Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Why?

FFS!!!

Apparently the team are wearing the away kit on Saturday

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/nottingham-forest-norwich-city-away-kit-3308443.aspx

That''s one less song to sing............

It REALLY pee''s me off.

I know, I know, I need to concentrate on other things

Could work on of two ways. Either our players won''t see each other well to pass to, or the Forest players won''t be able to see us as we run past them. It''s like black cars. You don''t see them as well as brightly coloured cars.    There does seem to be too much creativity going into these kits  (like the migraine inducing ones covered in pretty bits, or the striped one of a couple of seasons ago) without any sense of what the kit is for - so as players can easily see each other.  A black one, to me, seems totally barmy. Just call me old fashioned. [:S]

Maybe because, and this is just a rumour so may not be true, but I heard instead of the huddle before kick off on Saturday, we have been practising the Hakka, and will use that to gain a physiological edge.

Come on you all blacks.

And the logic behind this decision is....????There''s no way you''re going to confuse a yellow shirt with a red one ffs, in fact the black vs red combination is arguably MORE difficult to distuingish!Apart from Burton and Wolves, I can''t see any reason for us to even use the Away kit, but I guess they want to get their money''s worth out of the away shirt fabric [:D]

Think you will find it is to do with contractual arrangements and has to be worn so many times per season. There are not many teams that wear yellow in the championship this year.

Contractual arrangements with who?Surely we dictate if we want 2/3/ or more, kits.and we will dictate how many we will order.

On the same news item is a link to buy said black kit.

I can''t see anybody seeing the team in the kit on Saturday, and using that as the catalyst to want to purchase one.

LDC, the Wigan keeper didn''t see Jacob Murphy (green and yellow kit) creep up on him on Tuesday, so that might be a mute point!

People are really asking about the contractual arrangements?

It''ll most likely be the shirt sponsor I would think.

Also, the club will have decided a minimum number of times the away shirt should be worn - to help sales etc.

You know, it''s not like a Sunday League team where the away strip is your old home strip from around 5 seasons ago . . . .

Is the shirt sponsor for the away shirt, different to the home shirt then?

I KNOW it is about shirt sales (buying two instead of one), but I repeat my earlier post, about wearing it at Forest, to prompt sales. It just won''t.

You are not looking at the bigger picture.

It''s not about the Forrest game - it''s about a number of away games. I doubt very much thought goes into it particularly because it''s not like we are a team that has red/blue or any other more popular combination. We could probably go a whole season just wearing yellow.

Anyway. The club needs to make money plus I should imagine any prospective sponsorship deal value will be based upon number of shirt sales - the more we sell, arguably the more exposure there is etc.

Anyway, asking such questions is a tad daft considering our club colours . . . . . I mean it''s been that way for ages.

Plus no one really cares that much. You are the first person I can remember in 30+ years to be bothered enough to ask about it. Or get upset.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I like the black kit, but my strop is about the main reason an away kit , needing to be used, is not relevant on Saturday.[/quote]Yeah, prob as been mentioned earlier "Sales & Marketing" maybe we''re looking for profits from shirt sales to top up our new striker purchase in the New Year (End Jan) ;-)

Well that''s another bugbear of mine! I think the ''leisurewear'' for NCFC could be vastly improved. I like looking around other Club Shops at away games, and there is a lot than can be added to the NCFC range. THAT''S where the money for the new striker could come from............

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Well that''s another bugbear of mine! I think the ''leisurewear'' for NCFC could be vastly improved. I like looking around other Club Shops at away games, and there is a lot than can be added to the NCFC range. THAT''S where the money for the new striker could come from............[/quote]Yep def agree more exciting stuff in the shop could increase profits... Not sure they''d pay for a new striker though,we are what we are, a neat and tidy club with limited funds.

Why does anybody really get worked up if the team wear an away kit for an away game?

Flipping heck, what has that got to do with supporting the team?

Get lives, you twunts.

Now now Katie, it''s all about identity, it''s a slippery slope, that''s why I voted how I did, in the Brexit ''debate''.................

Anyway, I was in a quiet moment at work when I spotted this news item...............

Not sure if this thread was tongue in cheek or not, but there folks on twitter that appear to be genuinely moaning about our choice of kit tomorrow.

Seriously people?

All three kits are great this season. I lounge around on the mean streets of Clapton in the third, an eye-catching treat of pure genius. I''d rather have our kits than the boring s!!t put out by Forest, Villa etc. People need to sort their lives out if they ''don''t get it''.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Maybe because, and this is just a rumour so may not be true, but I heard instead of the huddle before kick off on Saturday, we have been practising the Hakka, and will use that to gain a physiological edge.

Come on you all blacks.[/quote]

Is it me or have the stopped the huddle ?

Are any other clubs, that we wish we were, wearing away kits tomorrow?

What are Bournemouth wearing?