Sign in to follow this  
willo

Concern from Tuesday...

Not moaning, more concerned with some selection issues from Tuesday. AN has been saying now for some 18 months that both Tettey and Hoolahan struggle to play 3 games a week. With Dorrans, Martin and Ollson returning from injury and clearly short of match fitness, surely it would have been wise to have rested these 2, as it was obvious they both would struggle to complete the game.

I assumed the keeping of Mulumbu was for this very reason, likewise having Canos, Pritchard and Naismith available. I know Tettey''s was an injury, but why take the risk with a player who''s history suggests he will suffer with the schedule. Having spoken to a few fans before the game it seemed the logical thing to do. We were left with the inevitable substitutions of these 2 together with 3 players breathing out of their rear end come the 80 minute mark. Not worth the risk surely....??

I know he has the Tinkerman nickname with some, but sensible rotation when we have such a condensed fixture list would seem logical, especially when AN is telling us these issues exist with certain players.

Mulumbu should''ve probably come on in place of Tettey. Dorrans is not that type of player. Not that matter now. But hopefully Pinto Tettey & Olsson will be fine.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Tettey allows others to move forward. He does his job and we miss him when hes not there.[/quote]

Players like that tend to go unnoticed. Look at the Chelsea team that has started the season so well - the only difference from their line up from last year is bringing in Kante. He is allowing everybody else to get forward

Its no different from how we rely on Tettey