Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Opportunity is nowhere !

With so many threads on here lately being doom and gloom, the glass is half empty retorts being manoeuvred to use as a stick.

So what did you all see when you read the headline on this post ?

"Opportunity is nowhere", is that how you view our club and the prospects of the season ahead, maybe this is another opportunity to convince ourselves we are indeed doomed, the wallet is of course empty, and Mick Dennis is firmly in the pockets of the Stowmarket two?.

Just maybe you read it as "opportunity is now here" anyone want to jump across to the half full camp ?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]With so many threads on here lately being doom and gloom, the glass is half empty retorts being manoeuvred to use as a stick.

"Opportunity is nowhere", is that how you view our club and the prospects of the season ahead, maybe this is another opportunity to convince ourselves we are indeed doomed, the wallet is of course empty, and Mick Dennis is firmly in the pockets of the Stowmarket two?.

Just maybe you read it as "opportunity is now here" anyone want to jump across to the half full camp ?[/quote]I never left it[:)]

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/12512732_10208163374816065_5553812222408186621_n_zpsfwonoden.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/12512732_10208163374816065_5553812222408186621_n_zpsfwonoden.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]With so many threads on here lately being doom and gloom, the glass is half empty retorts being manoeuvred to use as a stick.

Just maybe you read it as "opportunity is now here" anyone want to jump across to the half full camp ?[/quote]

I read ''Opportunity is nowhere'' - it has nothing to do with what you put in your post, but i read it because that is what it says...

What amuses me is how there often seem two large camps- one who seem think all is OK provided we win, and another who think all is bad whenever we lose. Inevitably there is a balance, so I don''t believe in half full/empty stuff. There are some things which concern me at the moment (eg AN''s tinkering and our failure to land a CB and a striker) but many things I am happy with (eg we have some great young players and others in the squad who promise a good future, no debt, passionate fans as owners etc). It is always more entertaining to post about "issues" than good stuff though, so how about a debate about something that works well, such as how nice the pitch looks.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]What amuses me is how there often seem two large camps- one who seem think all is OK provided we win, and another who think all is bad whenever we lose. Inevitably there is a balance, so I don''t believe in half full/empty stuff. There are some things which concern me at the moment (eg AN''s tinkering and our failure to land a CB and a striker) but many things I am happy with (eg we have some great young players and others in the squad who promise a good future, no debt, passionate fans as owners etc). It is always more entertaining to post about "issues" than good stuff though, so how about a debate about something that works well, such as how nice the pitch looks.[/quote]This covers pretty much how I feel, there can be a middle ground, its amusing how wildly polarized some people are.I really like the extra green bits they have added round the pitch.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]It is always more entertaining to post about "issues" than good stuff though, so how about a debate about something that works well, such as how nice the pitch looks.[/quote]

The pitch always looked nicer when Lambert was in charge. [:)]

There may be good reason for some of the gloom:

1) We failed to sign a prolific striker, and although we can expect goals to come from elsewhere in the side it is not clear that we have consistency at "number 9". Jerome has scored 3 in 6, but has also missed chances about as regularly. His contribution to the team is immense, in work rate and willingness, but we need to demolish teams with goals. Oliveira seems much of the same.

2) We failed to strengthen the defence, with the result that despite our high position our goal difference is merely +2. We are found out too often by pace and vulnerable to high balls and crosses in particular. Cardiff had enough chances to have beaten us, but fortunately missed many.

3) At our best we are capable of beating almost anyone, but there are times when we do not turn up, Birmingham for instance, and much of the time our forward progress is in fits and starts, and sometimes far too slow.

If you are a fan you have to hope that somehow things will pick up, but they didn''t last season.

Indeed. The pitch is also remarkably flat. Except where McGovern hangs around not dominating his area. In fact no-one had heard of him before June. Bring back Ruddy. Why haven''t they got better protection. Martin is rubbish. In fact they all are. And what does Frankie do anyway? Anyone whose name alliterates with fat must be useless, and where is Hamilton..............?

Darn it, even thinking about the nice 99% of the pitch turns me to despair.............

Good point that Tumbleweed, the one about nobody ever having heard of McGovern before June. And there I was believing the dual-ing of the A11 would speed up access to Norfolk for more than cars and lorries!

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Nice to see Oliviera being written off before kicking a ball...........[/quote]

exactly tell me how many good touches hes had for us?![/quote]

That''s the trouble, statistically he has the same number of bad touches as good, which really isn''t a good ratio is it?

[quote user="ZLF"][quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Nice to see Oliviera being written off before kicking a ball...........[/quote]

exactly tell me how many good touches hes had for us?![/quote]

That''s the trouble, statistically he has the same number of bad touches as good, which really isn''t a good ratio is it?[/quote]Oliviera has not scored a single goal for Norwich!#statsdontlie

#stasdontlie

Can see him having a bust up at the hotel just before the kick off at Everton, and jumping on a train back to Lisbon, or Wroxham or wherever. Or was that someone else with similar stats.