Good result tonight.

But what''s people''s thoughts on AN''s treatment of Pritchard, considering his pre match comments?

Personally, I think it''s awful man mangement. Alienating one of our best talents isn''t a wise decision.

Sometimes players need a kick up the backside but I find this too harsh on Pritchard. The lad hasn''t had a proper run yet.

This isn''t a case of finding negatives... but this really concerns me. I want top class players playing for Norwich, not being messed around by egotistical manager.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Good result tonight.

But what''s people''s thoughts on AN''s treatment of Pritchard, considering his pre match comments?

Personally, I think it''s awful man mangement. Alienating one of our best talents isn''t a wise decision.

Sometimes players need a kick up the backside but I find this too harsh on Pritchard. The lad hasn''t had a proper run yet.

This isn''t a case of finding negatives... but this really concerns me. I want top class players playing for Norwich, not being messed around by egotistical manager.[/quote]Yes it is.

He picked a team that would battle and scrap, Pritchard should be man enough to realise he played poorly Saturday and was deservedly dropped.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Good result tonight.

This isn''t a case of finding negatives... but this really concerns me. I want top class players playing for Norwich, not being messed around by egotistical manager.[/quote]Yes it is.[/quote]

Ok, it''s a negative. But not scraping the barrel trying to find one. It deeply concerns me how AN treats certain players. Particularly ones with the ability of Pritchard.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Good result tonight.

This isn''t a case of finding negatives... but this really concerns me. I want top class players playing for Norwich, not being messed around by egotistical manager.[/quote]Yes it is.[/quote]

Ok, it''s a negative. But not scraping the barrel trying to find one. It deeply concerns me how AN treats certain players. Particularly ones with the ability of Pritchard.[/quote]Yes you are.

Ability is great if you have the application to go with it, just enjoy the win. The manager picked the right team because we won against a good team.

We won a pretty physical game 1-0 - why are you talking about players who weren''t on the pitch?

The result and the performance more than justifies the result tonight.

We won, take a drink and celebrate and congratulate the team on e hard working performance which went a long way to dispel all the nappy crappers who reckon the club is in free fall and the players are not playing for the manager.

[quote user="Red Rufus"]We won, take a drink and celebrate and congratulate the team on e hard working performance which went a long way to dispel all the nappy crappers who reckon the club is in free fall and the players are not playing for the manager.[/quote]This.I''m off up the city to celebrate.

[quote user="Ian"]We won a pretty physical game 1-0 - why are you talking about players who weren''t on the pitch?

The result and the performance more than justifies the result tonight.[/quote]

Because with Pritchard in the team tonight I believe we could have won more comfortably.

Moving forward we need Pritchard. This reminds me a few years ago of the Hoolahan situation. Many fans went bothered and thought he didn''t apply himself. Pritchard has the talent to be as important as Hoolahan has been for us.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Red Rufus"]We won, take a drink and celebrate and congratulate the team on e hard working performance which went a long way to dispel all the nappy crappers who reckon the club is in free fall and the players are not playing for the manager.[/quote]This.I''m off up the city to celebrate.[/quote]

Please get drunk and fall into the wensum.

You can''t have it both ways. AN picked a stronger team physically tonight and we played with a more compact battling style. It worked and we won deservedly, kept a clean sheet and he deserves a lot of credit for getting it right.

I think he addressed a long standing weakness today and personally I''d like to see us set up like this more often.

Who cares what you believe? If I said I believe if Pritchard had played we would have lost heavily it''s irrelevant.

Neil''s tactics nullified Villa totally tonight, and with better finishing (I''m thinking Brady here) we could have won by more. As it was, the entire team performance more than merited the three points tonight. You can''t just cherry pick players to try and have a go at the manager, who got it bang on tonight.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]You can''t have it both ways. AN picked a stronger team physically tonight and we played with a more compact battling style. It worked and we won deservedly, kept a clean sheet and he deserves a lot of credit for getting it right.

I think he addressed a long standing weakness today and personally I''d like to see us set up like this more often.[/quote]

Yes I get that, but did he need to drop him from the squad all together? What do you think that might do to the player?

And anyway, is murphy physically stronger than Pritchard? I wouldn''t say so.

Spot on, there''s no pleasing some people. We nullified Villa and people say Villa are poor, it was because of the way we played.

[quote user="Ian"]Who cares what you believe? If I said I believe if Pritchard had played we would have lost heavily it''s irrelevant.

Neil''s tactics nullified Villa totally tonight, and with better finishing (I''m thinking Brady here) we could have won by more. As it was, the entire team performance more than merited the three points tonight. You can''t just cherry pick players to try and have a go at the manager, who got it bang on tonight.[/quote]

He got it bang on in terms of player selection, agreed. However singling out a player for criticism in public before dropping him completely from the squad, isn''t bang on in terms of man management is it.

I''m surprised I''m the only one concerned by this teqtment

Lincoln

I agree with you it is shabby man management. I''m also not convinced he got it spot on tonight with the team selection but we have good enough players that when they are up for it and put in a shift we will win more than we lose. I would not want to see that team selection too often and believe we would play better with one of Wes or a Pritchard in the team. That said tonight it did a job and the second half was certainly better. If we can regain our platform in midfield then maybe in time he will feel comfortable reintroducing a bit more creativity.

After a MoM performance against Brentford, his old club, he got 45 mins v Barnsley and dropped all together v Aston Villa.

Let''s look at that from a "what''s up with the player?" point of view maybe.

Sounds like some humility would be helpful.

I agree Murphy isn''t physically stronger but one of his strengths is that he is possitionally very aware, tracks back and offers good cover for the full back. Doesn''t try anything too expansive when he gets the ball in deep positions, that sort of thing. Much more so than his brother for instance.

Pritchards place was taken by Howson which is where I felt we looked stronger and more compact.

I do feel for Pritchard and it''s only my opinion I know but I liked what I saw tonight and if we can add a bit more confidence to our play following the win and keep the solidity then it could be a good step in the right direction.

Phil Collins wrote the following post at 13/12/2016 10:28 PM:

After a MoM performance against Brentford, his old club, he got 45 mins v Barnsley and dropped all together v Aston Villa.

Let''s look at that from a "what''s up with the player?" point of view maybe.

Sounds like some humility would be helpful.

Not another bleeding multiple account holder!

I swear there are only about have a dozen posters on this board.

No wonder so many of them all say the same thing!