Sign in to follow this  
Happy Clapper

What did you have for tea today?

I''ve had a hotpot containing chopped veg, a mix of different beans and lamb heart. The secret is in getting the right mix of fruit, herbs, spices and condiment flavours.I buy nearly all my ingredients from the local Tesco stores, and don''t think you can beat offal as a dietary source of meat. It takes me 2 hours to cook and lasts a few days.

Same as FTW.  Linda McCartney sausages (not as nice as they used to be, have they changed the recipe?), beans, broccoli, mashed potatoes (Lady Balfour - delicious!), beetroot and tomatoes.  Followed with a biolive yoghurt and a cup of redbush.

Just reminds me of Frankie Boyle on mock the week.

"Yes, there is a vegetarian option. You can f*ck off"

[quote user="hogesar"]Just reminds me of Frankie Boyle on mock the week.

"Yes, there is a vegetarian option. You can f*ck off"[/quote]

I''m not a vegetarian, but the more I see the way animals are treated, the more I am heading in that direction.  Seeing live animals  squashed into lorries like sardines in a can, chickens thrown into crates with broken bones and carted up and down the motorway, which I see regularly up here, makes my stomach churn. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"]Just reminds me of Frankie Boyle on mock the week.

"Yes, there is a vegetarian option. You can f*ck off"[/quote]

I''m not a vegetarian, but the more I see the way animals are treated, the more I am heading in that direction.  Seeing live animals  squashed into lorries like sardines in a can, chickens thrown into crates with broken bones and carted up and down the motorway, which I see regularly up here, makes my stomach churn.[/quote]I totally agree with the cruelty involved in most livestock farming. But it''s worth paying the extra to get organic meat, which is pretty much always free-range and more humane.Vegetarianism is not ideal healthwise, but better than veganism which is really bad. There''s a lot of pro-vegan propaganda which is just plain wrong and daft. Most of them are on lots of supplements (eg vitamin B12), in a vain attempt mitigate what their diet lacks.

Breaded fish (of some sort; dunno what) from a packet (urgh!) and some oven fries (urgh!). Felt a bit grim afterwards.

I always plan on having one day a week where I''m vegetarian, it seems to work well and there''s a wide variety. The rest of the week it''s eat anything!

[quote user="Vegan Sausage"]Home made beef pie, chips peas and gravey for me.

Bloomin'' lovely it was.[/quote][quote user="Chip20"]Breaded fish (of some sort; dunno what) from a packet (urgh!) and some oven fries (urgh!). Felt a bit grim afterwards.[/quote]Sausage and Chip20 eh!You two sound delicious. [:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Seeing live animals  squashed into lorries like sardines in a can, chickens thrown into crates with broken bones and carted up and down the motorway, which I see regularly up here, makes my stomach churn.[/quote]As did your description of the ''meal'' you had...I think they eat better in Peruvian prisons tbh...

I ate SO much Pizza Hut buffet at lunch time, I didn''t even need to have anything for dinner.

Curse the person who invented Cajun chicken and roquito pepper pizza...

[quote user="AJ"]I ate SO much Pizza Hut buffet at lunch time, I didn''t even need to have anything for dinner.

Curse the person who invented Cajun chicken and roquito pepper pizza...[/quote]Good call AJ [:D]Personally I get 2 plates for PH Buffet, 1 for the pizza, and 1 to dump all the crusts on! It means I can eat WAY more pizza than normal, usually aiming for around 15-18 slices if poss [:D]

Great shout back at you Indy!

The topping is never fully to the edge, why waste untopped bread when it''s all you can eat?!

I can never work out if I like the garlic bread they give with the buffet or not though...

And to whoever asked, no ice cream factory for me - it''s all about that cookie dough dessert!

Also so glad someone else bought this up as I was itching to say something.

TEA - tea

tiː/Submit

noun

a hot drink made by infusing the dried crushed leaves of the tea plant in boiling water.

"Katherine sipped her tea"

the evergreen shrub or small tree which produces tea leaves, native to southern and eastern Asia and grown as a major cash crop.

verbarchaic

drink tea or take afternoon tea.

"I teaed with Professor Herron"

Dinner: dinner

ˈdɪnə/Submit

noun

the main meal of the day, taken either around midday or in the evening.

a formal evening meal, typically one in honour of a person or event.

That should settle that one!