Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Other teams we also support

While we wait for fortunes to return to Carrow Road what other teams are we supporting that are doing well. My NFL team is the Miami Dolphins who are currently on a 6 game winning streak and in one of the playoff slots.

These Binners would like this then. http://planetipswich.webs.com/and for us.http://uk.geotargit.com/called.php?qcity=Norwich

[quote user="KiwiScot"]While we wait for fortunes to return to Carrow Road what other teams are we supporting that are doing well. My NFL team is the Miami Dolphins who are currently on a 6 game winning streak and in one of the playoff slots.[/quote]I did get into that a while back when I found watching paint dry a bit too excitingSill a lot of work must go into the choreography as well as the costumes

Toronto Raptors (Basketball) They were rubbish when I first supported them but have actually been good the last couple of years!Plus the have the best mascot of any sports team.

I''m a RAF baby, the team closest to where I was born are currently known as ''A German Team''.I did wear my Gladbach shirt to CR when we played them in a pre-season friendly a few years back but it just felt wrong. Before they became a thing but I suppose it would''ve been the only time I would have bought a half and half scarf.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]I''m a RAF baby, the team closest to where I was born are currently known as ''A German Team''.I did wear my Gladbach shirt to CR when we played them in a pre-season friendly a few years back but it just felt wrong. Before they became a thing but I suppose it would''ve been the only time I would have bought a half and half scarf.

[/quote]Bruggen?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TCCANARY"]I''m a RAF baby, the team closest to where I was born are currently known as ''A German Team''.I did wear my Gladbach shirt to CR when we played them in a pre-season friendly a few years back but it just felt wrong. Before they became a thing but I suppose it would''ve been the only time I would have bought a half and half scarf.

[/quote]Bruggen?[/quote]Yes, I was born at RAF Hospital Wegberg, we were posted back to the UK when I was about 9 months old.

Football - San Francisco 49ers - currently 1-10  ( Norwich is right at the top end in comparison )
Baseball - San Francisco Giants - decent team last season
Hockey - Toronto Maple Leafs ( last won the Stanley Cup in 1967, which I was there for, when men were men and played on broken legs )

Bl**dy hell is the thread all the plastics come to when waiving their right to anonymity? [:D]

I used to support Charlton and Bolton but circumstances changed and then Notts County briefly entered the equation. That was a flash in the pan though and I soon found myself drawn to QPR, Swansea and Southampton. I''ve lost interest in QPR though, think it was when they ditched Leroy Fer.

Currently, I support Swansea, Southampton, Bournemouth, and the Palace, Watford, Leicester and Boro. I also have a new found respect for Villa and Wolves. I liked Cardiff for a bit too.

OTBC

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I used to support Charlton and Bolton but circumstances changed and then Notts County briefly entered the equation. That was a flash in the pan though and I soon found myself drawn to QPR, Swansea and Southampton. I''ve lost interest in QPR though, think it was when they ditched Leroy Fer.

Currently, I support Swansea, Southampton, Bournemouth, and the Palace, Watford, Leicester and Boro. I also have a new found respect for Villa and Wolves. I liked Cardiff for a bit too.

OTBC[/quote][:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]
Football - San Francisco 49ers - currently 1-10
[/quote]Was watching the recent game on play by play. 49ers just needed 1 touchdown to take it to OT and were 2 yards out, but the clock ran out [:)]

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I used to support Charlton and Bolton but circumstances changed and then Notts County briefly entered the equation. That was a flash in the pan though and I soon found myself drawn to QPR, Swansea and Southampton. I''ve lost interest in QPR though, think it was when they ditched Leroy Fer.

OTBC[/quote]
Sounds to me like you are a polygamist Duncan. 

Big Redskins fan in NFL, also follow Fenerbahce as I lived in Turkey for a bit (also nicknamed the canaries btw). I have a slightly more than passing interest in Washington Wizards and Washington Capitals in NBA and NHL respectively but Norwich and Redskins are the big ones for me.

Lived in Philadelphia for a year so follow their sports teams- mainly the Eagles and Union but keep an eye out for the others. I also studied out there so will follow the Temple Owls basketball and American Football teams.

Also keep an eye out for Royston in the non-league as I moved there this summer.

Used to be Hoveton back in the day until they folded then it was Wroxham who I still check out the results for even from the North East where I now live. Hoveton had a really good team when up against the likes of St Andrews etc. The Spooners,Terry Cook, Marty Hubble ,Alan Arber to name a few . Good Saturday players in their day.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]
Football - San Francisco 49ers - currently 1-10  ( Norwich is right at the top end in comparison )
Baseball - San Francisco Giants - decent team last season
Hockey - Toronto Maple Leafs ( last won the Stanley Cup in 1967, which I was there for, when men were men and played on broken legs )
[/quote]

Ditto with the 49ers. The season did start well though.

Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball. The Killer B''s of the late 80''s.

Wellington Hurricanes Rugby Team.

Miramar Rangers Football Team who many City players guested for in the 80''s.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]

Ditto with the 49ers. The season did start well though.

Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball. The Killer B''s of the late 80''s.

Wellington Hurricanes Rugby Team.

Miramar Rangers Football Team who many City players guested for in the 80''s.[/quote]Spent a bit of time in New Zealand? I lived a year in Wellington. Great place and the Canes won the Superleague title this year.