Sign in to follow this  
Happy Clapper

What did you have for tea today?

lake district canary wrote the following post at 09/11/2016 1:46 PM:

I have lunch at around 1.00, tea around 5.00 and dinner around 7.00. Never have supper.

You sound like you may be a greedy beggar to me, lunch tea and dinner indeed!

So the dictionary says you could have 2 Dinners a day, but no (meal) Tea? Mmm

Dinner is halfway through the day, and Tea is early evening, for me

[quote user="raunds canary"]what time would brunch be .....[/quote]Around 11-11:30am IMHO, replacing ''Elevenses'' with a more substantial meal.

I have to say I''m leaning to the LDC position. I used to work near a slaughterhouse, & the screams of the terrified animals I sometimes heard was sickening.

Really I think in an ideal world we should only eat creatures if we''re prepared to kill them ourselves. It would certainly concentrate the mind.

Which reminds me, where''s that recipe for Corbyn fritters ...

[quote user="ron obvious"]Really I think in an ideal world we should only eat creatures if we''re prepared to kill them ourselves. It would certainly concentrate the mind.[/quote]I know you said ''ideal'' world Ron, but who has the time to take an hour or so out of work or similar to drive to a nearby slaughterhouse, kill an animal, clean and dress it, then drop it off at home (presumably in an industrial size freezer) before returning to work as normal?Or are we adding this on top of a full day''s work instead?I also firmly believe that if we carried on with the style of thinking towards animals and food, we''d end up making ourselves extinct (or at least REALLY badly evolved going forwards)...

A slow braised piece of boneless lamb shoulder with roast potatoes, broccoli and carrots served with a meat juice jus and mint washed down with a rather fine Margaux.

Dinner, quite simply, is the main meal of the day, whether it is midday, late afternoon or in the evening.

I usually have mine around 6 o''clock.

[quote user="raunds canary"]supper used to be had after the Sweeney or the professionals had finished at 10pm[/quote]Isn''t supper when you stagger back home at closing time, find a tin and wolf down it''s contents like an animal without knowing what it is ? [:D]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ron obvious"]Really I think in an ideal world we should only eat creatures if we''re prepared to kill them ourselves. It would certainly concentrate the mind.[/quote]I know you said ''ideal'' world Ron, but who has the time to take an hour or so out of work or similar to drive to a nearby slaughterhouse, kill an animal, clean and dress it, then drop it off at home (presumably in an industrial size freezer) before returning to work as normal?Or are we adding this on top of a full day''s work instead?I also firmly believe that if we carried on with the style of thinking towards animals and food, we''d end up making ourselves extinct (or at least REALLY badly evolved going forwards)...[/quote]Indy, I don''t judge those who choose to eat meat, so how about you get off your high horse and let vegetarians make their own choices?(And provide some evidence for this supposed deficiency of a veggie diet while you''re at it.)

Bangers and mash with onion gravy.

Sausages from Archers of course.

Home made onion gravy.

Cream, butter, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to do the mash.

Slow cooked Pork belly that had marinated for 24 hrs in cider, colemans mustard mash, savoy cabbage and peas.

It was the first time she''d made it, i hope it wont be the last.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Slow cooked Pork belly that had marinated for 24 hrs in cider, colemans mustard mash, savoy cabbage and peas.

It was the first time she''d made it, i hope it wont be the last.[/quote]
Ooh stop it; you''re making me dribble.
Chicken en croute (from a packet; urgh!) last night. Pizza (from a packet) tonight. Wonderful (!)

Ah ok Ron, now I understand. Just thought it might be a bit of light relief😀

Anyway I''ve just got me a large piece of smoked haddock, not the dyed sort, will probably just poach it, maybe put a drop of milk in there, and have simply with boiled spuds and some peas for tea tonight, knob of butter on there and some vinegar.

Thursday night, home made burgers in toasted buns, with home made fries.

Chocolate fudge cake as dessert.

Couple of beers or so.

I''m getting on the burgers for dinner idea well, might buy some nice burger relish to go with it. Nom!