I like Ruddy and i''m really appreciative of what he has done for us, however, he''s nowhere near the prolific goal keeper he once was.

Look at how he played before that England call up closely followed by injury. I''m not sure he has ever got back to the same level.

I think McGovern has done really well since coming in, yes last night there was 1 shot he parried where i thought he should have held. But all in all he saved us the points and with some good movement.

Ruddy always parries plenty of shots, and since his injury doesn''t command his area as well as he used to.  Not saying McGovern is superb, but I think he''s an improvement on Ruddy''s form over the past 12 months at the moment.

I''m also puzzled by who are these "better" teams people are talking about.  Obv Newcastle are looking impressive, but we should be able to do as well as last season against them, hopefully avoiding the tactical disaster of the away game.  Then it''s Huddersfield and Barnsley above us, isn''t it ? 

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]Good goalkeepers do not necessarily have to make saves as quite often, by their presence, collection of crosses, positioning, vocal attributes and organisation of defences they stop the shots before they are made.

MM made some good stops last night, and is a very capable backup, but I feel, overall, JR is the better keeper and should return.[/quote]

Exactly this.