Mcgovern great saves today but we again shaky in the air despite 2 tall centre backs.

I think is time to Bassong as seems Bennet not work good with close last weeks

[quote user="morty"]Seriously? Mcgovern had a cracker tonight.[/quote]The Lincoln fella wouldn''t know as he didn''t witness McGovern''s performance [:|] Just seen him in the ''match thread'' with the other ''bus w@nkers''.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]Lol.[/quote]

Laughing at jokes made at people''s expense, Morty you do suprise me.[/quote]When we play one of the ''better'' sides in the Division, you''ll be in attendance right? [;)]

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]Lol.[/quote]

Laughing at jokes made at people''s expense, Morty you do suprise me.[/quote]When we play one of the ''better'' sides in the Division, you''ll be in attendance right? [;)][/quote]

Work permitting, yes. I''ll be at forest Saturday. Will you?

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Jools"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]Lol.[/quote]

Laughing at jokes made at people''s expense, Morty you do suprise me.[/quote]When we play one of the ''better'' sides in the Division, you''ll be in attendance right? [;)][/quote]

Work permitting, yes. I''ll be at forest Saturday. Will you?[/quote]Unfortunately, no -- let me know how McGovern gets on [:|]

After reading the OP I can tell you, with certainty, three things about Lincoln Canary.1. He was not at Carrow Road this evening.2. He has never played in goal at a level higher than the school playground.3. He no idea as to what makes a good goalkeeper.

Michael Bailey didn''t rate McGovern tonight either Morty. He was there, but was he talking bobbins too?

[quote user="STFU"]Michael Bailey didn''t rate McGovern tonight either Morty. He was there, but was he talking bobbins too?[/quote]Most of the City team tonight played worse than McGovern. MM had very little to do in the first half and in the second half pulled off a string of very impressive saves, one of which was an absolute worldy and rightly earned a standing ovation from many sat in the River End. If it hadn''t been for McGovern we would have been lucky to come away with a point tonight.

Is this post a joke? McGovern saved us two points tonight - wouldn''t take him out until he makes mistake or his form dips

All about opinions STFU.

I respect one made with someone''s own eyes at the actual game though.

To be fair, I think Ruddy is a better all round goalkeeper than McGovern.

I think they are both very good shot stoppers, but for me Ruddy is more commanding in the air and more confident coming off his line than McGovern. That said I also recognise that as a Goalkeeper, to be replaced either means an awful loss of form or an injury, so McGovern stays with the gloves for the time being.

He''s not as commanding as Ruddy but he made some good saves tonight and should continue for me

I have to say that people seem to think we haven''t played any of the ''better'' sides yet, but who are they? - the truth is Sheff Wed were last season''s play off finalists, the binners are (astonishingly) usually top-8, Cardiff were top 8 last season, Brum were quite fancied to be top 6.

In truth, I think we''ve played a reasonable cross-section of sides. It often takes relegated sides a little while to find their stride, but IMO if we are yet to do it but are sat on 14pts after 7 games that is fine by me.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I have to say that people seem to think we haven''t played any of the ''better'' sides yet, but who are they? - the truth is Sheff Wed were last season''s play off finalists, the binners are (astonishingly) usually top-8, Cardiff were top 8 last season, Brum were quite fancied to be top 6.

In truth, I think we''ve played a reasonable cross-section of sides. It often takes relegated sides a little while to find their stride, but IMO if we are yet to do it but are sat on 14pts after 7 games that is fine by me.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more! People keep saying Brum are poor side.... They''re 5th.... Clearly not that poor in this league to date

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsjh68aiu3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsjh68aiu3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

". seem to think we haven''t played any of the ''better'' sides yet"But who are the better sides ?  There has only been 7 games. Some clubs always race ahead only to fall back after a few months.These squeaks about who we have played smacks more of scrabbling round to find something to attack the club with than any reasoned argument about how things are. And unsurprisingly they all come from the same posters. Quelle surprise !

I don''t think our defensive issues can be blamed solely on GK selection. Injuries have seen the Norwich back four change twice during two games (and changing a back four during a game is never good for defensive consistency) and means that AN has not been able to deploy what appears to be his first choice back four (Pinto-Martin-Klose-Olsson/Brady) for an entire game yet.

Averaging 2 goals a game conceded in the last 3 games.. not his fault but too many.

Made some excellent saves last night but does have a tendency to parry and last night in the first half what looked a regular save to hold he pushed away, eventually this will catch him out.

For me I''d be happier with JR

I really don''t get the clamour for John Ruddy to come back into the side. I went to the Blackburn game and what was lost amongst a brilliant attacking display was just how awful he was.

He spilt a very routine free kick into his chest and let in a very soft goal from Stokes. He was also shaky on a number of other occasions as well.

McGovern has largely done very well since coming into the side and does actually make some very good claims and catches. The idea he stays rooted to his line is unfair. I thought he also made a couple of excellent stops to boot yesterday night.

He''s rightfully the man in possession and should remain so for the time being.

Good goalkeepers do not necessarily have to make saves as quite often, by their presence, collection of crosses, positioning, vocal attributes and organisation of defences they stop the shots before they are made.

MM made some good stops last night, and is a very capable backup, but I feel, overall, JR is the better keeper and should return.