d have him playing on the right, weird.

Huddersfield absolutely bossing the midfield with the defenders pushing up and making city chase, if recent history is anything to go by we will run out of steam

Huddersfield are very good on the ball and we are living on scraps.

they arent afraid of our 1 up front, they are leaving the two centre backs deep and pushing the wing backs into the midfield, theyve got 5 players just over the half way line 95% of the time