Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

£25 for FA cup 3rd round tickets

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="TIL 1010"]This link just shows that the ridiculous price is completely down to Norwich City. Still a huge amount of tickets all over the ground available so somebody got it very badly wrong.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/The-price-of-change-new-FA-Cup-rule-stings-home-and-away-fans[/quote]

But we haven''t increased the price, it''s the same price as a casual ticket for a CAT C game isn''t it?

Against Premier League opposition.

Still think this is an over-reaction because we''ve been on a crap run.[/quote]Funny then how it was only £15 for the FA Cup tie with Man City last season.....and both teams were in the Premier League [:^)]You''d have thought they would have learned from trying to stiff fans 30 quid for that Spurs League Cup tie a few years back ? Obviously not. A very low crowd on Saturday should help to remind them then.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="TIL 1010"]This link just shows that the ridiculous price is completely down to Norwich City. Still a huge amount of tickets all over the ground available so somebody got it very badly wrong.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/The-price-of-change-new-FA-Cup-rule-stings-home-and-away-fans[/quote]

But we haven''t increased the price, it''s the same price as a casual ticket for a CAT C game isn''t it?

Still think this is an over-reaction because we''ve been on a crap run.[/quote]Funny then how it was only £15 for the FA Cup tie with Man City last season.....and both teams were in the Premier League [:^)]You''d have thought they would have learned from trying to stiff fans 30 quid for that Spurs League Cup tie a few years back ? Obviously not. A very low crowd on Saturday should help to remind them then.[/quote]

Erm, yeah.

So we played Premier opposition every week, it wasn''t a potential "one off" for the season?

Presumably with us being in the PL we were less reliant on pounds per seat too. Of course, the £25 ticket might backfire in terms of income but that remains to be seen.

The point is that we haven''t jacked up the price as suggested by the FSF blog, we''re charging what we would for a Category C league match.

I''ve not bothered to look who is classed as Cat C opposition but I''d guess Wigan or Rotherham? The same price for Premier opposition seems perfectly reasonable.

As for the Spurs game; it was an excellent game and well worth the £30.👍

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="TIL 1010"]This link just shows that the ridiculous price is completely down to Norwich City. Still a huge amount of tickets all over the ground available so somebody got it very badly wrong.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/The-price-of-change-new-FA-Cup-rule-stings-home-and-away-fans[/quote]

Still think this is an over-reaction because we''ve been on a crap run.[/quote]Funny then how it was only £15 for the FA Cup tie with Man City last season.....and both teams were in the Premier League [:^)]You''d have thought they would have learned from trying to stiff fans 30 quid for that Spurs League Cup tie a few years back ? Obviously not. A very low crowd on Saturday should help to remind them then.[/quote][Y]

Decided to move from my South/Jarrold/Galway Roast/South Stand to the Main Stand for this game to see the reaction from the Delia should things not go to plan. Also to be able to say I''ve got within feet of Prancing Ed Balls dancing shoes

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Some crude maths suggest we need a crowd of c15k to match the income from last seasons Man City tie.[/quote]''Er Indoors who as you know works in The Top Of The Terrace was told on Monday that they only had 40 bums on seats for the game whereas for the Derby game it was nearly 400 which is the norm for a league game so it looks like we are heading for a very poor turnout.

I wouldn''t expect more than 10k. We will consider this as very poor turnout and then see that it''s one of the higher turnouts of the day. Still, why wouldn''t you charge £15 and fill the ground out. Better atmosphere, sell more shit pies and flog more carling.

But they will have to eat twice as many pies and get pissed!

Not a great Idea in my opinion but hey ho.

Nathan Redmond says he''s looking forward to the atmosphere when he comes back....lol

Like I''ve said all along, I don''t think £25 is out of the way, I doubt very much it would''ve caused more than a ripple had we been playing well.

However, if the predicted crowd figures are right then the pricing will have backfired. Just because I''m willing to pay it is by the by.

The real question is whether the extra £10 has been the real reason that folk have stayed away. Is it the price? The fact we''ve been cack for weeks? The fact we have an appalling cup record? Fans disconnect from "their club"? A protest? A combination of factors?

I''d genuinely be interested to know how many are (honestly) staying away purely on the basis of £10.

I''d most likely give it a look for 15 quid but cos it will be 2 second strings as is the way with the cup nowaday they can poke it .

