Sign in to follow this  
south stand corner terrace

Penalties missed

[quote]Last 2 home games and 2 penalties missed costing us a possible 4 points. Need I say anymore....................[/quote]

Yes, you could say more. Such as Norwich beat Hull 2-1 in their previous home game. Or, that Ashton missed a penalty in the last minute against Reading in the match before that, which would have only made it 1-1 had he scored. So that totals a possible 3 points dropped from missed penalties.

Aside from that, spot on.

Sorry guys my maths isnt upto scratch and i forgot about the hull game,  does anyone fancy huckerby or ashton as penalty takers.  I saw mcveigh pick the ball up to take it today and hucks took it off him.

By the way ncfc4prem pi is the ratio of a circles circumference to its diameter

How about, these are professional footballers paid £20,00 or so a week to find the back of the net with a free shot from 12 yards. Can we have a refund, please?  

[quote]Sorry guys my maths isnt upto scratch and i forgot about the hull game, does anyone fancy huckerby or ashton as penalty takers. I saw mcveigh pick the ball up to take it today and hucks took it off ...[/quote]

I fully expected Hucks to score. Especially after his well taken penalty in our League Cup match. In his Radio Norfolk interview last night he stated that the Millwall players were getting into his face to put him off, and he was disappointed that he let it get to him. No point crying over spilt milk though, it''s just one of those things I suppose.

I feel if we had got our tactics right from the kick-off we could have been winning confortably with 10 minutes to go, not taking a high pressured penalty to take all 3 points.

Marshall did his homework,thats all.

Every keeper in the division must know by now where Hucks puts them.Unless he starts some variation he''s only going to score from them if he gets them right in the bottom corner (like the one against Northampton).

o.k. its unfortunate that we have missed our last two penalties, but lets look at the bigger picture, why did we let a mediocre side take the lead with a very soft goal ,and why cant we seem to play the whole 90 minutes, we need to raise our game and start from the first whistle, and work hard, and play our passing game, which we all know we are capable of . we really should be beating the likes of millwall,coventry, crewe,etc at home, and i know these teams come with a game plan to defend  in numbers , and hit us on the break , but we have enough quality in the squad to be able to beat these sort of sides , look at sheffield utd for example, they in my opinion dont have as much quality as we do, but don,t they work hard and make life difficult for teams, and winning breeds confidence, andno one fancies going to bramall lane, it seems to me we have to become a lot tougher in our approach to games, and make teams fear coming to carrow road as they did in 2003 _ 2004, lets make carrow road a fortress again, and not the soft touch it is becoming.

imo, having just seen the championship i have decided: it was a good save by marshall but not a hard one. If he guesses the right way hes very likely to save it. Not much power or placement