Sign in to follow this  
The young canary

Alan Shearer Statue

Good to see the Toon are recognising Shearer with a statue outside their ground.

Should we do the same? Who would you have recognised, for me I would have Grant Holt, Darren Huckerby or Cody McDonald.

Who would you choose?

i am not sure anyone can top buhs selection; but I would have thought a plastic statue of Paul Lambert might be appropriate.

Would have to be Gunny for me, 23 years at the club in one capacity or another, the keeper in our iconic win over Bayern, the guy who played through tragedy and always gave 100% for the club in whatever way possible, and whilst not the most talented player we''ve ever had, it''s hard to argue against his contribution, loyalty and committment to the club.Sadly his imaged was tarnished for some due to his tenure as manager, but he still tried his best during a VERY tough time for the club and should still have the fans respect IMHO.

Any of the real footballers who played for Norwich namely Ken Nethercott, Keelan, Ron Ashman etc who played for us because of the love of the club and not being here because some greedy agent got the best deal for him and the player

Firstly I hope e don''t ever put a statue up of any player (unless we have won the champions league or the like), if it was to happen for any past player, hard to see past Gunny for the reasons put forward by Indy.

Top of my list has to be Delia.

DALY wrote;

Any of the real footballers who played for Norwich namely Ken Nethercott, Keelan, Ron Ashman etc who played for us because of the love of the club and not being here because some greedy agent got the best deal for him and the player.

Greedy players is not new (agents are) "back in the day" when those legends were playing they got given houses to encourage them to sign, or they met somewhere discreet and handed over envelopes full of wads of cash, the only difference is the wages are not out of sight of most fans and everything is much more public.

So sorry Daly, for that reason I vote no to them also, and feel even stronger for the case of St Delia ;-)

We need a real club man/woman, someone who''s done so much for our fine club, a real legend.

What about Michael Jackson?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]I vote no to them also, and feel even stronger for the case of St Delia ;-)[/quote]Just Delia''s bust would be good.........[:$]

Lappinitup wrote; Just Delia''s bust would be good.........

I can just imagine the headlines on the EDP, Delia''s bust at Carrow Road, There would be celebrations like never seen before on here from a few old favourites, but the anti climax when they realise it was in fact a bronzed replica of her chest !! could be worse could be Chairman Eds in a sequined shirt (strictly for adults).

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Lappinitup wrote; Just Delia''s bust would be good.........

....the anti climax when they realise it was in fact a bronzed replica of her chest !![/quote]"Bust - A sculpture representing a person''s head, shoulders, and upper chest."What did you think I meant Les? Surely you didn''t think I was referring to her boobies? Good heavens! [:O][;)]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Allegedly Lapps she has a few boobies on her CV![/quote]Many search for them - but she keeps them well hidden. [:)]