Sign in to follow this  
Happy Clapper

What did you have for tea today?

Vegan sausage, I wanted something less complicated as I was going to see the specials at the UEA. Last thing you want in the middle of a gig is a "reaction" to your tea.

Home made burgers mmmm, sounds fantastic, got me thinking Mrs Less can do my favourite, home made Burger With Feta-Yogurt Sauce, Tomato, and Mint, sounds like Friday will not be fish night !!

Lessingham, am really fancying burgers now. Got me smoked haddock tonight so can''t change that, but maybe burgers tomorrow.

I don''t suppose Mrs L would share her recipe with us would she?

Got a nice M&S fish casserole with mash. Stawberry trifle to follow. And a nice bottle of wine that''s already been salted away in the cupboard....

I actually found it easier to roll by Maccy D''s and have someone else make my burger.[:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Got a nice M&S fish casserole with mash. Stawberry trifle to follow. And a nice bottle of wine that''s already been salted away in the cupboard....[/quote]If strawberry trifle washed down with salted wine does it for you Nutty who am I to argue ? [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Got a nice M&S fish casserole with mash. Stawberry trifle to follow. And a nice bottle of wine that''s already been salted away in the cupboard....[/quote]I assume it had the usual yellow reduced label Nutty ?

It was all good chaps, she only did home made onion rings as a surprise!

Jack Daniels was on offer at coop, every day''s a good day.

Certainly VS, her secret is in the quality of the ingredients especially the beef, must be local, Lean ground beef, crushed sea salt and black pepper, olive oil, (plus extra for the grill) fresh sliced country bread (no buns in our house), 1/2cup low-fat Greek yogurt, approx 4 ounces crumbled Feta, 1 large tomato, sliced into thick slices, 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves,

Then Heat grill to medium-high. Form the beef into four ¾-inch-thick burger, make a shallow hole in the top of each burger. (stops overplumping during cooking.) Season with a total of ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Oil the grill well and cook the burgers with the holes facing up for 4 minutes. Turn and same again, brush the bread with the oil and grill until lightly toasted, In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt with the Feta. Form sandwiches with the bread, burgers, Feta-yogurt sauce, tomato, and mint. and then enjoy sheer heaven and better than sex, well lasts longer, just.

[quote user="Vegan Sausage"]Thanks LC and Morty. Two I''m definitely going to try there. The meatballs would be good to have after a match.[/quote]Love a slow cooker recipe thats ready for you post match!

Jacket spud with tuna and cheese melt. Strawberry cheesecake. Cuppa.

Funny thing with jacket potato. Never fancy it but find I always enjoy it after all.

Shepherds pie. Don''t normally have afters but Mrs Frank had some friends round today and there was some meringue left 😀

Two double gins and a slap up home made curry, followed by dark chocolate tart with double cream. Just loosening my belt.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Jacket spud with tuna and cheese melt. Strawberry cheesecake. Cuppa.

Funny thing with jacket potato. Never fancy it but find I always enjoy it after all.[/quote]

This - both that I had baked spud tonight (although I did scoop out the potato and mash it with cheddar, cottage cheese and black pepper), and for many years I was surprised quite how much I enjoyed it, despite seeing it as a bit of a non-meal. I''ve come to terms with it now though, it''s a frequent treat.