Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Don't say 'He's a young manager and he's learning.'

Moxey I believe appointed Jackett at Wolves, not sure if he sacked him. I don''t want Jackett and I definitely don''t want Hodgson. Maybe it''s time to try and convince Mark Warburton that he doesn''t want to spend his time getting grief from Rangers fans for not beating Celtic.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 10/12/2016 9:03 PM:

Really?

OK.

Try and stay honest.

Don''t worry buddy, Nigel keeps telling me to be "honest" and accuses me of all sorts of stuff, but I''m just a City fan and the main reason I stay cool 😎 is because of RaysFund which I respect enormously for many reasons👍

It is getting embarrassing every week. Today out thought by a more inexperienced manager. Out fought by a team who haven''t won at home since august. Is this the level NCFC are happy to accept. The board have ceded promotion this year and after January sales we may be even more embarrassed. The away fans have been more than sold short this year. He has learnt nothing.

Any new manager will have to be precisely what we do not need and that is: another ''Yes!'' man.

I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again. Mavericks work at Norwich City just because they are the antithesis of the Owners, Board and fans. But don''t expect the current regime to subject themselves to that.

Regarding Alex Neil; the question I have to ask is: if he could make a team talk at half time which fired up the players then regardless of selection why couldn''t he have done this before the game kicked off? The fact he did this suggests he hasn''t lost the dressing room more that he was complacent.

It''s hard to deny that Yorkie

I''m in Brazil ATM so posting at all his time is normal. Interesting to see the late night posters at home 😀

[quote user="VanWink"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 10/12/2016 9:03 PM:

Really?

OK.

Try and stay honest.

Don''t worry buddy, Nigel keeps telling me to be "honest" and accuses me of all sorts of stuff, but I''m just a City fan and the main reason I stay cool 😎 is because of RaysFund which I respect enormously for many reasons👍[/quote]
Yesterday it was dementia you used for a spoon Winky. Today it''s Rays Funds. I''ll be interested to see what you bring out of your cultlery drawer tomorrow...
As for my buddy Kingo. I''ve decided that he probably didn''t see City2nd''s post when he jumped on mine. It would have been nice if he''d said so later though.

Whilst I''ll always appreciate ANs honest post match interviews, I don''t think admitting he got the team wrong was a smart idea.

At this stage, midway through the season, having most players from the year before too, we need to be getting our team right. Irrespective of that, the players are a bunch of lazy....so and sos at the moment and aren''t doing him any favours.

[quote user="hogesar"]Whilst I''ll always appreciate ANs honest post match interviews, I don''t think admitting he got the team wrong was a smart idea.

At this stage, midway through the season, having most players from the year before too, we need to be getting our team right. Irrespective of that, the players are a bunch of lazy....so and sos at the moment and aren''t doing him any favours.[/quote][Y]

I keep saying it''s not who we play, it''s how we play. to stand off our opponents, as in the first half, is suicide. We need to show more energy and close down faster,  also when losing 1-2 show a bit of urgency !

Lack of learning does seem to be a theme; Neil may be young as a manager and not learning; but the players are experienced and unable to do the basics. For example of defenders have dragged Klose down to their level

Hourihane showed what a little quality with a lot of graft and discipline can do; showed premier league Dorrans and Howson what a real box to box midfielder can do.

The scope of the rebuilding is stunning.

AN is part of the problem and without doubt should have had his P45 some time ago, but replacing him will not solve everything.

The club internally is a mess. To quote one employee there ''Since McNally gone, the lights have gone out''. (You could say that on the pitch too). Carrow Road and Colney is not a happy place to be and Moxey is not liked. Another one of Delia''s cronies who is the polar opposite of his predecessor and exactly what this club doesn''t need. Morale is very low on and off the pitch.

I''ll tell you how hopeless our board is - They rehearsed the AGM. Yes, they REHEARSED it! I couldn''t believe it when I first heard it, but nothing surprises me anymore.

Delia is becoming increasingly hands on, much to the chagrin of those around her and do not be taken in by the ''Promotion, Promotion, Promotion'' that Moxey came out with at the AGM. The club are not expecting to go up and the budget from the start of the season never factored in a potential promotion.

Even wondered why AN hasn''t been sacked yet? They never had any intention with going up. I have it on good authority that the only way AN will be sacked is if our Championship status is threatened.

Delia wants to NCFC to be and stay a Championship club. Do not be fooled in thinking otherwise. They know week in, week out, 26,000 will keep going, brainwashed by the club in believing that we are all ambitious in going back to the PL.

