Sign in to follow this  
Dr Greenthumb

Jacob Murphy

Jacob was ok. He is not the problem.

I hope his brother will sign a new contract but I dont think he will.

Completely disagree Vanwink. Every time he had the ball, he made the wrong decision trying to take on sometimes two or three players, when he could''ve played a one-two, or simple past to release an unmarked player. He doesn''t quite have the strength to fend off and hold the ball up either. He just tries to knock the ball past a defender, and hope that he can continue his run. He lost the ball so many times tonight. Needs a rest.

A couple of good efforts but largely a liability, gave the ball away far too much trying to take on 3 players.

An odd person to select....i thought he wore the shirt with pride and did his best. There were others who were more invisible.

Beaten by a very decent team tonight. We should accept that we are where we are for a whole range of reasons. It''s not about Jacob or any other one player.

When he won the ball & set up Olly''s chance I thought he''d added some beef to his game. Unfortunately not so.

He''s a bit too lightweight & doesn''t provide enough movement off the ball. he''s starting to look another ''nearly'' player. A shame.

[quote user="ron obvious"]When he won the ball & set up Olly''s chance I thought he''d added some beef to his game. Unfortunately not so.

He''s a bit too lightweight & doesn''t provide enough movement off the ball. he''s starting to look another ''nearly'' player. A shame.[/quote]

But early to be saying that! But he''s at a key stage of his development and requires proper coaching and adequate rest to prevent burnout. None of which he''s currently getting.

Of all the players to select for criticism, unbelievable. He is learning his trade and was by far not the worst performer. Not many could really hold their heads high.

I thought he was positive tonight, it just didn''t come off. To be fair there was often two or three on him so it was up to the rest of the team to take advantage of the space elsewhere and switch the play quicker.

As a young player and especially as a winger he''s going to blow hot and cold he''ll be learning a lot right now and he''s hardly being a passenger.

At least he kept trying things.

He''s a genuine talent and the rest if that team should be strong enough to cope and let him have a go.

Instead of querying him, how about Brady?!? Hopeless again tonight and a real disgrace given how good he can be. He epitomises what''s wrong with us at moment...players with talent who don''t try or care. I bet he has his bags packed and car full of petrol just waiting for transfer window

Odd target. One of the few who took the game to Huddersfield. Someone mentioned him losing the ball a lot- this often seemed to be because he was left totally isolated without any options. Huddersfield also did a good job of pinning Pinto back so Jacob didn''t have much in the way of overlap to help him.

Certainly isn''t lightweight. Has a great attitude and to close players down when we haven''t got the ball. He must have worked really hard and its that strength and determination that''s got him in front of his brother. Fully deserves his place in the team.

Thought Jacob gave it a good go to be honest. At times he gave the ball away, obviously, he''s a winger! Thought he was sometimes forced into having to take on an extra players as he had limited options and Pinto struggled to provide the same support as he did on Tuesday.

put it this way... Jacob is being paid about £5k to £10k a week to be an average championship winger, Brady is on 4x that to be worse! I know where my vitorol is directed. would rather johnson was back.

as I said before, too many overpaid morons... Jacob is not one of them.

[quote user="sonyc"]Of all the players to select for criticism, unbelievable. He is learning his trade and was by far not the worst performer. Not many could really hold their heads high.[/quote]

I''m not blaming him for defeat, the worst player on the pitch last night was Dorrans, but Murphy is consistently quiet ATM. Worst game I''ve seen him have was vs Villa. Would never scapegoat one player. I blame this terrible manager for everything. He coaches and picks the team, playing his out of form favourites and misshandling the others, he is the one that needs dropping and blaming!

Murphy seems to have has post-contract syndrome! Lightweight, slow-moving, half-hearted tackling - looks knackered. I''d say that''s down to mindset more than anything. He''s lost his way as a result of being led by a manager who''s lost his way...

Jacob is certainly not the weak link, he is still very much in the development stage, his tendency to overdo things will improve with experience and good coaching, only time will tell if he goes on to be the player we all believe he can be. Certainly not to blame last night.

Only Brady of the middle options played better IMO, and held an attacking threat most of the game, occasionally made the wrong choice, far better than v villa.

That does not mean he was without flaws, we needed to match their high energy in defence, and he and howson in the first half were simply inadequate in that regard.

However to call jacob out when he was significantly better than howson, Mulumbu and dorrans is misguided

The problem with Murphy is that when you play a 4-2-3-1 formation you need your ''3'' to be fluid and interchangeable with pass and hold possession. Like Brady, Hoolahan, Naismith, Pritchard and Howson.

Murphy was to be direct and run with the ball, which isolates him. It also means he often gives the ball away and results in us not being able to hold position in danergous areas.

None of this is Murphys fault, it''s completely AN''s. He''s playing him out of position and in a role he''s not suited to do. Murphy is a wide player and needs playing in that way.

You''ve obviously not read the Norwich City Fan Guideline Handbook which clearly states ''thou shall not criticize a youth player regardless of how poor he plays''

Straight from the Plastic Moderator Guideline Handbook ''thou shall not disagree with posts criticising what I don''t want criticised''.

As much as I like Murphy I personally think he''s gone off the boil in recent weeks.

What else do we do tho, clearly his brother isn''t quite as good. Canos is...... well who knows where he is. Playing Brady one side and someone like Pritchard or Naimsith on the other wing leaves us a bit short pace further forward.

Maybe Jarvis if he can get and stay fit may do a job at this level.