Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Numpties

At 12.00 I merely meant I was going to bed, not stopping posting on the thread.   But was it a bad substitution?  A fresh attacker and swapping a more defensive midfielder (at least in theis game) for a more attacking one? It wasn''t like for like, as some have said, it was shift in emphasis to get us more forwards - and it did.

I agree with the reaction this game but have to say the SW game wasn''t warranted, not saying those that did boo back then didn''t have the right to, it''s their prerogative to do so if they wish!

Yesterday for me showed just how tactically poor AN is.

So there we have it.

It wasn''t the utterly predictable, one dimensional, pathetically stubborn way we play that caused us to lose, it was the fans fault...

It wasn''t a closely fought game, Huddersfield had us at arms length and we looked like creating nothing until Bassong was played upfront - so 2 up front looked the most likely

Unfortunately, pretty much every fan could see that early on, Alex Neil couldn''t until it was way too late

[quote user="lake district canary"]At 12.00 I merely meant I was going to bed, not stopping posting on the thread.   But was it a bad substitution?  A fresh attacker and swapping a more defensive midfielder (at least in theis game) for a more attacking one? It wasn''t like for like, as some have said, it was shift in emphasis to get us more forwards - and it did. [/quote]Sorry, I said I would leave this thread alone. I''ve made my point, so I''ll leave you all to your over-reactions.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lake district canary"]At 12.00 I merely meant I was going to bed, not stopping posting on the thread.   But was it a bad substitution?  A fresh attacker and swapping a more defensive midfielder (at least in theis game) for a more attacking one? It wasn''t like for like, as some have said, it was shift in emphasis to get us more forwards - and it did. [/quote]Sorry, I said I would leave this thread alone. I''ve made my point, so I''ll leave you all to your over-reactions.

[/quote]Is the point that you''re a massive James Blunt?

[quote user="Jim the Canary"]FAO Sports Desk Pete

LDC has a long history of this kind of sh@t stirring but this one has gone way way to far

Time to swing the ban hammer[/quote]

Maybe while he''s at it, he could swing the hammer another 58 times and get rid of you?

Oh and we did get more forward. Once Bassong had gone upfront

But due to our manager, all our chances to fell to a CB instead of our in form striker

Goodness me LDC, it''s not ALL about the far ends of the spectrum here.

Overreactions? Goodness me. Are you saying you are the only calm/cool headed/rational/knowledgeable poster on here, and the rest of us are hysterical/un-informed loons? No, of course not, so stop taking it to the top of the mountain, or the bottom of the valley.

I haven''t been an all guns blazing ''Neil Outer'', but what happened last night, is the culmination, of many facets, and people can be rightly cheesed off, for a LOT of reasons. What happened last night, was not the sole, exclusive property of last night''s crowd/performance

It''s difficult to put to one side the last 2 months now and remember the circumstances back then but try for a minute, there was absolutely no reason to boo against SW other than fans expecting us to win the championship with ease. I said at the beginning of the season with the squad at his disposal, AN needed to keep us challenging for automatic promotion.

So yes I didn''t agree with the booing then which by players admission baffled even them, but completely agree 4 months later after endless examples of poor management, venting frustration that has built up (and could''ve been released much earlier) at the manager after a ludicrous decision.

Last night was clear and aimed at one sole decision. As the thread I started back then shows, there was no clear reason for the booing other than we didn''t win 6-0.

LDC like you I dont get to go to the matches often but I still make the effort to get to at least four or five a year, the reason I like this forum is you get to understand the feeling from the fans who make the effort to get to every home game at least.

You have mamaged to watch the last two games on the TV and now you think you have the right to call people out on booing the manger. You don''t it''s as simple as that, you can''t possibly get the same feelings of frustration from watching a couple of games on TV. Try thinking in the broader sense before posting nonsense next time.

[quote user="Bagster"]LDC like you I dont get to go to the matches often but I still make the effort to get to at least four or five a year, the reason I like this forum is you get to understand the feeling from the fans who make the effort to get to every home game at least.

You have mamaged to watch the last two games on the TV and now you think you have the right to call people out on booing the manger. You don''t it''s as simple as that, you can''t possibly get the same feelings of frustration from watching a couple of games on TV. Try thinking in the broader sense before posting nonsense next time.[/quote]

Finally! An adult response to a silly OP.

What I noticed last night, more than the booing during the game and at the end, was the sheer anger of people walking out of the ground and back to the car

I''ve never seen people that angry walking out of the football ground - normally it subsides after the final whistle

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]What I noticed last night, more than the booing during the game and at the end, was the sheer anger of people walking out of the ground and back to the car

I''ve never seen people that angry walking out of the football ground - normally it subsides after the final whistle[/quote]I wonder if the plastics stamped angrily upstairs to bed, too?

Rogue, you obviously haven''t been going for long. I would call last night''s reaction fairly mild in comparison with some over the years. If you thought that was bad wait to see what it feels like when the crowd really turn. I''ve been there more than a few times over the years when it has kicked off properly. Last night was merely kids stuff.

Maybe I haven''t, but I cannot remember people being that angry with Wothington or Hughton - yes there were boos but people were just really angry last night

I don''t have any problem with people shouting or booing if that is what they really think but I have to agree that for several years now the ''support'', in the true sense of the word, at Carrow Road has been absolutely pathetic.

I don''t get to all the games and probably see about a 50/50 mix of home and away, and am always struck nowadays by how quiet Carrow Road is, whichever way things are going.

The crowd, in general, seems completely passive - they certainly do absolutely nothing to ''support'' the team when things aren''t going well, and get mildly excited when things are going well.

Its probably my age talking but it didn''t used to be like that, and it also used to be a lot of fun!

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]I don''t have any problem with people shouting or booing if that is what they really think but I have to agree that for several years now the ''support'', in the true sense of the word, at Carrow Road has been absolutely pathetic.

I don''t get to all the games and probably see about a 50/50 mix of home and away, and am always struck nowadays by how quiet Carrow Road is, whichever way things are going.

The crowd, in general, seems completely passive - they certainly do absolutely nothing to ''support'' the team when things aren''t going well, and get mildly excited when things are going well.

Its probably my age talking but it didn''t used to be like that, and it also used to be a lot of fun![/quote]

Many reasons for this.. The change from standing on the terraces to sitting in grandstands has meant that the average supporter has become less of an active participant and more of a dispassionate observer. Also the demographic of average supporters has certainly changed over the last 30 or so years, not least because of the cost of a ticket, and that has resulted in a less volatile and more "family friendly" atmosphere. Safer, yes, but far less exciting. Ah, nostalgia''s not what it used to be.