Sign in to follow this  
morty

Whats wrong with people?

I sort of see your point about Villa, although I always thought he would struggle there.

They had a completely different mentality to us, here he picked a team up at its lowest and installed belief and made individual players perform at levels they didn''t know they could - at Villa he was dealing with players who had been there, done that so had nothing to prove, we''re happy to collect 80k a week.

However, it''s a bit harsh to say he destroyed Blackburn, didn''t he go 8 unbeaten at one stage? I think the damage was done there a long time ago...

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It''s a sense of unease I think akin to when Hughton was our manager and many were content merely because we were outside the relegation zone despite the fact many could see what was likely to happen because of how we were playing and the fixtures we had at the end of the season.

the team, balance and performance levels are not right and whilst I''m not advocating sacking the manager he needs to get it sorted soon because we will not beat the better teams playing like this.[/quote][Y]

Morty has hit the nail right on the head, why do people bother to go to games if it upsets them so much. It is obvious that we are not performing to the level we expected, however we continue to pick up wins. The championship is a notoriously difficult league with no easy games. Added to the fact that all teams will be happy with a point at Carrow Road. Lastly, if Morty cannot understand why so many people attend matches and moan constantly he should take a quick look at the "vital" forum posters. Not a positive one on there making this one seem almost positive.

[quote user="Red Rufus"]Morty has hit the nail right on the head, why do people bother to go to games if it upsets them so much. It is obvious that we are not performing to the level we expected, however we continue to pick up wins. The championship is a notoriously difficult league with no easy games. Added to the fact that all teams will be happy with a point at Carrow Road. Lastly, if Morty cannot understand why so many people attend matches and moan constantly he should take a quick look at the "vital" forum posters. Not a positive one on there making this one seem almost positive.[/quote]Lol, never been to the vital forum, I may give that one a miss[Y]

It''s not a new thing though. This is how it''s always been. I think I said elsewhere that I know people who have been going to Carrow Road for over 50 years and they moaned through most of them. The odd successful season where they don''t moan they seem to forget all the things they''d previously moaned about and happy clap with the best of us. Us happy clappers should take a leaf out of the club''s book and build up a siege mentality against the moaners and then welcome them back to enjoy the golden times. Otherwise you just fall out with people and life becomes uncomfortable...

As someone who''s usually positive but aired concerns over our last couple of performances I''ve found it rather frustrating how much I''ve been jumped on by other posters on here.

I''ve been accused of wanting us to lose and wishing that we were Newcastle. Seriously? What the hell, why so much spite?

3 times in the last 2 games, we''ve got ourselves a 2 goal lead. And each and every time, we''ve ended up hanging on by a thread. Is it unreasonable to expect our team to go on and be comfortable in at least 1 of these 3 occasions? Given the quality of team we''ve played - I would''ve expected us to have been able to sit both games out comfortably - it is not too much to ask.

It was hugely frustrating to see our team throw away such a comfortable position and almost completely capitulate. For large parts of that second half we couldn''t string together more than a couple of passes. Did that not take away from the performance at all? Or did people on this thread spend the second half against Wigan smiling and enjoying themselves?

I''m happy we got the results but to go from such a comfortable first half to that dire second was poor and left a rather subsided feel - the atmosphere after the game around the ground echoed that, lot''s of iffy looks on peoples'' faces.

I can''t believe other posters don''t appear to share these feelings? Or so it seems, given that even posters'' raising reasonable points of concern are being instantly accused of wanting the team to lose. Come on.

There IS a middle ground but so many people seem determined to blow the other person''s opinion completely out of proportion and twist their opinions. It''s the accusations and spite that separates the forum into either negative or positive and then leads to subsequent face-rubbing when one or the other side is proven right. Not because negative people WANT the team to lose, but because they get so pi55ed off with being insulted and ridiculed...

Good point well made Skyler, here we have a binary forum, to use the current parlance, sadly the room for discussion is squeezed, often by the vertically challenged amongs us.👍

I understand people''s concerns to an extent but I always feel at this stage of the season it''s more a case of points on the board and work from there. We got 2 home wins out of 2 without playing our best. Well we''ve got the points regardless and now a list of things to work on in training. Certainly not the end of the world.