We don''t play a second string in the cat c league games

And despite how it may come across to the intrained eye we do actually want to win those games so that isn''t a fair comparison. I will sit in the warm and watch it on the wireless whilst also watching a 3pm kick off in HD on the old kodi stick 😉

For many it''s not just £10 it can be three or four tickets.

For me it''s not the money but a combination of the factors in your penultimate para.

It''s a feeling that the fans have been pretty cheesed off, the club knew that, it was a nice opportunity for them to give something back, but they''ve chosen not too.

A small protest.

Contrary to what a few are stating here, the Man City FA Cup game last year was £20, not £15, fwiw:

NORWICH City''s Emirates FA Cup Third Round home game with Manchester City will take place on Saturday, January 9 (3pm).

Tickets for the Carrow Road tie are now on general sale and are priced in the following categories:

Adults: £20

65+: £18

Under-17s: £10

Under-12s: £5

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-manchester-city-fa-cup-tickets-2842160.aspx

I think you''re all missing the point. The real question is "how many pieces of scampi do you get for £25.00"? [:^)]

That''s interesting.

I couldn''t remember. However, aren''t tickets for 65s and over only a tenner this year? That''s a hell of a reduction. Unbelievable Jeff!!

We''ll buck my old boots. Am I reading this correctly that some of the oaps on here have got nearly 50% reduction on last years game?

A friend was asking me why there isn''t a Student discount anymore? He has a 19 yr old Son, who is at College (dem''s the rules for that age group these days)

I''m out for Saturday as I am now going to be on the lash with the ''lads'' and will have to rely on expert reports on the match, on posts from you lot , so I will await with slightly alcohol laden breath.

[quote user="daly"]Decided to move from my South/Jarrold/Galway Roast/South Stand to the Main Stand for this game to see the reaction from the Delia should things not go to plan. Also to be able to say I''ve got within feet of Prancing Ed Balls dancing shoes[/quote]

Please thank Nephew Tom for all his hard work and contributions so far too

[quote user="Dr Greenthumb"][quote user="daly"]Decided to move from my South/Jarrold/Galway Roast/South Stand to the Main Stand for this game to see the reaction from the Delia should things not go to plan. Also to be able to say I''ve got within feet of Prancing Ed Balls dancing shoes[/quote]

Please thank Nephew Tom for all his hard work and contributions so far too[/quote]

Especially for brokering the Galway Roast deal. Quite a first impression.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]We''ll buck my old boots. Am I reading this correctly that some of the oaps on here have got nearly 50% reduction on last years game?[/quote]Well if that is the case the Edwards Family Liason Officer at NCFC your old mate Stephen Graham tucked me up as i was charged £25 by him and naturally assumed it was because mine is a non concession centre seat for league games. Maybe he is putting it towards tea and biscuits for you and your tribe when he opens up a box for you FOC at the U23''s ?

[quote user="VanWink"]For many it''s not just £10 it can be three or four tickets.

For me it''s not the money but a combination of the factors in your penultimate para.

It''s a feeling that the fans have been pretty cheesed off, the club knew that, it was a nice opportunity for them to give something back, but they''ve chosen not too.

A small protest.[/quote]

Very well put, I''m out for exactly the same reason.

Premier league fa cup fixture £20, a chump team vs prem team £25 .

poor run of form, club not listening to the fans regarding the manager, and a chairman that wanted to open up to the fans but only has interviews on his terms.

The club hasnt been too popular as of late with its loyal fanbase, to then slightly hike up the price from last year just takes the biscuit

I wont be going and judging by the availability nor will a few thousand others.

Well, I shall personally do an empty seat count on Saturday and report back to this forum after I''ve been to the boozer and ''other entertainment'' venues with my findings......Midday Sunday at the earliest....

Whilst we''re discussing the cost of this FA cup tie.......I do wonder if the price of my season ticket will increase?......First deadline, comes around very soon......

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]A friend was asking me why there isn''t a Student discount anymore? He has a 19 yr old Son, who is at College (dem''s the rules for that age group these days)

I''m out for Saturday as I am now going to be on the lash with the ''lads'' and will have to rely on expert reports on the match, on posts from you lot , so I will await with slightly alcohol laden breath.[/quote]In my experience those two things never quite marry up in the cold light of the morning after the night before......[:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]We''ll buck my old boots. Am I reading this correctly that some of the oaps on here have got nearly 50% reduction on last years game?[/quote][Y]te he he he.[:D]