NCFC have the best fans, but are treated with contempt by the club. Time for that to change.

[quote user="komakino"]AN is part of the problem and without doubt should have had his P45 some time ago, but replacing him will not solve everything.

The club internally is a mess. To quote one employee there ''Since McNally gone, the lights have gone out''. (You could say that on the pitch too). Carrow Road and Colney is not a happy place to be and Moxey is not liked. Another one of Delia''s cronies who is the polar opposite of his predecessor and exactly what this club doesn''t need. Morale is very low on and off the pitch.

I''ll tell you how hopeless our board is - They rehearsed the AGM. Yes, they REHEARSED it! I couldn''t believe it when I first heard it, but nothing surprises me anymore.

Delia is becoming increasingly hands on, much to the chagrin of those around her and do not be taken in by the ''Promotion, Promotion, Promotion'' that Moxey came out with at the AGM. The club are not expecting to go up and the budget from the start of the season never factored in a potential promotion.

Even wondered why AN hasn''t been sacked yet? They never had any intention with going up. I have it on good authority that the only way AN will be sacked is if our Championship status is threatened.

Delia wants to NCFC to be and stay a Championship club. Do not be fooled in thinking otherwise. They know week in, week out, 26,000 will keep going, brainwashed by the club in believing that we are all ambitious in going back to the PL.

NCFC have the best fans, but are treated with contempt by the club. Time for that to change.[/quote]

Wow. Just wow. Club owners and supporters who don''t want the club to succeed? Just what planet do you inhabit? Failure will obviously maximise their investment won''t it? People love being vilified and spat at just for trying to do a job. Getting the sack is clearly their stated aim.

When you grow up a bit and/or gain some knowledge you''ll understand that AGM''s are always rehearsed so no surprise there. Would you rather they weren''t prepared so you could attack them for that too?

I don''t know Delia or Michael or any of the other Directors but do you really think they take pleasure in the team failing? Really? Cos if you do, you are really, really, really stupid. Or you''re really a scum fan.

Everyone is disappointed with the teams performances at the moment but, for Heaven''s sake, how can anyone believe that its deliberate? Of course Carrow Road and Colney are unhappy places - we are losing games.

Now - to the point of the OP. He is a young manager but he isn''t learning, unfortunately. He has been given his chance this season. Auto promotion is already gone and it isn''t even Christmas. But the playoffs remain possible until at least March so there is no point in panicking. We are not yet in danger of relegation.

The issue is who is out there. If we could genuinely get Hodgson or Allardyce I would make the change. Otherwise it really doesn''t make sense. I wouldn''t want Jackett or another "up and coming" young manager.

If the board want to get promoted - which my sources clearly said at the start of the season that the club are happy ''where they are'' - why are they keeping AN in charge? If they had any degree of ambition, he would of gone long ago. The club have no intention of going up.

The house is burning down, but some are too blind to see it.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Who was lazy yesterday?[/quote]Generally, not just yesterday, I don''t think many of the players have completely been giving their all.

If the players - several at the very least - are not playing for the manager, then why has he not been sacked if the club are ambitious as they claim (which I don''t believe for one minute)

[quote user="komakino"]Delia is becoming increasingly hands on, much to the chagrin of those around her[/quote]It sounds like Wynn-Jones lost control of her years ago. I should imagine part of the allure was having a woman who was a good cook but many books and television appearances later she''s got a thirst for power and a huge ego.Wynn-Jones should make clear its horses for courses and send her back into the kitchen.

It''s his job to motivate them and get the best out of them.

I''ve said for a couple of years that this squad needs a good clear out and freshening up. Far too many players have been here too long and have slipped back into the costa del Conley ways again.

ita gone stale.

He''s been here two years and has had a chance to refresh it, but created an unbalanced squad.

If he can''t motivate the players, it''s fair to come to the conclusion he has possibly lost them.

I''ve always given him the benefit of the doubt, he seemed to get this club back up and running and the fan base was united for the first time since PL.

But since the Brighton game I''ve wanted him relieved of his duties as I can''t see anything changing. Formation will never change despite not it not working for 18 moths.

Performances will continue to be inconsistent meaning a stay in this bloody league.

But I really can''t see anything happening soon, we seem to drag things out far too often.

Fair play to those that went yesterday 👍🏽

komakino wrote the following post at 11/12/2016 12:05 PM:

The club are not expecting to go up and the budget from the start of the season never factored in a potential promotion.

