Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

£25 for FA cup 3rd round tickets

I guess £25 would be OK if

1 Both sides turn out their 1st team

2 Both sides want to win the game and progress in what was the No 1 competition in England with the chance to play at Wembley

3 We don''t get all the spin from AN saying how much we want to win this game and playing the reserve side

4 The overpaid players treating it as a friendly

5 Delia and Jez from Corrie at their BOD meeting saying to AN we must get back to TP do what you feel best and fuck the fans who turn up

I think the club have got this one wrong, don''t see more than 15 000 turning up for this one, Saints fans don''t look too confident that they ll sell the 2700 they''ve been given

Would be interested to see what other clubs are charging when they release their prices.

I also thought both clubs have to agree the prices though Southampton have tweeted that we set them

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 8h8 hours ago

#NCFC have set the prices for #SaintsFC''s #EmiratesFACup trip to Carrow Road:

Diane    -    

I also thought both clubs have to agree the prices though Southampton have tweeted that we set them

#NCFC have set the prices for #SaintsFC''s #EmiratesFACup trip to Carrow Road

They do have toSo maybe some of the whiners on here might care to have a bleat at Southampton as welland isn''t this are chance for those who complain they can''t get a ticket to see NCFC to go along and support ''their'' club ?

I suspect CW has been on here somewhile, albeit under various guiseshis latest squeak relates to my apparently having a pop at City fanswhich is not so much agreement with meas a manefestation of his dislike of said fans

Whilst waiting for something more interesting, I have (fag packet accounting) worked out that is reading one post approx every 10 minutes for every waking hour (16 every day, as an average). Like I said, impressive............and do-able.............

I am often more than impressed that one of my posts get readbut to see such ''diligance'' suggests a man with an enormous amount of dedication.... or a bullshitting, lying troll

[quote user="Dan Dare"]Diane    -    

#NCFC have set the prices for #SaintsFC''s #EmiratesFACup trip to Carrow Road

They do have toSo maybe some of the whiners on here might care to have a bleat at Southampton as welland isn''t this are chance for those who complain they can''t get a ticket to see NCFC to go along and support ''their'' club ?[/quote]
Just wondered why they said Norwich City set the prices ??

Whatever way I look at it, it looks a bit of a rip off.

Guess we will see if club was right or wrong based on the turnout.

£25 to watch what is effectively the second string is taking the p!55. If they dropped the price they would attract more fans and surely they could have kids for a quid?

They can swivel as far as I am concerned!

but they would still have had to agree to them, as

RULES OF THE FA

CHALLENGE CUP COMPETITION

ADMISSION TO MATCHES - SALE OF TICKETS

(a)      

Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs

concerned must mutually agree the prices of admission
subject to the following

conditions:

(i)        

Except where mutually agreed otherwise the minimum admission (except to

children and senior citizens) to matches shall be:

In

the Extra-Preliminary, Preliminary and First Round Qualifying:      £3.00

In

the Second and Third Rounds Qualifying:            

£5.00

In

the Fourth Round Qualifying:                                                     £6.00

In

the First and Second Round Proper:                                           £10.00 

In

the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Round Proper:                           £15.00

apologies for a that shyte, try this                                                    RULES OF THE FA

CHALLENGE CUP COMPETITION

ADMISSION TO MATCHES - SALE OF TICKETS

(a)      

Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs

concerned must mutually agree the prices of admission
subject to the following

conditions:

So as per normal Delia talks the talk but doesn''t walk the walk. Wonder what happened to twenty''s plenty?

£25.00 is a quarter of One Hundred Pounds! I could get just over 4 pints of tooth enamel degrading hipster lagerish pi$$ in a trendy ''n pretentious me, me, me, ''mwah mwah yah yah absolutely yah yah absolutely yaaaah!'' City centre bar, for that amount of munny!

Although......it could be worse.......I could shell out some hard-earned disposable income on the forthcoming ''an evening with Eddie Balls'' at Carra Rud. Which actually has a positive if I were to attend.....In that it would certainly cure my insomnia......

