Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Build around Pritchard?

Quick post. Pleased for Nelson today plus some welcome good performances from captain Howson and Pinto (potential pots already?). But I want our team to be built around Pritchard. He is an absolute dynamo. Great to see him played now and hope he stays in the team for a long time. No tinkering.

Yep he was an absolute joy to watch it has to be him OR wes not him AND wes

If you do both then you are in lampard and gerrard situation and they are tripping up over each other

Was excellent today!

For me i feel we could rotate him and Wes for the rest of the season. Helps to keep both fresh and both playing.

We will need both and eventually Maddison this season!

Snake

[quote user="king canary"]For me Pritchard isn''t the future, he''s the present. Wes will have to make do with the bench for now.[/quote]I agree.  I don''t see Wes running a game to the extent that Pritchard did today, nor do I see Pritchard running up dead ends like Wes has a tendency to do at times, and then losing possession.

Been saying exactly this. So glad he''s took his chance. Genuinely feel he''s an upgrade on Wes.

Both have a massive part to play if it''s going to be a successful season

[quote user="Buh"]Yep he was an absolute joy to watch it has to be him OR wes not him AND wes

If you do both then you are in lampard and gerrard situation and they are tripping up over each other[/quote]

Spot on Buh, the only time it worked was against the team marooned at the bottom of the table which is hardly much of a marker. Pritchard IS best when he can roam free in that No 10 role. Ok Brentford were shocking but there was so much quality in his passing and general play, he will surely be a handful for any team in this league.

Agree with Buh.

I feel we break more quickly with Pritchard as he is more direct than Wes and is quicker. Wes does things that other players don''t see and IMO is more likely to pick open a packed defence.

Both have a part to play but yes I think we will gradually see more of Pritchard, and therefore less of Wes.

Bloody brilliant today, Pritchard was like a awes on blue smarties!

Saying that, Murphy was fantastic, his link up play with the superb Pinto and the calming influence of Dorrans / Howson combo allowed Oliviera to be involved, another player with a great game. A word for Brady too, his best game in a long while.

Have to mention a solid game by Naismith, but he just looks knackered from the start.

Superb high tempo game, well done all and AN got it right today, Pritchard / Murphy is our key to this season!

The Brentford fans won''t have been surprised to see that performance from Pritchard, he was a class act when he played for them, I was delighted when we signed him and have been so dissapointed that we haven''t seen much of him.

We will see a lot more of the same from now on IMO.

Wes epitomised so many things that were wrong last week, slow build up, too much sideways passing and lack of cutting edge.Pritch was the exact opposite today. Wes has been a great servant, but his time is coming to an end.

What with Pritch, Ja Murphy, Brady and Pinto on song we are seriously good going forward. So much faster tempo in the side when Pritchard is playing.

I honestly feel that was one of the best performances I''ve seen in a yellow shirt in recent years. It truly felt like something was going to happen every time he touched the ball.

I think it''s been hard for him being a young player but having a year out after a brilliant season on loan at Brentford. With some luck he can build on that performance and make the no10 position his own.

Seems strange that some players have a bad performance but still continually get picked (Brady) but players like Pritchard puts in a bad one and can''t make the bench for the next 2.

Surely he''s a better option from the bench than Wes as he can also play either wing. Hoolahan is 1 of those players who should start or not feature at all.

We have a decent squad. So the manager gets wrong when he uses it and wrong when he doesn''t? You can''t have it both ways just because he doesn''t pick the players that are your favourites.

I get the feeling Neil doesn''t really like Pritchard. I can''t think of any other explanation as to why he wouldn''t even make the bench. He seems to be on the shortest leesh of anyone in the squad - 45 bad minutes and he''s out of the squad.

There are lots of things wrong, but some seem to change their tune about what, depending on what suits them at the time. If Pritchard was training well and warranted a place in the team I''m sure he''d get one.

This one has got me stumped. I don''t see how we can afford to leave him out of the side. He must be injured or have a personal problem he is dealing with?

Pritchard, Klose and Naismith...

25mil worth of players we have brought in the last 12months that can''t even get into the team

You can''t certainly say that Neil hasnt been financially backed