Not questioning your sources Komakino, but the club runs various budgets, for differing scenarios. Last year they were reworked a few times looking at staying up (more spent at Colney) and relegation (less spent at Colney). A budget at the start of this season is unlikely to take into account a promotion, until it happens, or becomes more likely. What would be the point in budgeting for £60m more than you may get?

I don''t believe for one second that the club doesn''t want promotion. the financial gains to individuals alone, as well as job security is clear. The bonuses for promotion go quite a long way down the structure.

Delia is an interesting one. She has a powerbase , which she looks to protect. I don''t think anyone would argue with that.  But possibly the most interesting is Moxey. Oddly, and not saying I am right , I have witnessed similarity in Moxey to DM, but I do think that DM had earned his stripes at the Club whereas Moxey hasn''t. Certainly no one argued with DM, he was the law on pretty much everything. Moxey role seems similar but isn''t proven so the jury is probably out . All transfers went through DM, and if the numbers didn''t work, it didn''t get progressed.

When DM went, so did many of the Clubs contacts. Hence the use of agents, even to find his replacement. One of the reasons (I''m guessing) that Moxey got the job was he was as similar to DM in terms of operation and experience as they could find.

I have no doubt that all isn''t well. But it wont be if the Club are losing. Whether they are fiddling whilst there is a strong smell of smoke remains to be seen.

(wonder what Roy Hodgson makes of it all)  

[quote user="komakino"]If the players - several at the very least - are not playing for the manager, then why has he not been sacked if the club are ambitious as they claim (which I don''t believe for one minute)[/quote]Any ambition stated by the Felixstowe 2 are just empty words as they are not wealthy enough for today''s game, and as they are not interested in listening to any investment offers that may come up, it doesn''t matter who the manager is, that isn''t where the real problem lies.  Some people on here are very ready to point the finger at Marcus Evans, it''s a very convenient example of a bad rich investor, shame that there isn''t a good one just down the road, then the convenience of being able to point the finger would be removed.  Not all rich investors are bad.

[quote user="komakino"]The club are not expecting to go up and the budget from the start of the season never factored in a potential promotion.[/quote]Based on the financial position outlined at the AGM, with a projected loss of several million pounds, and the severe implications for not getting promoted this season or next, plus our summer spending, which was comfortably more than we received for players leaving, I very much doubt that is true.

The board''s aim of sticking by their investment is admirable. However they have sat there for far too long blind to what is happening. Instead of cutting their losses their investment continues to plummet in value.

I think lazy isnt quite the right word.

Both goals yest were good example where the players were there yet absent, the competitive desire to win the ball, that edge was missing; the first from Brady, Josh, Bassong and finally the ambling Bennett and the second the not quite good enough clearance from bassong to the fact that both def mid got back, but neither were astute enough to patrol the 18 yard line when there was no deep opponent threat.

None were too lazy to get back, but there was a lack of thought and responsibility to own a situation - that hunger to

I get what CUSDP means about comfort; where is the players ambition? If our better players not eyeing a move away you have to question their drive, esp those at or near international or prem class.

I am worried about that AGM projected loss, If we don''t go up this year, are we going deeper and deeper in debt the following year, or do we cut our cloth accordingly and sell our best players ?

Selling our best players, at reduced prices because let''s face it who''s going to pay 8 million for Naismith or Brady after this year!

In the recent interview there was a view expressed by the owners that it would be good to have a manager in place for 10 years. Unfortunately, I suspect there will be much learning needed by the manager in both league one and league two. What price Bruce, Warnock or Lambert now?

Yep, Warnock has completely changed the fortunes of Cardiff and Lambert same at Wol.....oh wait.

[quote user="hogesar"]Yep, Warnock has completely changed the fortunes of Cardiff and Lambert same at Wol.....oh wait.[/quote]

not the point though....the point is could either of those or anyone else for that matter be getting more out of the players we have here at this club, not at other clubs.

I suspect yes and I also suspect you could give this squad to over half the other managers in this league and they''d be doing a better job with them.

hogesar wrote the following post at 11/12/2016 3:39 PM:

Yep, Warnock has completely changed the fortunes of Cardiff and Lambert same at Wol.....oh wait.

Completely incomparable jobs given the far greater talent here coupled with the boost to match day atmosphere had Lambert come back. Lambert with this squad would have had every game ending as a cricket score, for and against!