Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Not worried

Listen boys, TG has quite clearly stated, for legal reasons he can''t reveal the details of his current contract.

Surely you are reassured, as I am, that a current serving professional has analyzed our club from top to bottom, no stone left unturned, and is convinced that we are well placed for success.

That''s good enough for me.

Anyone who can''t accept that is in denial.

[quote user="KiwiScot"][quote user="True Grit"]Slight set back but you must understand this is essentially a new team, finding their feet together.

Not worried.

Best,

TG[/quote]You have been critical of AN in the past. If there is nothing to be worried about have you changed your mind about the manager?[/quote]

Becuase i have since met him in person (a chance encounter outside Greggs on London street) where he explained his philosophy, which I was impressed with.

[quote user="True Grit"]I''m a qualified professional within football. not blowing my own trumpet, but I have the credentials to form a valid and coherent opinion in relation to the subject matter. I''m not disputing your loyalty and passion for the game, but until you''ve attended and analysed over 800 games over a 6.5 year turn-cycle, then perhaps you''ll be able to adequately engage and retort regarding the subtle nuances of the game and idiosyncrasies of individual players, with a certain validated degree of clout. Until then it''s merely conjecture.

Guys, leave it to the qualified professionals - jez and AN know what''s they''re doing - we will be a PL outfit next season.

Best,

TG[/quote]

Are you serious? The current board are anything but professional. It''s a ''jobs for the boys'' scenario and endless backslapping in ''Team Delia''.

The reiterate what I said earlier, the club do not expect and have not budgeted to go up this season. They would rather keep Alex Neil in electric soup.

[quote user="True Grit"]

Becuase i have since met him in person (a chance encounter outside Greggs on London street) where he explained his philosophy, which I was impressed with.[/quote]

Pity his philosophy on the street doesn''t translate to performances or results on the pitch.

So, let me get this straight - you didn''t really like AN, primarily due to what you saw on the pitch (I''m guessing).

You then meet in him in a pie shop where he generously explains his life''s philosophy to you and you change your mind.

Then, despite a run of dreadful results not witnessed at the club for many a year, you stick with your recent mind change.

I don''t know about changing your mind, you must be out of it!

True Grit

Realise you are a scout for the Baden Powell Team but when you met AN outside Greggs in London Street was he checking if the Sausage Rolls were warm or like the CR set up cold till 1.45PM

Can understand that is No,1 priority at the moment with the CR professionals from Delia down to Baby Tom and Ricky (where''s my CV) Martin

If you read through my content on the forum (not that it will be easy to find, seeing as this site hasn''t been updated since about 2001; what''s with the coding on the quotes??) You''ll see I''ve largely been in favour of AN throughout. I made my thoughts known on who I would sign as manager (Nikolay Kostov) , IF at the last resort he was to be sacked, but I haven''t said he should be.

I''m scouting up at Blyth Spartans Saturday, feel free to come and say hello at half time and we can muse about this further.

Best

TG

TG

I''m scouting up at Blyth Spartans Saturday, feel free to come and say hello at half time and we can muse about this further.

Against the might Barwell, Alun will be pleased to see you TG.

I bumped into AN outside Victoria''s Secret today. Apparently he needs some new smalls having eaten too many pies at Greggs. He very kindly explained his match day philosophy to me:

1) Stick with the same formation for every game - this is apparently a double-bluff. Keeps the opposing manager guessing....but......

2) Shoehorn 11 players into the formation with only the keeper being guaranteed playing in his natural position.

3) As a third-bluff to the double above, ensure the team start as slowly as possible to lure the opposition into a false sense of security.

4) Don''t make any meaningful substitutions (like for like is okay) and if possible leave any substitution until too late.

However......If philosophies 1-3 end up in a cluster-f so bad, you can override (4) and make panicked substitutions (although, again only like for like) at half time.

I have arranged to meet him outside Ann Summers next week where he has promised to explain his transfer philosophy. I just can''t wait!

[quote user="ricardo"]I''m not worried either. It was perfectly plain 2 months ago that this team wasn''t top two material.I''m beginning to wonder if we are even top 6.[/quote]
So you''re not worried because we are gash? Makes no sense.

The club is falling apart. A failing manager, with a failing team, an utterly hopeless board, internally mismanaged with low staff moral and confidence.

The club is rotten to the core.

[quote user="Number 9"]TG says RELAX,

Calm down everyone[/quote]

Now there''s a T-shirt in that somewhere!

December has been stop start. WLWL, red light green light, red light green light. It''s like we are are getting to one set of lights and going through them, only to be stopped by another set, then getting through them and being stopped by a further set. Its the same sort of caper at the city end of unthank road leading onto chapelfield roundabout.

The last thing we need is to destabilise and get rid of Alex. I do however recognise that the team needs a lift - I would subcontract a motivational speaker for a month of team building - someone like Robert Kiyosaki - who''s nothing to do with football, just a balls out, high velocity motivator. Would likely be difficult to book him over Christmas mind.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]True Grit, your appear to be fixated on testicles, are they the answer to everything in football?.....[/quote]

Yes, and life in general. Which is why I know Jez is the man for the job.

[quote user="True Grit"]December has been stop start. WLWL, red light green light, red light green light. It''s like we are are getting to one set of lights and going through them, only to be stopped by another set, then getting through them and being stopped by a further set. Its the same sort of caper at the city end of unthank road leading onto chapelfield roundabout.

The last thing we need is to destabilise and get rid of Alex. I do however recognise that the team needs a lift - I would subcontract a motivational speaker for a month of team building - someone like Robert Kiyosaki - who''s nothing to do with football, just a balls out, high velocity motivator. Would likely be difficult to book him over Christmas mind.[/quote]

You can only destabilise something that is firstly stable!

Bloody hell, how can anyone not see how change is required? Take a look at the facts! He''s position would be untenable at any other club. The club is acting like ameatuers. Since Xmas 2015 we have been on downward spiral.

[quote user="True Grit"]December has been stop start. WLWL, red light green light, red light green light. It''s like we are are getting to one set of lights and going through them, only to be stopped by another set, then getting through them and being stopped by a further set. Its the same sort of caper at the city end of unthank road leading onto chapelfield roundabout.

The last thing we need is to destabilise and get rid of Alex. I do however recognise that the team needs a lift - I would subcontract a motivational speaker for a month of team building - someone like Robert Kiyosaki - who''s nothing to do with football, just a balls out, high velocity motivator. Would likely be difficult to book him over Christmas mind.[/quote]

Unbelievable. Then again, I''m not a happy clapper.

[quote user="True Grit"][quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]True Grit, your appear to be fixated on testicles, are they the answer to everything in football?.....[/quote]Yes, and life in general. Which is why I know Jez is the man for the job.[/quote]

Would have thought Ed Balls would be more qualified, with a name like his......