Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Numpties

''a difficult match spoiled by anti-manager chanting which influenced the game for the worse in terms of directing/focusing negativity at the manager and by association, the players''

You appear to be confusing your opinion with fact. Neither game was influenced by chanting. We were losing both, and lost both. Neither result was influenced by chanting

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]''a difficult match spoiled by anti-manager chanting which influenced the game for the worse in terms of directing/focusing negativity at the manager and by association, the players''

You appear to be confusing your opinion with fact. Neither game was influenced by chanting. We were losing both, and lost both. Neither result was influenced by chanting[/quote]If, as a player you feel your supporters are with you and the manager, you are far more likely to be able to rise to the occasion and do well than if the opposite is true. Players obviously hear the anti-manager chanting and it will affect them - unless they are unfeeling robots. Crowds are part of the match as well as the players - they influence proceedings, which is why they presumably go to matches in the first place......to give support and inpire the team.  If you can inspire the team on one hand - you can obviously do the opposite on the other - which imo is what happens when you get anti-player or manager chanting. 

But your opinion is simply that, less valid.... Because you weren''t there.

I don''t critisise others for not being season ticket holders etc and j don''t boo or chant defamatory things during a match. But I did that day and I feel perfectly at ease with it.

I was there, I supported my team more than I had any game during the season so far. You say the players feel any anti manager chanting, they therefore must hear the (more than usual) pro team chanting. The fact they then hear the anti manager chanting I don''t believe had any effect on the way they were playing. I do believe however the bizarre substitutions would effect them, in particular Oliveira who looked baffled to say the least.

The manager of my team makes what I believe to be one of the worst footballing decisions I have seen at Carrow rd and myself (and many others) can''t hold the frustrations of the previous few weeks in any longer.

That''s what''s simple....stop talking to me as though you''re right and I''m wrong. I''m sorry but my frame of reference is better as I was there and felt the emotion.

I feel angry at myself for continually replying to this nonsense. Argh.

The players were in no doubt of the fans support for them that evening. Again, had you been there you would have seen and felt this. The players (and manager) were also in no doubt who the chanting was aimed at.

So....the players being supported more than usual....we go behind 2-1. Manager goes insane....fans chant directly to him (and Delia)....we then lose 2-1. Are you saying had we cheered the bizarre decision to bring off our in form striker for one just back from injury (and the only striker on the bench!), we would have magically turned the game around?

By your reckoning the extra support the team got for the first 65mins should easily have cancelled out any negativity for the couple of minutes around the substitution. Maybe, just maybe it doesn''t work like that....and you''re taking ****.....

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]But your opinion is simply that, less valid.... Because you weren''t there.

I don''t critisise others for not being season ticket holders etc and j don''t boo or chant defamatory things during a match. But I did that day and I feel perfectly at ease with it.

I was there, I supported my team more than I had any game during the season so far. You say the players feel any anti manager chanting, they therefore must hear the (more than usual) pro team chanting. The fact they then hear the anti manager chanting I don''t believe had any effect on the way they were playing. I do believe however the bizarre substitutions would effect them, in particular Oliveira who looked baffled to say the least.

The manager of my team makes what I believe to be one of the worst footballing decisions I have seen at Carrow rd and myself (and many others) can''t hold the frustrations of the previous few weeks in any longer.

That''s what''s simple....stop talking to me as though you''re right and I''m wrong. I''m sorry but my frame of reference is better as I was there and felt the emotion.[/quote]It''ll never work, Zac. He will just bore you into a stalemate with one of his high-horse lectures. Just leave it alone, safe in the knowledge that he''s only a plastic fan whose primary involvement in the club is irritating real fans on a message board.