Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

£25 for FA cup 3rd round tickets

Bit of a rip off as last season v man city was £15 and the ground was half empty, like last season it''s likely to be two weakened teams so to charge that amount straight after Xmas seems a bit stupid and will probably bite Moxey on his fat arse

I a big fan of Delia unlike some of the mouth-foamers around Norwich and Norfolk but this kinda makes a massive joke of her "fans are ripped off, the government should intervene" comments in her Times interview.

Unless her intention was to say, "we''ll carry on ripping fans off until the government intervene".

This pricing policy is a f*cking joke. We though McNally was a fan of bleeding fans dry, we appear to have gone even worse with Moxey. I suspect they''ll struggle to get 5 figures through the door this time round. It''s a shame, because I''d probably have taken my kids for their second and first match respectively if they had priced it reasonably. As it is, none of us will go.

Could someone please tell me what the rules are regarding the allocation of takings, for FA Cup matches?

Is there a rule which the opposition have a say in it at all?

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]If ever city fans needed the chance to show Delia that fans are more than a customer number that will come through the gate regardless this is it[/quote][Y]

Cue "The club have had a rethink on pricing, and as a gesture to fans have reduced entry to £15 with kids for a quid".

Southampton will bring hardly any fans all that way for a tie against unglamourous Norwich. Any interest in Redmond''s return will probably be stymied as they''ll rest him as they care even less than us about the FA Cup.McNally got found out when he stiffed fans £30 for that League Cup tie against Spurs. Will they never learn ?Low five figure attendance looks on the cards for this one.

This is one time when it''s ok to use this as a stick against the club. After a poor last few months a low price would have been a nice gesture, also considering that non season ticket holders have to pay eye watering prices for some Championship games.

As we don''t have wealthy owners and the club only has one FA Cup tie a year, they have obviously decided to maximise revenue from that game. 😉

It''s very hard for those that have plenty of money to comprehend that £25 is a lot of money to some people and I''m sure that whoever thought £25 was a good price will be suprised at the backlash, but you would think the club had learned from previous problems on this front. 

I have no problem in the club maximising revenue but I don''t think £25 will maximise it at all.

£10-£15 and you could get a much better crowd who''ll also, because of the cheap tickets, probably grab a pie / hotdog / beer or whatever and we''d make more money that way.

Not sure who''s idea it was, but seems silly.

I''m in the same boat as you Hoola Han.

Would normally go without giving it much thought but that is just way too much. Also the guys I go with have decided against so that pretty much tipped the balance.

Be interesting to see what sort of gate we end up with.

I cannot believe the whinging on here £25 is a reasonable price. The same people will be moaning when we don''t strengthen the squad in January.

Trouble is that Norwich have the wrong demographic of fans at the moment the club need more ABC1 type fans and a hell of a lot less of the C2DE variety

To many plastics on here who don''t do games whinging

A disgrace the lot of you

I''m afraid this will further alienate the Board from the supporters. Only 2 or 3 weeks ago, our Chief Exec was saying he wanted to build bridges with the fans. This is hardly helping is it...? £60+ for a family of 4 is terrible.

As others have said, people will watch online when sensible pricing would have got 20,000+ there.

[quote user="Jim the Canary"]I cannot believe the whinging on here £25 is a reasonable price. The same people will be moaning when we don''t strengthen the squad in January.

Trouble is that Norwich have the wrong demographic of fans at the moment the club need more ABC1 type fans and a hell of a lot less of the C2DE variety

To many plastics on here who don''t do games whinging

A disgrace the lot of you[/quote]A wind-up, right ?

I reckon they looked at this tie, and thought mmm 10,000 crowd is best we can expect whatever price we charge so lets go for £25.00 and if we get anymore it will be a bonus.

Southampton get 40% as City do and rest goes to the FA pot(which gets shared with all clubs who enter the competition at the end of the season). Well certainly that was the split unless it has changed.

Swindon, the available tickets are currently showing all 20,000 plus season tickets as reserved.

Have a look after the 14th December and tell me how right they have got their pricing policy.

[quote user="Jim the Canary"]I cannot believe the whinging on here £25 is a reasonable price. The same people will be moaning when we don''t strengthen the squad in January. Trouble is that Norwich have the wrong demographic of fans at the moment the club need more ABC1 type fans and a hell of a lot less of the C2DE variety To many plastics on here who don''t do games whinging A disgrace the lot of you[/quote]

Jim, how much are 1p5wich charging and who are they playing ?  I could look it up, but I have a feeling you''ll know without having to check, and looking at anything 1p5wich-related makes me feel dirty.

Does it seem a lot? I''m not sure really, maybe a fiver heavy?

I''ve not made a decision either way about going but that decision is more likely to be governed by work commitments rather than that fiver.

I guess it comes down to what each individual regards as value for money. On the one hand you could (probably rightly) assume that it''ll be two much changed line-ups and that £25 is way over the top for reserve football.

Someone else might look at it and think "What else could I do on a Saturday afternoon for £25 that I enjoy as much as going to the footy?"

I just don''t feel that strongly either way; it''s cheaper than most league games and it''s against (woop-de-doo) Premier League opposition. So £25...??

It definitely looks more expensive given our recent form though, that is for sure.

[quote user="lake district canary"]It''s very hard for those that have plenty of money to comprehend that £25 is a lot of money to some people and I''m sure that whoever thought £25 was a good price will be suprised at the backlash, but you would think the club had learned from previous problems on this front.  [/quote]Agree with you there LDC but I''m hoping that for most of those for whom a £25 ticket price is neither here or there will take the view that just because it''s an NCFC match they''re not suckers.