Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Don't say 'He's a young manager and he's learning.'

Am I missing something? Why are our attacking wide players expected to track back when we have two internationals at RB & LB up against Barnsley wingers? If we play two defensive midfielders holding just in front of the defenders, should they not drop back to help cover, allowing us to break and play on the break? It''s not the Murphy''s but our entire low lack of effort at the start of away games, we never start at a high tempo but on the back foot trying to stop our opponents scoring! It doesn''t work.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So nobody else could take any joy from the twins starting together for the first time. Thank the Lord I''m not bitter and twisted. I''d absolutely hate to be some of you....[/quote]

if results don''t matter, lets just send the whole youth team out.....

Did I say results don''t matter?

These were comments made before the game being dragged up after the game by people who don''t post before the game...

Nutty I can''t agree more, I believe it was the right call today, but we never got going, the more the first half went the more our defence lost its cool just giving the ball away.

I''m at a loss to think our squad needs to be tailored to combat each team we come up against! We on paper have the top three squads in this division and we should have a system and best 11 which other teams should be worried about! But that''s not the case, I''m sorry but AN is well out of his depth, goes to show how close Neil Adams had his team set up that AN came in tinkered and got us up, I''m not sure this squad with so many over paid journeymen and no leaders could be turned around, don''t think there''s too many managers to take this job on!

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2016-12-10 10:20 PM:

So nobody else could take any joy from the twins starting together for the first time. Thank the Lord I''m not bitter and twisted. I''d absolutely hate to be some of you....

It''s nothing to do with their starting together........but their ability, they are both exceptional talents, but like other youth players, (some now lent to other clubs and progressing) they have gone backwards. Josh performance today was woeful, and that was why he was withdrawn, and Jacob wasn''t much better. Last season they were both picking up rave reviews, yes at other clubs admittedly, so what has happened to their game/confidence?

AN stated two/three weeks ago that Jacob was "washed out" and needed a rest! So what happened, he continues to be played! I am all for nurturing that young talent, we have/had some cracking youth players, but they are not producing for NCFC.......and we have the likes of Maddison and Toffolo stating they would like to stay on with their loan clubs. Why is that?

[quote user="Indy"]Nutty I can''t agree more, I believe it was the right call today, but we never got going, the more the first half went the more our defence lost its cool just giving the ball away.

I''m at a loss to think our squad needs to be tailored to combat each team we come up against! We on paper have the top three squads in this division and we should have a system and best 11 which other teams should be worried about! But that''s not the case, I''m sorry but AN is well out of his depth, goes to show how close Neil Adams had his team set up that AN came in tinkered and got us up, I''m not sure this squad with so many over paid journeymen and no leaders could be turned around, don''t think there''s too many managers to take this job on![/quote]

nonsense , there are plenty of manager''s who''d take this job....and many (if theyre currently in work) who would resign from their current posts tonight if offered the chance to come here...

You''re the one being dishonest. You bought up the twins starting in a totally unrelated thread and when everyone didn''t fall over themselves to declare what a joyous event it was you declared them bitter and twisted.

It is nice to see our young players playing but not when it doesn''t actually help us win games.

Indy. In tbe first half we didn''t defend from the front. We didn''t win those battles all over the pitch that we did in the second half. Worthy called it earning the right to play our football. thats a lot harder at 0-2.

When I saw the two Murphy''s starting I had a pang of excitement. I had these ''Roy of the Rovers'' images in my head. Brilliant stuff. Alas it was not meant to be...

So what''s all that got to do with a comment I made when the team was announced City2nd. Where were you with these comments then. In fact where is the relevance?

It''s not about team selection for gods sake. Nobody posted beforehand saying make wholesale changes. Whatever team he''s putting on the pitch we get the same thing, and goodness knows he''s tried virtually every combination possible in the last year or so.

It''s about guts, desire, belief in the manager and system, confidence, team spirit. We patently haven''t got enough of it, or consistently enough and the manager can''t instill it or engender it except for brief periods.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]It''s not about team selection for gods sake. Nobody posted beforehand saying make wholesale changes. Whatever team he''s putting on the pitch we get the same thing, and goodness knows he''s tried virtually every combination possible in the last year or so.

