Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

What stops us being successful

Southampton have done it Leicester did why can''t we ,we get a full house at every home match ,good support away yet always fail when we get a chance to improve and establish ourselves as a quality club .

Lack of investment is my suggestion .

Being a small-time club with a small-time attitude and "just happy to be there" whenever we are in the top flight are the main reasons.

Delia and the Norfolk old folk who love our saviour!

we''re in the same position as we were back in 95/96 relegated, going into debt, shite team and an owner up their own backside not looking at what''s best for the club just hanging on to it as long as they can!

There will be the normal old folk here soon to tell you different!

Small time owners trying to cling on to a time that has long gone.

Leicester and Southampton are one poor season away from being where we are now. I could just see the Hysteria in our fan base if we did what Southampton did and sell off our star players season on season.

Small time owner attitudes coupled with poor judgment on football matters at board level and a terrible manager.

In any walk of life, sometimes you have to take a risk or two to get up that ladder to the top, this club just sidesteps or takes the cheap option again and again. RVW was the one time they pushed the boat out, seems that shambolic failure of a signing will be as good as it gets. Worrying times ahead as other clubs like even Brighton etc who are now looking far more forward thinking and ambitious, are leaving us trailing in their wake.

We are about where we should be in the football pyramid. Sometimes we are better sometimes worse but around 30th is the longterm average.

Reality can be cruel but when everything else goes away it is what remains.

I would say the main thing that separates us from those teams is our shambolic scouting/recruitment system. Or maybe that should be systems considering we''ve churned through more chief scouts than managers in recent years.

True Grit

Thought you were on a mission at Blyth Spartans this afternoon looking for talent for a Premiership Club or was it all in your mind

Depends what you mean by succesful but overall I would say that we have been succesful, and to a certain extent, we still are. People tend to measure these things in terms of expectation versus reality.If you don''t think that we are succesful then you need to lower your expectation level because the reality is that we ain''t never gonna be a Club that will win things in the PL.This is your lot as a supporter of NCFC, always was and always will be.

Inept yuppy board poor manager predominantly poor managerial selections poor coaching poor recruitment then every few seasons we get a decent manager/side but doesn''t last long

Hope you don''t mind an outsiders opinion? This isn''t a dig as we have a lot in common WBA and Norwich. Roughly the same size clubs. Both done our fair share of Yo-Yoing. There comes a point where that HAS to stop. That for us happenend in 09/10, when RDM was replaced by Hodgson. If you don''t mind me saying, it seems like Norwich always pushes for the Prem, but, when you get there the board doesn''t invest intelligently enough to stay. I have to say I don''t rate Jez Moxey. At Wolves he was protected by Mick McCarthy''s skill as manager. Search Wolves forums for the horror stories If Neil were to go, I think Hodgson would be a better call than Rowatt as Manager. Forget England, he has massive experirence at both club and international level. He could get you up and stablise the club with the right investment. Rowatt''s done a stella job at the Blues, however, he''s never been promoted. I just think if you''d be in the same place as Hughton and Neil a couple of years down the road

Hi Baggie, completely agree with you. Don''t see why so many of our supporters are against Hodgson, I think he''d be quite a coup, masses of experience. Good luck for the season, hope you beat Man U.

To be fair Woy would be a good choice. He has just the right pedigree in managing a club lie West Brom, who as Baggie correctly says have many hints in common with us.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Being a small-time club with a small-time attitude and "just happy to be there" whenever we are in the top flight are the main reasons.[/quote]this!culture comes from the top and the Smiths are happy for us to be little Norwich on our big adventure.