Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Don't say 'He's a young manager and he's learning.'

Methinks someone is about to put his jacket on 😉

And someone may be getting his coat on....

The board needs to decide what way they want to go. Do we go all out to try and win promotion this year with players who have proven not good enough in the past, or do we have a big clear out and go with younger players which may take another year or two to bear fruit?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Don''t say he can''t change it mid game either...[/quote]

Too little, too late after an initially idiotic team selections though.

He changed it, we still lost because of him.

Was that a good move Nutty, how do we not know had Pritchard stayed on with more ball possessions we might have nicked a draw?

Mulumbu should have come on Dorrans, Barnsley sat back and defended the last thirty minutes and Pritchard might have just unlocked that defence!

I don''t think it matters what starting 11 he puts out as there is serious unrest within the squad. I know this as fact but obviously unable to say how before anyone asks!!

Wanted to see Hoolahan for the third sub after 75/80

He put on Lafferty for the last 4 minutes

You don''t know what he''s learning obviously it''s not being an effective manager if it is being a poor manager he''s learning exceptionally well.

Well Mulumbus introduction was a coincidence to us upping the performance Indy. But you''re right we don''t know. Maybe Barnsley were just poor second half and we''d have won with no changes with Josh scoring the winner.

On balance I think mulumbu for Pritchard was the catalyst.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I honestly thought olsson would''ve started pushing Brady up.

Maybe the change at half time backs that up[/quote]That would have been the logical selection. Neither Murphy is strong in the tackle and to play both of them without Tettey in midfield seems lunacy away from home.

Yes it sounded like Mulumbu made a difference when he came on- I was sceptical about the change but it did seem to work.

However I agree with the OP- he''s been here for nearly two years and we don''t look any closer to solving our defensive issues- if anything they''ve got worse.

No I agree, Mulumbu last time when he came on was upbeat and looking to inject a better performance, I just don''t think it should have been for Pritchard.

Dorrans & Howson are supposed to be good enough to be premiership regulars and should cope with a midfield of Barnsley who played two up top!

Still we lost so not the great change made by AN, ultimately he failed to change the game again.

@CUDSP

I can understand him not wanting to move Brady though- he mentioned after the game that he thinks he''s a better left back and he probably wanted the back four that finally kept a clean sheet to stay together.

Indy, I think we are less likely to concede with mulumbu than Pritchard. More likely to score with Pritchard than mulumbu. Had mulumbu started we would have had more chance of winning the fight before winning the game. So maybe with hindsight we should have started mulumbu and brought on Pritchard. But nobody suggested changing a winning team before the game.

Results are the judge. If the team lose the manager is at fault. But trying to use hindsight to make out we knew best all along is alien to me.

I post my opinion. And try and keep it honest. I never see you post before the game Rudolph. That must help your arrogance no end....

I was happy with the team selection and thought we would get a few goals. I didn''t notice too many posters complaining when the team was announced so I am assuming most people were happy too. To be slagging the manager for his selection is unfair, and the changes he made did work.

The problem is that you can''t judge the manager by analysis of an individual game, you have to look at the results overall with the resources he has available. On that measure you can only draw one conclusion.

I wont criticise his team selection today, had we have made changes from a 5-0 win and lost you can imagine the outcry.

what I will criticise is the players'' lack of heart and fight....its debatable of what percentage that comes from the players themselves and from the manager.

What is certain now is that after 6 defeats in 7 we are now at the stage where the only course of action that can be taken is that its easier to replace one manager rather than 11 players.

top 2 has gone, gamble any longer and we risk top 6

Trouble is Irvine is a big part of our failings this season. It''s him and AN who coach our defence!

What team would you pick Beardo?

I think I''d go with the side that finished today''s game. Or maybe replace the centrbacks but it does seem the worst ones are always the ones playing.

He''s learning nothing, and nor are the players! I mean we have a happy clapper delighted that both Murphys started the match.....but in fact I would suggest bith, particularly Josh, are going backwards. Josh is a shadow of the player he was, and being coached by the hapless AN is doing nothing for him, or his brother. Their tactical ability, tracking back and tackling is now non existent. And then we have a manager who admits in the post match media scramble that "I think I picked the wrong team"

No s**t, Alex.

So nobody else could take any joy from the twins starting together for the first time. Thank the Lord I''m not bitter and twisted. I''d absolutely hate to be some of you....