Mark Warburton just been interviewed on sky talking about all the negativity he gets regardless of the result. He reckons it''s a Scottish thing !

The next three games will prove a stiffer test with two very hard away games in the league. I think 14pts from 7 will move on to 17 from 10 . Anything more and we will be doing very well anything less and this message board will be very lively

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Morty will be ready to disagree whatever the outcome.[/quote]Awwww, you still tripping over your lip because we disagreed on another thread?Grow up mate.

Feel exactly the same skyler you are not alone.

Unfortunately most of our fans are content with resting on their laurels. As we are winning just about we are not aloud to constructively look at the performances of the team.

If so we are just moaners.

Tough game Saturday, will need to play better than we have since first game of season if we want anything.

Let''s hope we''re up for it

Unfortunately there are groups of posters who only literally turn up when we lose, but aren''t anywhere to be seen when we win.It does polarise things somewhat.

Fenway frank;

Mark Warburton just been interviewed on sky talking about all the negativity he gets regardless of the result. He reckons it''s a Scottish thing !

Have to say, I find Scots a lot less negative in their outlook than English, having said that Rangers fans are not renowned for their manners, or much else.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]No need to grow up just stating the reality. You love to argue for the sake of it.[/quote]No I don''t.

I think that sometimes realism is misinterpreted as negativity. We have many elements of a top six squad but a championship mentality from the board. Realistically, we will therefore finish mid table.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I think that sometimes realism is misinterpreted as negativity. We have many elements of a top six squad but a championship mentality from the board. Realistically, we will therefore finish mid table.[/quote]Really?

Everybody believes their opinion is realistic so using realism as a tag to somehow enforce your own opinion Is pretty pointless. Even with the realism tag most of us are wrong more than we''re right. I bet Highland thought he was being realistic when he predicted we''d finish 14th in our last champs season....

morty wrote:

''''Unfortunately there are groups of posters who only literally turn up when we lose, but aren''t anywhere to be seen when we win.

It does polarise things somewhat. ''''

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That''s true there are those people Morty. But obviously neither Jim nor myself fall under this bracket of poster... given that we had just won and we were actively posting.

Yet in this thread you responded specifically to Jim''s post and my ''+1''ing of his comment with;

''''My God, its like some of you begrudge your own team a win

Newcastle won away by six goals last night, is that the benchmark now? Anything less against Forest won''t be good enough?

There is a whole section of fans waiting till we lose so they can proclaim "See, see!! I told you we were rubbish"

Sickening.''''

I know there are posters like that on here - and fans just as bad at the ground - which I also get annoyed with too. But I think it''s unfair to paint everyone with the same brush just because they have also raised some areas of concern.

I''d like people to counter negative (reasonably negative) posts with debate - tell us what there is to be positive about too and then we can meet in the middle!

This kind of generalizing is driving the fans apart IMO.

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]morty wrote:

''''Unfortunately there are groups of posters who only literally turn up when we lose, but aren''t anywhere to be seen when we win.

It does polarise things somewhat. ''''

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That''s true there are those people Morty. But obviously neither Jim nor myself fall under this bracket of poster... given that we had just won and we were actively posting.

Yet in this thread you responded specifically to Jim''s post and my ''+1''ing of his comment with;

''''My God, its like some of you begrudge your own team a win

Newcastle won away by six goals last night, is that the benchmark now? Anything less against Forest won''t be good enough?

There is a whole section of fans waiting till we lose so they can proclaim "See, see!! I told you we were rubbish"

Sickening.''''

I know there are posters like that on here - and fans just as bad at the ground - which I also get annoyed with too. But I think it''s unfair to paint everyone with the same brush just because they have also raised some areas of concern.

I''d like people to counter negative (reasonably negative) posts with debate - tell us what there is to be positive about too and then we can meet in the middle!

This kind of generalizing is driving the fans apart IMO.[/quote]Yeah I just read back, and I didn''t quote either you or Jim, so it was a general comment not particularly aimed at either of you. A lot of people have been here so long, that you almost know what they are going to post, before they do! Oh and Highland is in a special category of his own[:)]