Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

screen replays taking away atmosphere

Something I noticed last night and a bit on Saturday. Is every time we have a attack the crowed starts a bit of atmosphere, but then the screen shows a replay and it seems the whole ground just go silent while watching the replay. I Wonder if the screen is taking away some atmosphere and thus killing the crowed of getting behind the team which then stops the momentum with our game.

I think the screen a good idea but maybe replays should be left for halftime like we had on the 1st game with stars.

The atmosphere was far, far better last night.Oh, and we won.Well done for finding something negative though[Y]

I get what you''re saying, even for goals its a bit weird because people aren''t watching the next phase of play - they''re waiting for the screen to rotate to show us the goal!
But as someone said, the atmosphere was a lot better - probably the best it''s been all season so hopefully that trend continues.

[quote user="hogesar"]I get what you''re saying, even for goals its a bit weird because people aren''t watching the next phase of play - they''re waiting for the screen to rotate to show us the goal!
But as someone said, the atmosphere was a lot better - probably the best it''s been all season so hopefully that trend continues.
[/quote]

It should be possible for the screen operator to get the goal replay shown pretty much before the game kicks off again.  That should be the aim, anyway.  

To be fair I think if the fans made a big thing of the replay it could add to the atmosphere. The ooooooooh then crazy cheer/celebrations that happened after the replay of the first goal was great then no one bothered for the second goal. If we did I think it could become a "thing".

Must be a coincidence boost for the players hearing the fans cheer the goal a second time imo. My only criticism is that the screen rotate etc just takes far too long!

[quote user="hogesar"]I get what you''re saying, even for goals its a bit weird because people aren''t watching the next phase of play - they''re waiting for the screen to rotate to show us the goal!
[/quote]

The atmosphere seemed better for a couple of reasons. One - we scored early, and 2 - Wigan moved the ball around really quickly and the tempo was so much higher than it was v Cardiff.

The tempo, combined with the heat and humidity, seemed to take a lot out of us, especially in the last 15 after they scored.