It''s about guts, desire, belief in the manager and system, confidence, team spirit. We patently haven''t got enough of it, or consistently enough and the manager can''t instill it or engender it except for brief periods.[/quote]

Pretty much bang on, could it be that as he''s achieved nothing in his footballing career it''s hard for our egotistical players to actually respect him and his staff? It appears that way, as week in week out they lack putting in a decent shift on the pitch where it counts!

....out with it JF, what''s the worst that can happen on an anonomous football forum?

We can all see on the pitch that players aren''t playing for him and that he''s not getting them playing to their potential.....what we don''t know is why?....tell all.......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]What team would you pick Beardo? I think I''d go with the side that finished today''s game. Or maybe replace the centrbacks but it does seem the worst ones are always the ones playing.[/quote]

I''m afraid Nutty I think it has gone beyond what team is being picked. Somehow we have allowed the sum of the parts to be less than the whole. I am fed up with watching teams, containing very few, if any , players that would be better than our players , beat us. Leeds, Preston, QPR and now Barnsley , haven''t got any players that would/should push our players out of the side.

Even when we were beating sides, this terrible habit of letting teams back in, suggested a lack of tactical nous in my opinion. Today made no sense, replacing Naismith for Murphy, very different players, and having two very young players on the pitch at once , just didn''t work - even by the managers own admission.   

We have a competitive advantage at the moment , created by being in the premier league , and having money to pay wages that will put us in the top six spenders this year. We cant afford to continue to allow that advantage to be negated by a manager who simply cannot make that advantage count. Much damage has already been done by the amount spent by Neil , on players who now don''t figure in the team plans. I can tell you that many at the club are still shaking their head on Canos - a player that Neil personally made great strides to sign, and very early in the piece decided he wasn''t what was needed.

I do share your excitement on the Murphy''s - we all want young players to come through, but we should be producing these players given the money spent at Colney, but that is a discussion for another day.

Neil had an Indian Summer last week, against a poor side , and a game where for once the early moments went our way.  Even then if the Brentford striker hadn''t developed a toblerone head for a spectacularly bad headed chance at the River End when the score was 2.0 (I think)  the game could easily have been another nail biter.

I''m afraid AN has to go. Sorry.

Nutty...it is clear that AN has lost the dressing room. And just because Mark Robins said the other week that "that doesn''t happen", doesn''t make it true - as is evidenced by the teams current woeful performances.

The players we have do not want to play for this manager. They are not busting a gut for him and as mentioned above, it is because they don''t respect him. We should have gone for somebody who has achieved something in the game as a player and achieved success and promotions as a manager (Steve Bruce for example) The players must look at AN and think who the hell is this guy? Wow he once played for Barnsley - big deal. It''s no wonder they don''t respect him., especially with the internationals we have in the side. He''s clearly not learning from his errors, and is still making the same mistakes as last season. He is like a rabbit in headlights, for all his bravado and "tough man" approach that he likes to put on in the media.

If we sack him now, we still have a chance of making the playoffs, but we can forget about automatic promotion.

I think most people feel that way Beardo. The Canos one is mystifying. I''ve seen him quite a few times this season and have never thought he showed anything to make me want him to replace Jacob. Maybe there''s a problem with him settling?

I''m not suggesting keeping Alex Neil is the answer. I''m also not saying sacking him is the answer. I do think that long-term stability and youngsters could be the answer and I would love to see a young team I could really identify with wearing the shirts. Yoyo is not all it''s cracked up to be. Too many temporary signings that seem more like loans. Of course there are those that think we can throw money at it and become established PL. I''m not in that camp.

Great players do not always make great managers Alex

but i get exactly what you mean with AN

Lambert had both was a good manager and had the medal every player wants hanging round his neck

Thats why i would love Giggs here because he would gain instant respect now its a gamble of course but we could have one hell of a Manager here

we know you can get a Roy Keane or you get a Wenger who has never played or Jose

If i had a choice now Giggs or AN i would go Giggs every time i have seen what AN has to offer and that is not good enough

AN was great when he first came in but after we went up he has made mistake after mistake i very much doubt he would be in a job anywhere else

The Murphy''s are bang average I''m afraid. Apart from shooting from distance and occasionally getting lucky, what do they do? Not overly creative and not very intelligent footballers. They don''t defend much either. I know they''re our own but they really are just average Championship players.