Decisions.......decisions.......decisions?......

£25 quid for an FA cup 3rd round tie......? Or listen/doze to the inane ramblings of our current sequinned ''Cha cha cha Chairman?'' NAAAAAAAAH! I much prefer to destroy my tooth enamel.....''yah yah absolutely yaaaah!''

I was going to go to this match, but £25 to watch Norwich probably get knocked out by Southampton is a bit rich. What happened to the family and children focus of yesteryear that used to make me proud of our club? I guess the problem is it''ll sell out even at this price.

Still think it is a shame that home cup matches cannot be included with the season tickets.

I presume that the fact that we have only 1 home League game , in a 5 week period, isn''t relevant, re finances.

Also I pay less, per League game (meaningful, 3 points, possible promotion etc) rather than to watch a not full strength side, against another, non full strength side. That and the travel I have to do, is not tempting me.

I will see what Santa brings me, before deciding, but the fat lady is clearing her throat

I pay for more than this for most championship away games

It is a cup game against a premier league team it''s really not an issue unless you are a peasant then I understand the price issue otherwise get behind the team

Exactly Jim; And below comparable home day ticket prices too

For example I have just bought a ticket for the villa home game; £40 for the lower barclay; this is against better quality opposition and still below the publicised average £26 cost per game for a season ticket this season - allowing for weakened teams it doesnt seem extraordinary.

Its not the EFL Trophy or an u23 game

Yet the same people moaning about the price will then complain when we haven''t spent enough in Jan.

The point is that it seems a bit hypocritical after Delia bemoaning how the Premier league are ripping off fans, and how she feels sorry for them.They have got this wrong, quite badly, and should be learning from previous mistakes, in previous years.I''m sure the team would like to see the ground close to full to cheer them on, but I don''t think it will be anywhere near.8000 fans x £25 = £200,00018000 fans x £15 = £270,000 plus better atmosphere.Everyone knows how terrible we are in the cup, and this should be like a bonus game, where they actually strive to make it an attractive proposition.

[quote user="Jim the Canary"]I pay for more than this for most championship away games

It is a cup game against a premier league team it''s really not an issue unless you are a peasant then I understand the price issue otherwise get behind the team[/quote]So everyone where price is an issue, is a peasant?  That says more about you than them.

[quote user="morty"]The point is that it seems a bit hypocritical after Delia bemoaning how the Premier league are ripping off fans, and how she feels sorry for them.They have got this wrong, quite badly, and should be learning from previous mistakes, in previous years.I''m sure the team would like to see the ground close to full to cheer them on, but I don''t think it will be anywhere near.8000 fans x £25 = £200,00018000 fans x £15 = £270,000 plus better atmosphere.Everyone knows how terrible we are in the cup, and this should be like a bonus game, where they actually strive to make it an attractive proposition.[/quote]
Completely agree, and on top of your 18,000 fans bringing £70,000 extra in ticket revenue - you''ve got the hotdogs and drinks and kids sweets etc. All adds up!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="morty"]The point is that it seems a bit hypocritical after Delia bemoaning how the Premier league are ripping off fans, and how she feels sorry for them.They have got this wrong, quite badly, and should be learning from previous mistakes, in previous years.I''m sure the team would like to see the ground close to full to cheer them on, but I don''t think it will be anywhere near.8000 fans x £25 = £200,00018000 fans x £15 = £270,000 plus better atmosphere.Everyone knows how terrible we are in the cup, and this should be like a bonus game, where they actually strive to make it an attractive proposition.[/quote]
Completely agree, and on top of your 18,000 fans bringing £70,000 extra in ticket revenue - you''ve got the hotdogs and drinks and kids sweets etc. All adds up!
[/quote]Jez has talked about how he wants to build bridges with fans, and I think the relationship between some of them, and the club, is starting to show a bit of strain.Seems a bit of an opportunity missed.