Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Don't say 'He's a young manager and he's learning.'

We have a great club. Every individual aspect is well above average for where we are at. The only problem is leadership.

said it before on here but the players aint good enough.Alex Neil or someone else isn''t going to make them good enough either.A few of them are very lucky to be at Norwich city, for others it is that Norwich are "their level"....the 3 or 4 decent ones will be gone in the summer.we''ll be down here a few seasons yet. some of our fans have become impatient and spoilt over the last few years.. perhaps 3 or 4 seasons losing to Preston might be the reality check.

That''s may well be right Syteanric but management is just not about picking the players. It''s also about seeing when it time to move people out, bringing in new players in positions that need strengthening in a balanced and planned way.

We had the money to spend. Millions have gone out on players who can''t get on the bench while glaring weaknesses remain in the squad. AN had a opportunity to develop and built a squad with more money available to him than any Norwich manager before him and he has patently failed.

Stating now that the players aren''t good enough is only a small part of the picture.

i would say the players are good enough the Manager is NOT

look at Aston Villa same players good leader

if we had good manager and good coaches we would be top 6

We have no system no style of play we do not have a settled side how are the players supposed to bond

we should have a style of play from the youth team right through to 1st team so everyone knows the job expected

I just don''t agree these players aren''t good enough.

Look through the squad- we''ve got a number of internationals, players with extensive Premier League experience and some real up and coming young talent. However they''re in a completely lopsided squad, managed by a man who can''t get them playing as a team.

Is it because I said you were being ''dishonest'' earlier?

If so it wasn''t the best choice of words- I think disingenuous would have been better.

CUSDP, looking at your avatar is it a ''but don''t look back in anger'' moment?

Kingo, it was because my post about the twins was in response to city2nd who had done what you called me for. If you read you will see I called him for it too.

So to be fair I don''t think I was being disanything.

Thanks CUSDP but I''m sure Kingo and I can sort this without your help buddy ☺

Very disappointed with Alex Neil today, he got it badly wrong. I raised an eyebrow when he started both Murphys away from home, my first thought was "Hmmmm ballsy" then I assumed that he knew something about Barnsley that I didn''t. But, as it turned out, he didn''t.Is it a product of our poor run that he has lost all courage of his convictions? Was he afraid of a fan backlash if he opted to change things after our win last week? Either way it points to him starting to feel the pressure.Worrying.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"] It''s about guts, desire, belief in the manager and system, confidence, team spirit. We patently haven''t got enough of it, or consistently enough and the manager can''t instill it or engender it except for brief periods.[/quote]
[quote user="Hairy Canary"]We had the money to spend. Millions have gone out on players who can''t get on the bench while glaring weaknesses remain in the squad. AN had a opportunity to develop and built a squad with more money available to him than any Norwich manager before him and he has patently failed [/quote]
You''ve summed it up for me Hairy with your two posts. I''ve stayed positive up to now but  with Alex saying that he''d got the first half team selection wrong because he was worried about the criticism  he''d received if he changed it, I''m now worried. That sounds  to me like a man who has lost his confidence in his decision making.  Mr Moxey & his board have a big decision to make because if we lose against Villa we could be in the bottom half of the table and the top two spots will be a distant dream, though for most of us they already are.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It seemed like he felt the pressure in his interview Morty.[/quote]Not seen it yet.I think the end is pretty near now. Its not how I wanted it to turn out, because I buy into the stability and longevity thing, but his position in becoming untenable.I think if they don''t do it before, he''ll go on Tuesday. Because I''m really not confident of us beating Villa.

As I''ve mentioned before, up until a few weeks ago I was very pro-Neil and was defending him from his detractors.

However he''s completely lost me recently. His team selections at times have lacked logic. He admitted he got it wrong today - so why did he pick those players in the first place? I heard him mention that he thought he get stick from fans if he''d have changed last weeks team - be your own man Alex, this is a baffling thing to say.

Unfortunately several of his recent interviews have sounded like a man under extreme pressure that is or has run out of ideas on how to get the best out of this squad. When a comfortable 5-0 win is a blip in our awful form you know there''s a major problem. Quite simply we''ve been in relegation form all calendar year and it''s continuing.

Several of the players warrant criticism, but as we know they can''t all be sacked - although a gradual overhaul has been needed for at least two years now. Looks like we need a new manager with some fresh ideas, and a short term "bump" to get us out of this run (just like AN did in 14/15).

You mention Villa there Morty. They have a decent squad at this level that were floundering around. They sacked the manager and got in a very experienced manager who is a bit of a promotion expert. They have now gone on an excellent run and will overtake us with a win. Definite parallels with us there.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]You mention Villa there Morty. They have a decent squad at this level that were floundering around. They sacked the manager and got in a very experienced manager who is a bit of a promotion expert. They have now gone on an excellent run and will overtake us with a win. Definite parallels with us there.[/quote]I really struggle to come up with a name though. Unless we go down the road of poaching another Championship manager.I don''t buy into the Roy Hodgson thing, as whoever we get in really is going to have to hit the ground running, we don''t have time for him to learn about the Championship, and I doubt Roy spends his free time learning about Championship sides.Lets hope the board has a few names in mind.

Having come off the fence two weeks ago, saying Neil should go irrespective of whatever the Brentford result was...he really does not seem to be learning how to use one of the - on paper - best squads in the Championship. And now giving an interview in which he admits having got it wrong today only backs up that view. It is also either panicky desperation or a high-risk strategy, since it is the kind of admission a board of directors might seize on to make a decision.

Kenny Jackett unfortunately has to come into the equation though given previous relationships! I sincerely hope not but can really see that happening.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]It seemed like he felt the pressure in his interview Morty.[/quote]Not seen it yet.I think the end is pretty near now. Its not how I wanted it to turn out, because I buy into the stability and longevity thing, but his position in becoming untenable.I think if they don''t do it before, he''ll go on Tuesday. Because I''m really not confident of us beating Villa.[/quote]It does look pretty terminal Morty. Like most on here I was pleased he kept virtually the same team as last week but the players didn''t respond. The first half was a shambles and to be fair the changes at HT did make a difference but we''re now lurching from week to week and that''s no way to carry on. If AN can''t motivate the players then he needs to go.Like you I''m not at all confident that we''ll beat Villa never mind Huddersfield.It''s time for the P45.

I see lot of people saying Higgs and I''d be happy to see him in along with an experienced second or even the likes of a Gary Neville.

Who knows but I don''t think we''ll see a change anytime soon unless he walks.

If I had a choice for me it would be Warburton but with Rangers now second we have little chance of tempting him here.