Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The power of message boards

Or so it would seem.

Over on carrowroad.net they are in the process of arranging a meeting with Mr Munby over a controversial poll they carried out on their website.

It just goes to show that a fans message board can reach those in charge.

And that our club cares enough to consult us. 

yes, it is very effective

people power is one of the best forces to change something in my opinion

Oh for gods sake - not this again.

Some people are never happy.

Leave the poor bloke alone to get on with his job. How the hell is he going to get us promoted with a bunch of jackals like that looking over his shoulder?

I despair, I really do.

"And that our club cares enough to consult us."

Consult eh? I''d call it an attempt at humouring some very noisy empty vessels, but hey, thats just my opinion.

[quote]"And that our club cares enough to consult us." Consult eh? I''d call it an attempt at humouring some very noisy empty vessels, but hey, thats just my opinion.[/quote]

Empty heads maybe?

[quote]No, he''s meeting people from carrowroad.net, not this site.[/quote]

Priceless Andrew!.

I could say a lot, I really could, but I''m only the messenger.

At least carrowroad.net cares enough to try and do something, and no, other than a mere poster, I''m nothing to do with that brilliant site, unfortunatly!.

It may well be lip service, but at least they''re talking............

[quote]Priceless Andrew!. I could say a lot, I really could, but I''m only the mes[/quote]

What on earth is that supposed to mean? Dig at Pinkun site or suggestion that anyone that''s not in the ever diminishing sack Worthy gang doesn''t care about the club? Have to say though, at least you''re fairly consistent in your rabid anti-Worthyness. Unlike many, who are either now silent (hoping he fails soon?) or claiming that all they really wanted was to start winning and weren''t really anti-W as such or most laughingly of all that Worthy has in fact been reading this board, realised where he was going wrong and changed his ways. What will you do if we get promoted?

Do you actually believe that? I can picture it now, "Steve and Doug, I thought I knew a bit about football and you too, what with being professionals and that, but I''ve been reading the pinkun message board, damn, there''s some amazing info on there I''d never thought of. Like let''s start trying to pass the ball better and score more goals. I''ve realised where we''ve been going wrong and if it wasn''t for the wife and kids I''d take the advice of that crazy maverick 1stWazzock or something and resign"

IMO it''s the pairing of Doc and Davenport that has been the major factor in the (albeit short) recent run of form, with hughes and hucks good form. What exactly might Worthy have taken from this board? Yes, he''s dropped Fleming (good idea) but isn''t that more to do with Davenport arriving? Who here suggested dropping Shaks or that Doc would start to get it together so well?

It would be nice if he reads the board, someone at the club probably keeps an eye on what the mood of the fans are, but that is most likely better served by listening to the crowd at games. There are people that know about football here, offer sound observations (DD, ZLF, Herb to name a few) but if anyone thinks Worthy cares what the majority of largely fickle fans with zero managerial or professional experience think (I count myself in the the latter group) then you need a reality check and to eat some humble pie while at it.

[quote]Do you actually believe that? I can picture it now, "Steve and Doug, I thought I knew a bit about football and you too, what with being professionals and that, but I''ve been reading the pinkun message...[/quote]

Worthy has already stated clearly he doesn''t care what the fans think Spat.

And his apologise was less than humble either, 4 or 5 days late I should add.

You say I''m rabid anti Worthy, I''ll take that as a compliment!.

And no doubt any meeting will only be lip service, I realise that, of course I do.

But what effort are you making to promote your views Spat?, or indeed anyone one on here, thought so!.

Context is everything Wiz. I doubt it''s true that Worthy "doesn''t care what the fans think". I know it''s been aired many times already, but some people don''t seem to (want to) see what really went on there.

The reporter said something to the effect of "what do you think of the fans'' reaction to McV''s substitution" to which Worthy said "I don''t care, I make the decisions" in what was clearly an exasperated state of mind as many of us were after that game.

Some might say he was accepting responsibility for a decision he took. But I just don''t think it''s right to extrapolate that statement made in the heat of the moment to mean he doesn''t EVER care what the fans think! This club has one of the best relationships around with its fans....

Just out of interest, what was the outcome of the meeting?  Anything interesting?  Or was it just the ''lip service'' that is being suggested on here?

Anyone can arrange a meeting with munby, most club officials are always available. Just ring up and ask. The carrowroad.net meeting is hardly worth mentioning.

[quote]But he''s not doing his job, is he mate?. Thats the whole point. Carrowroad.net[/quote]

Why don''t you direct some of your venom at the man in your sig? He missed a penalty that cost us the match yesterday.
The predictable boring Worthy out posters would be nowhere to be seen had that gone in, we''d be celebrating another win.
So by your twisted logic, he should be given a free transfer eh Wiz?

RE: The power of Massage Parlours........Well, I actually went to one once, and "Buxom Belinda" had this huge tub of...........Oops sorry! Incorrect forum and wrong message board - and I must have misread the thread (they do say it wrecks your eyesight).......... ;~)

Well said Herb, although anyone can miss a penalty so I don''t think Hux deserves anyone''s venom.  On the other hand, it''s not Worthy''s fault he missed either so lay off him.  IF Deano & Hux had scored those 2 penalties we would either just outside or just inside the play-offs, as it is we are only 3 points from it anyway.

Well really, how dare you  ...

Please stop having a sense of humour & try to keep up to the high standards of egomania demanded on this thread.

Yours etc.

Disgusted of Ipswich

Herb, that''s ridiculous.

I didn''t see anyone "miss" a penalty, I saw a very good save from a complete scumbag. Ashton''s pen v reading was a miss - the key word in the sentence being .... miss.

As it *missed* the goal.