Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Other teams we also support

[quote user="KiwiScot"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]

Ditto with the 49ers. The season did start well though.

Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball. The Killer B''s of the late 80''s.

Wellington Hurricanes Rugby Team.

Miramar Rangers Football Team who many City players guested for in the 80''s.[/quote]Spent a bit of time in New Zealand? I lived a year in Wellington. Great place and the Canes won the Superleague title this year.[/quote]

Lived in Wellington (Miramar) for six years in the 70''s. Saw City beat the NZ national team 5-0 at Newmarket Park, Aucklnad and the next day the stand collapsed!! Met the boys the next day at the airport. I think they were surpised to see so many decked out in Y&G.

Played against Wynton and Shane Rufer when they were youngsters. Shane looked the better player in those days.

I love the Canes. So disappointed the previous season but delighted last season. Their headquarters are the old Rugby League ground. But I think they train at Scots College which is on the opposite side of Broadway to Miramar.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="KiwiScot"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]

Miramar Rangers Football Team who many City players guested for in the 80''s.[/quote]Spent a bit of time in New Zealand? I lived a year in Wellington. Great place and the Canes won the Superleague title this year.[/quote]

Lived in Wellington (Miramar) for six years in the 70''s. Saw City beat the NZ national team 5-0 at Newmarket Park, Aucklnad and the next day the stand collapsed!! Met the boys the next day at the airport. I think they were surpised to see so many decked out in Y&G.

Played against Wynton and Shane Rufer when they were youngsters. Shane looked the better player in those days.

I love the Canes. So disappointed the previous season but delighted last season. Their headquarters are the old Rugby League ground. But I think they train at Scots College which is on the opposite side of Broadway to Miramar.[/quote]The 70''s wow I thought it was old fashioned when I was there, but that would be another world. I was there to see New Zealand beat Bahrain to qualify for the World Cup.

I lived in Cheltenham for quite a while and used to work for the main sponsors for Cheltenham Town. The company had a draw before every home game to win tickets so I got the chance to go to a  home game every now and then and I developed a soft spot for them, even though the football was generally terrible.Other than that there''s only really the Cleveland Indians that I follow closely. They had a great season this year and were one win away from winning the MLB Championship. I''m hoping to go see them play the Cincinnati Reds in the Ohio Cup in May and if they can go one game better at the end of next season I''ll be over the moon.

I have lived in Bristol for a while now but can''t switch from the team that I grew up with. I would rather drive 100 miles to see an away game than the 2 miles to the Rovers stadium.

Football support is an emotional thing for me. I take my youngest to watch Bristol City but cannot get excited if they win or lose.

However I keep an eye out for the Las Palmas score as I have seen them a few times.. They are also called The Canaries . The crowd chant " pio pio." which translates as ""cheep cheep!

They don''t understand why we don''t do the same.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Iwan , I thought the Indians were unlucky last season, absolutely mullered the Red Sox[/quote]We just came up against a really good Cubs side in the World Series and us missing two or three starters from our rotation made it even more difficult. They gave it a good go though and hopefully next season Tito can do for us what he did for you and break our drought.On a side note, the Majors won''t be the same next season without Big Papi.

[quote user="KiwiScot"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="KiwiScot"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]

I love the Canes. So disappointed the previous season but delighted last season. Their headquarters are the old Rugby League ground. But I think they train at Scots College which is on the opposite side of Broadway to Miramar.[/quote]The 70''s wow I thought it was old fashioned when I was there, but that would be another world. I was there to see New Zealand beat Bahrain to qualify for the World Cup.[/quote]

Believe me, there is no comparison between NZ 70''s and present day.

Loved it in the 70''s, it had it''s own identity, now it could be anywhere in the world.

In laws still there in Levin.

Brackley ( hubby''s team who he played for in his playing days )

and

anyone who Ipswich are playing of course lol

Success! Miami Dolphins make the playoffs after making a 9 to 1 game winning streak! Take note Norwich City.

Green Bay Packers in the NFL (since I thought they were Norwich when I was about 6.. bless lol)

Dortmund and Celtic, always had a soft spot for in footie

Boston Bruins in NHL